He was stupid to get caught, leave him. He knew what he was getting into.

"Leave no man behind. Um.. well actually a few men is okay"

- GOP

Gee, where was the "leave no man behind" attitude during the Benghazi attack? We also have a rule about not giving in to terrorists. Obama was a little too eager to please them rather than taking a tough stance.

Actually, several fellow soldiers were killed when they went looking for the guy after he disappeared. It was believed that he deserted the unit, but they looked anyway and some lost their lives. They did not leave him behind. Might be he left them behind. He only joined our military after being rejected by the French army, so the loyalty to the U.S. just wasn't there.

No one is saying that we shouldn't do something, but releasing 5 of the top Taliban terrorists is weak. That will encourage more kidnapping of citizens or capture of military. The guy who was held has made anti-American remarks and sympathizes with the terrorists. His father praised Allah (in Arabic) when he met Obama.

Sorry, but something is going on here. Obama made an illegal and very stupid move when he released the worst terrorists so quickly. He doesn't want to explain why he did it and offers some lame excuse about extenuating circumstances.

Last edited:
He was demoralized and got captured, to condemn Obama for rescuing a soldier (that deserted or not) is crazy. Even if he wasn't a soldier, it would be inhuman for the US government to not try its best to bring him home.

What kind of message does this send to terrorists?
That we value the lives of our soldiers, and want to get the last US POW out of Afghanistan.

He was demoralized and got captured, to condemn Obama for rescuing a soldier (that deserted or not) is crazy. Even if he wasn't a soldier, it would be inhuman for the US government to not try its best to bring him home.

What kind of message does this send to terrorists?
That we value the lives of our soldiers, and want to get the last US POW out of Afghanistan.

They don't place any value on life so they would not understand your sentiment. They aren't stupid though. They know that with O in office, they can negotiate their own terms.

The point is your dear leader violated the law, AGAIN.

Here is a distressing thought at the very least with this exchange we gave Al-Qaeda and the Taliban a major propaganda victory I can see these guys being used as recruiting tools and examples of what they can accomplish by being strong and staying true to the cause.

To be my 'dear leader' I would have had to vote for him, and have supported the ineffective wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in the first place. If it was up to me, we would have never had any POW's or war dead there at all, as there would have been no war there in the first place.

GOP Lawmakers: Prisoner Exchange Violated Law - ABC News

Taliban prisoner swap was ILLEGAL and could lead to Obama's IMPEACHMENT

We are leaving the Middle East. Hopefully for good. Seems Republicans are saying, "He was stupid to get caught, leave him. He knew what he was getting into when he enlisted".
If we don't get whoever is still alive and captive out now, it may never happen. Since Republicans don't want to pay for veterans here and even cut food stamps for disabled veterans, perhaps that's their plan. How many Americans have disappeared in Iraq and Afghanistan and we don't know if they are alive or not?

This is a signal for anyone who may still be an alive captive.

thanx for proving me right again Dean....you dont question anything done by Obama or your Party.....if they say this was on the up and up.....you just say ok....not even a ..."hey wait,i have a question about this".....like i asked you years ago....."hey Dean?....is that a Flag with a "D" on it sticking out of your ass?".....i guess it is.....

How many of your kind cried and whined that Obama was illegally killing an American using a drone on an American born terrorist? Remember that? The poor guy wasn't being given "due process".

Now this guy is an alleged deserter. Not a terrorist. Not someone actively plotting to attack this country. And yet, your kind is saying "fuck him, let him die over there".

That proves it's all about Obama. Republicans don't care. They only want power so they can shovel money to the rich. And you have the nerve to point fingers at me? Ha!

Anwar al-Awlaki and Khan were killed in Yemen on Sept. 30, 2011. A March 9, 2013, Times news story about the strike said al-Awlaki, a cleric born in New Mexico, incited and plotted terrorist incidents involving U.S. targets, including lending support via email to Nidal Hasan in 2009 before Hasan killed 13 and wounded more than 30 people at Fort Hood in Texas. Khan, who the story said came from North Carolina, edited the online al-Qaeda propaganda magazine Inspire.

The New York Times said another U.S. citizen, Kamal Derwish, had been killed by a drone strike in Yemen on Nov. 3, 2002, when George W. Bush was president. Derwish was a recruiter who put together an al-Qaeda sleeper cell in Lackawanna, N.Y., according to an Oct. 12, 2003, New York Times news story.

