Head Count

I lean

• Total voters
I voted "lean right". It really depends on the issue. On some things I can be pretty hard left (usually a socially based issue such as gay rights), sometimes I can be very moderate (such as with abortion where I endorse the Democratic solution [legalization] but the Republican point of view [it's a vile, disgusting institution]), but on others I can get extremely conservative (pretty much everything else). I almost chose moderate, but as I tend to agree with the Republicans on the vast majority of topics and the issues that are of real importance to me in voting are currently strong Republican issues, I chose Lean Right.

Last edited:
Where do you land? I think this board has a 2-3 v 1 ratio of conservatives to liberals.

So just exactly where are you categorizing the people who consider themselves to be "moderates"?

Left? Right?

You're going to find that at least 1/3 of the votes are going to be in the "moderate" category.

Kind of screws up your whole poll, doesn't it?

As to the POINT of your poll, I doubt any of us will ever figure that out.

To me, and I think that this is the more accurate way to look at it, the scale isn't left and right linearly, it's more like a diamond shape, with left and right but also top and bottom. The top is "authoritarian" and the bottom is "lbertarian" (small L).

So you have some who are libertarian right, some authoritarian left, others libertarian left and authoritarian right.

IMO, progressives are authoritarian left, Libertarians are libertarian right, and SoCons are authoritarian right. I believe that libertarian lefties are so scarce and they are non-existant in politics.

Where do you land? I think this board has a 2-3 v 1 ratio of conservatives to liberals.

The obvious problem is that you liberals all claim you are moderates.

Exactly why this guy wont vote because... liberals lie too often. :hmpf:

No, Im moderate, or no Im progressive, or no Im independant.... whatever :cuckoo:

There is no doubt what I stand for. Life liberty and the pusuit of happiness :clap2:

So just exactly where are you categorizing the people who consider themselves to be "moderates"?

Left? Right?

You're going to find that at least 1/3 of the votes are going to be in the "moderate" category.

Kind of screws up your whole poll, doesn't it?

As to the POINT of your poll, I doubt any of us will ever figure that out.

Moderate? So what. If they're moderate, they're categorized as moderate.

My last name isn't Rasmussen.

Forum List

Back