He simply has to end the war

I believe that the accusation was that the killings were intentional.

Sorry about that Glock, I hadn’t seen the statement so I didn’t know that there was a suggestion that the killings were intentional. Even though I am against the war, I do know that the military justice system of the US Armed forces is probably the best in the world and I would much rather go in front of a military cort martial than a jury of my “peers”. If the JAG has not found that the individuals acted with malicious intent or with a reckless disregard of human life, there is NO reason to suggest they did so.

If will give the average drunk driver the benefit of a reasonable doubt, then we should apply the same standard to our soldiers, sailors and airmen.

I looked at my earlier statement and we should give our service men and women a heightened standard of reasonable doubt as we are placing them in harm’s way. Even a higher threshold should be given our military personnel than we provide police in the US as there are in an extremely hostile environment.

As it is our elected leader’s decision to send out troops into harm’s way it is their duty to consider the possibility that innocents will be harmed in any used of military force. In addition they need to consider that, with any “live fire” deployment the danger to our own troops raises dramatically just from accidents and friendly fire.

Last edited:
I see that you believe your messiah when he accuses American troops of bombing villages and killing children. :cuckoo:

Are you suggesting Obama is my messiah? You've been around here long enough to know I'm not an Obama supporter.

Sorry about that Glock, I hadn’t seen the statement so I didn’t know that there was a suggestion that the killings were intentional. Even though I am against the war, I do know that the military justice system of the US Armed forces is probably the best in the world and I would much rather go in front of a military cort martial than a jury of my “peers”. If the JAG has not found that the individuals acted with malicious intent or with a reckless disregard of human life, there is NO reason to suggest they did so.

If will give the average drunk driver the benefit of a reasonable doubt, then we should apply the same standard to our soldiers, sailors and airmen.

I looked at my earlier statement and we should give our service men and women a heightened standard of reasonable doubt as we are placing them in harm’s way. Even a higher threshold should be given our military personnel than we provide police in the US as there are in an extremely hostile environment.

As it is our elected leader’s decision to send out troops into harm’s way it is their duty to consider the possibility that innocents will be harmed in any used of military force. In addition they need to consider that, with any “live fire” deployment the danger to our own troops raises dramatically just from accidents and friendly fire.
That was the implication.

You also need to understand that war is different than normal life due to the rules of engagement. Liberals want our soldiers to fire only when fired upon, take prisoners and collect evidence, like cops on the streets of a US city. But soldiers are not cops and the battlefield is not a US city. In fact there less similarities than differences. That's why prisoners of war should not be treated the same as a US civilian convicted of a crime.

Hussein isn't going to 'end' the war... he's simply going to make the war more favorable for the enemies of America; which he's already done... given that they've just won an Presidential election.

You are one of the enemies of America.

I see that you believe your messiah when he accuses American troops of bombing villages and killing children. :cuckoo:

As General Wesley Clark said, "When you kill someone's family, they tend not to like you."

That was the implication.

You also need to understand that war is different than normal life due to the rules of engagement. Liberals want our soldiers to fire only when fired upon, take prisoners and collect evidence, like cops on the streets of a US city. But soldiers are not cops and the battlefield is not a US city. In fact there less similarities than differences. That's why prisoners of war should not be treated the same as a US civilian convicted of a crime.

Exactly, that’s why the President and Congress have an awesome decision to make when sending our forces into conflict. Sending our troops into a combat zone will always endanger the lives of our troops and non-combatants. It’s the politicians that must accept responsibility for what happens once our men and women have been deployed. The Idea that combat troops should be held to the same standard as police is ridiculous; police officers are trained to defuse conflict while the military is committed once the opportunity to defuse conflict has passed.

Forum List

Back