Another U.S. citizen could be facing death by drone, according to news reports. A Feb. 28, 2014, New York Times news story said Abdullah al-Shami, "a militant who American officials say is living in the barren mountains of northwestern Pakistan" and who was possibly born in Texas, "is at the center of a debate inside the government over whether President Obama should once again take the extraordinary step of authorizing the killing of an American citizen overseas."

Four U.S. citizens killed in Obama drone strikes

Remember the GOP outrage and freakout???? I do.

And now, these SAME Republicans want to condemn an alleged deserter???? Who even knows what actually happened???? Yet, they hate Obama so much, they hope it's another reason to go after Obama? Just leave an American out to dry??? Without any kind of due process??

Oh these right wingers. Such hypocrites.

To be my 'dear leader' I would have had to vote for him, and have supported the ineffective wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in the first place. If it was up to me, we would have never had any POW's or war dead there at all, as there would have been no war there in the first place.

Bush should have gone in, taken out Bin Laden and left.

We are leaving the Middle East. Hopefully for good. Seems Republicans are saying, "He was stupid to get caught, leave him. He knew what he was getting into when he enlisted".
If we don't get whoever is still alive and captive out now, it may never happen. Since Republicans don't want to pay for veterans here and even cut food stamps for disabled veterans, perhaps that's their plan. How many Americans have disappeared in Iraq and Afghanistan and we don't know if they are alive or not?

thanx for proving me right again Dean....you dont question anything done by Obama or your Party.....if they say this was on the up and up.....you just say ok....not even a ..."hey wait,i have a question about this".....like i asked you years ago....."hey Dean?....is that a Flag with a "D" on it sticking out of your ass?".....i guess it is.....

Dean the Dumbass Democrap.

He got caught because he deserted. The Military should try him for desertion in the face of the enemy. But then little facts like that escape notice by you retards.

We don't know he deserted. You can't convict someone on hearsay like you do Obama.

Worse, what about the Americans who joined al Qaeda and attacked or planned attacks against this country? Remember Republicans who cried "due process"? Seems this guy wasn't involved in either, but he should be left to die?

Come on, admit it. It's all about "hate Obama".

If we left Afghanistan and Obama left an American behind, you guys would go nuts.

Holy smokes

you people should of seen what they said about John McCain while he was running for President on his being a POW

these same people here has not a shred of honor

How many of your kind cried and whined that Obama was illegally killing an American using a drone on an American born terrorist? Remember that? The poor guy wasn't being given "due process".

Now this guy is an alleged deserter. Not a terrorist. Not someone actively plotting to attack this country. And yet, your kind is saying "fuck him, let him die over there".

That proves it's all about Obama. Republicans don't care. They only want power so they can shovel money to the rich. And you have the nerve to point fingers at me? Ha!

yea no shit.....where was your thread questioning this?...

my kind?.....what kind is that?.....and once again.....where is your thread questioning this?....

That proves it's all about Obama.

yea people actually questioning the President....so when will you question Obama about anything?.....or will you just go with the flow?.....

Republicans don't care.

im sure they dont....but then i dont believe the Democrats do either.....i know they told you they do and because you dont question them....you belive them....

They only want power so they can shovel money to the rich.

like the Democrats are any different....i know they told you they are....

And you have the nerve to point fingers at me?

that you dont question the Democrats?....yea i point fingers at you....prove me wrong....show me a thread of yours were you are questioning the Democrats like you do the Republicans.....

Negged for being a liar. You posted two articles and neither quote any Republicans saying to leave him. Pull shit out of your ass and fling it like a monkey and you'll get negged everytime.

No one is arguing that. The problem is that laws (signed by Obama) were broken (by Obama) to do it and it sent a message to terrorist that the value of a captured American soldier is 5 really bad and nasty high level terrorists. Please tell me you understand what has happened here.

And if it were up to you, you'd look like Tom Sellick, be built like Arnold and have a 10 inch dick, but we're talking actual reality here Mr. Daydreamer.

He got caught because he deserted. The Military should try him for desertion in the face of the enemy. But then little facts like that escape notice by you retards.

We don't know he deserted. You can't convict someone on hearsay like you do Obama.

Worse, what about the Americans who joined al Qaeda and attacked or planned attacks against this country? Remember Republicans who cried "due process"? Seems this guy wasn't involved in either, but he should be left to die?

Come on, admit it. It's all about "hate Obama".

If we left Afghanistan and Obama left an American behind, you guys would go nuts.

So tell us rderp, does Obama's ass taste like regular ass or better than regular ass?

As usual you ignore the facts. The men who he served with ALL say he was a deserter..
Look that up before you insert your brainless foot in your mouth yet again.

Forum List

Back