Head Count

I lean

• Total voters
To me, and I think that this is the more accurate way to look at it, the scale isn't left and right linearly, it's more like a diamond shape, with left and right but also top and bottom. The top is "authoritarian" and the bottom is "lbertarian" (small L).

So you have some who are libertarian right, some authoritarian left, others libertarian left and authoritarian right.

IMO, progressives are authoritarian left, Libertarians are libertarian right, and SoCons are authoritarian right. I believe that libertarian lefties are so scarce and they are non-existant in politics.

I dunno. I'd be willing to call myself libertarian left. I certainly don't like to think of myself as 'right wing' or 'conservative'.

I do, and that's because on the issues that I think actually MATTER to the prosperity of this country, I'm on the right.

I think most of today's social issues don't really have much of a place at the federal level anyway, so I don't really bother placing myself anywhere on a chart in regards to them.

Where do you land? I think this board has a 2-3 v 1 ratio of conservatives to liberals.

Considering the Level Of Dishonesty by Many in here, On Both Sides. I would not put much stock in this poll lol. We got People Pretending to be Right wing Kooks, we all know are some Left leaning dick weed trying to re-enforce Stereotypes about the Right, and Visa Versa.

We have an On Going debate about who "Dominates" the Board, So that is more Motivation for people to Lie on this Poll.

I chose Right. Probably fall more between Right, and Center.

It's Really pretty silly to try and Label People like this.

I for Example Hold Varying Views on Different Positions.

If we were Discussing For Example Drug Policy, I would probably Come off as Rather Liberal.

Talking about Abortion, Probably a Moderate.

Start Talking the Constitution, or National Defense Issues, and all of the Sudden I am a Far Right loon.

Now the Issues that are Most Important to me, Happen to Be things like the Debt, Following the Constitution, and Defense. All happen to have me to the Right, so that is what I am labeled in here.

Last edited:
I love the way all the people who labeled themselves as either "moderate" or "none of the above" are hardcore lefties and Obama fluffers.

It just goes to show that lefties can't even be honest with themselves.

As I figured, the lefties will lie or not vote to skew the results. BDBoop has not voted in her own poll and Moonglow and Mr Clean call themselves moderates.

I am a social liberal but a fiscal conservative.

We've already discussed the meaning of "fiscal conservative" in another thread.

Liberal Dictionary:
================================================
fiscal conservative - tax-and-spend liberal.

To me, and I think that this is the more accurate way to look at it, the scale isn't left and right linearly, it's more like a diamond shape, with left and right but also top and bottom. The top is "authoritarian" and the bottom is "lbertarian" (small L).

So you have some who are libertarian right, some authoritarian left, others libertarian left and authoritarian right.

IMO, progressives are authoritarian left, Libertarians are libertarian right, and SoCons are authoritarian right. I believe that libertarian lefties are so scarce and they are non-existant in politics.

More of us than you think, it is popular on the right to lump everyone into "communism" and declines to entertain just how much better things would be when the government also fights domestic exploitation along with crime and foreign enemies. I really don't care what anyone does as long as it is mutually beneficial.

Where do you land? I think this board has a 2-3 v 1 ratio of conservatives to liberals.

I can't answer this poll without the poll option definitions being defined. For the last many days I've been on several threads with people who still label Hitler as rightwing and therefore in good company with others who see themselves as right of center.

But in the pure defnitions of modern day Liberalism and Conservatism, Hitler would be well left of center. Yet many USMBers don't accept those definitions as they apply in modern day America.

Unless we can agree on the definitions, any poll will create a much difference impression than what probably exists.

Forum List

Back