He who would catch fish mustn't mind getting wet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thebumtious1, Sep 7, 2011.

1. thebumtious1

thebumtious1 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Germany refused to participate in the military operation in Libya. Moreover, the refusal wasn't adequately proved. I'm remotely convinced Merkel just got the wind up. The German Interior Minister's claim that currently there're more than 1000 potential Islamic terrorists in the country can easily prove my assumption. It isn't difficult to follow up the logic of German chancellor: if Germany supports American crusade against the Muslim world, extremists living in the country will drown Germans in blood and Merkel won't be able to do anything! I don't understand why the United States need such unreliable partners which back out at the earliest threat. As far as I know the NATO membership means first of all the participation in the initiatives of this organization. And Germany wants to enjoy the niceties of the NATO membership without participation in military operations. Double standards are obvious.

2. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,618
    He who speaks with a forked tongue risks a double lisp.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Umm I used to fish a lot but do not know what getting wet has to do with fishing?

Clumsy or poor planning fishermen?

4. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +808
    You are upset that Germany doesn't want to partake in a costly military kinetic action in Libya to support a bunch of militant Islamists overthrow a dictator that Europe and America have been doing business with?

I mean what could go wrong?

This administration is acting in Libya without congressional approval, didn't even consult congress, and you are upset that sovereign country that was just reunited a short two decades ago because of war doesn't want to participate?

WTF :eusa_eh:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1