Head Count

I lean

• Total voters
By 2020, Hispanic growth in Arizona and Texas will push those states over into the blue column. After that, it becomes mathematically impossible for the GOP to take the presidency.

and they will also transform the Democratic party into what THEY want it to be.....and that will mean a lot of non Latinos will leave.....so what happens then?.....

That's a stretch... How do you figure that?

If anyone is changing their party and driving people out these days, it's the GOP. Colin Powell, Orrin Hatch, Dick Lugar, Olympia Snowe, all a bunch of people who decided the GOP has just become too crazy for them.

lets put it like this.....they say in 10 years there are going to be a lot of Latinos here,much more than now.....they will need a party right?.....since they are in the Democratic party already they will take it over and make it like they want....do you think they are going to listen to what the White people tell them after that?......i dont think so.....New Democratic party ......new ideals....you might see a white exodus....

and they will also transform the Democratic party into what THEY want it to be.....and that will mean a lot of non Latinos will leave.....so what happens then?.....

If anyone is changing their party and driving people out these days, it's the GOP. Colin Powell, Orrin Hatch, Dick Lugar, Olympia Snowe, all a bunch of people who decided the GOP has just become too crazy for them.

lets put it like this.....they say in 10 years there are going to be a lot of Latinos here,much more than now.....they will need a party right?.....since they are in the Democratic party already they will take it over and make it like they want....do you think they are going to listen to what the White people tell them after that?......i dont think so.....New Democratic party ......new ideals....you might see a white exodus....

I'm thinkin not.

Was that supposed to be a Scary Thought?

I voted left. I believe in Social Security, I am a strong Labor supporter, I am for downsizing the military-industrial complex, I believe in a National Health Care System that includes a limited public option. I support a pro-choice policy...but I don't condone the choice...I think that gays are just as much taxpaying citizens as straight people and should be allowed to have all the relationship- based protections as a heterosexuals do. I believe that pot should be totally decriminalized, throw an age limit and tax the sales. On the Conservative side....I am anti- gun control and pro- welfare reform....think accountability and WPA/CCC type programs.

I think that makes me a left leaning libertarian....according to the diamond chart.

Where I disagree with Libertarians is that I think that their non-involvement idoelogy when it comes to foreign policy is quite naive and possibly disasterous...do I think we could tone it down? Yes...absolutely. I also don't believe in the "sink or swim" mentality when it comes to social programs...but I do think a revamping of the system is a worthy topic of discussion.

I voted hard left. I am a real liberal.

Sometimes I'd prefer anarchy... Because I a man who can take care of his own. I have never needed any form of government, and I never will. I have no problem giving to my neighbor in need, I do have a problem with my neighbor stealing from me.
Government is the tyrrany of the weaklings.

If I have to stomach a government at all, our Declaration of Independance, and it's supporting Constitution is the best deal we are going to get.

Individuals have the right to speak their mind and practice their religion per our first amendment. The government has no business usurping the religious sacraments of individuals. You want to call yourself married to a goat? I don't care, you just can't do it in my Church.

Individuals have the right to defend themselves and others per our 2nd amendment. The government has no right to killing anyone, in their prisons or stealing our money to fund their satanic globalist wars.

The right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
The right to life takes precedence over any other right: It is the first right, and the only non subjective right.
If everyone does not have the right to life, then no-one really has any rights at all.

Last edited:

Um, no, not really. The problem is you seem to think that Hispanics are from Mars or something, not that they don't have interests that are pretty much the same as White folks. .

I think the GOP could have made a lot of inroads with Hispanics, but they picked to side with the Bubba Rednecks and Nativists and probably lost them for a couple generations.

an old post that mostly fits:

"The 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." Alex Carey

America has succeeded so well that entrenched interests now dominate our political psyche - that and escapism TV. Socially America is fairly liberal but the intrusion of religion into politics caused by money interests (tax exemption) has raised several moral and cultural items to ridiculous influence. A two party system in which one is labeled left and the other right also gives the impression America is conservative. In reality the right is mostly about power and money, but in order to beat down the opponent one must accuse them of being so far left, the cliff is next. Everything you hear is a challenge to an American icon or a tradition made glorious even when it is not always praiseworthy. Consider only the war mentality that anything short of bombing everyone to heck is a sign of weakness. WWII created a hubris hard to break. Then we had Korea and Nam. Terrorism caused a repeat of fear, an easy and well defined foe and propaganda of the likes that made McCarthy famous.

But America isn't what you read and see on the MSM which is primarily conservative today and all about this presentation of opposites and other assorted nonsense like Sarah Hogan and Lindsey. New York ain't Atlanta ain't rural America nor the west the south or LA. A wide spectrum exists but the division of two makes for odd coalitions on both sides.

I am currently reading William Manchester's 'Glory and the Dream,' and curiously we have been this way since FDR (even before). Back and forward, one step forward, two back, two forward, one back, we seem from this narrative history almost to have stood still. McCarthy is Rove or Beck, Stevenson Kerry, Eisenhower Bush Sr, Carter a weaker Christian Truman, terrorism communism. And so it goes.

PS today: Great book, read it and cheap used on Amazon.

Last edited:

I'm thinkin not.

Was that supposed to be a Scary Thought?
Latinos know they are being used by the Democrats.....they are not as stupid as the party thinks they are.....they know that the Democrats are "for them"....but please,just dont move into my neighborhood....i hear this and see the results from the non-latinos daily BD......you know how many times when a Latino family moves onto my route i will hear a remark or two from the people who live there waiting for the mail......"well i hope they dont start parking their cars on the lawn"....."how many are going to live there i wonder,they usually will have 3-4 families you know"......."if they start putting their trash piled up outside and i get Cockroaches"......i hear this enough

Forum List

Back