He lost 27 pounds on the "Twinkie Diet"

yes, sorry, I was being a smart ass.

He hasn't drawn any real conclusions it appears other than that calories are king. No matter what you ingest, the count is what, well counts. We have been trained to dislike certain foods etc. one day pizza is bad next its not, butter vs. margarine, and despite that we eat them anyway, as far as the additives etc. we add, well, as he says its not clear why his cholesterol etc. didn't take a hit, the contrary actually....so in the end it may be that simple, caloric intake(?).

That's it then!

I'm quiting my gym, no more working out, and living on everything I can get at a convenience store! (as long as there's no animal products in it of course!)

This is why he remained in relative good health:

He also took a multivitamin pill and drank a protein shake daily. And he ate vegetables, typically a can of green beans or three to four celery stalks.

The vitamin pill and the protein shake gave him what he was lacking in his diet. The veggies didn't hurt either.

This whole project really isn't even all that facinating. If the guy wasn't supplementing the twinkie diet, it might have been interesting.

It really is all about caloric intake. If you burn more than you take in, you lose weight. I don't know why people don't get it.

Probably because they do it for 2 weeks and see no results, and quit because they can't stand not eating whatever they want. You can eat whatever you want, you just have to use portion control. It takes discipline.

Of course, there are people who are just naturally fast metabolizers like myself and can eat however much of anything we want and be fine :D
I'm lacing your food with an enzyme that will change all that! :evil:

That's it then!

I'm quiting my gym, no more working out, and living on everything I can get at a convenience store! (as long as there's no animal products in it of course!)

He also took a multivitamin pill and drank a protein shake daily. And he ate vegetables, typically a can of green beans or three to four celery stalks.

The vitamin pill and the protein shake gave him what he was lacking in his diet. The veggies didn't hurt either.

This whole project really isn't even all that facinating. If the guy wasn't supplementing the twinkie diet, it might have been interesting.

It really is all about caloric intake. If you burn more than you take in, you lose weight. I don't know why people don't get it.

Probably because they do it for 2 weeks and see no results, and quit because they can't stand not eating whatever they want. You can eat whatever you want, you just have to use portion control. It takes discipline.

Of course, there are people who are just naturally fast metabolizers like myself and can eat however much of anything we want and be fine :D

Well I'm 30 now, and it's definitely not as easy as it used to be.

I still lose weight easier than I gain it, but I have to work harder in the gym to keep the abs looking good otherwise the little bit of weight I do gain will end up around my stomach.

I'm still cut like a mother fucking greek god though! :cool:

Well I'm 30 now, and it's definitely not as easy as it used to be.

I still lose weight easier than I gain it, but I have to work harder in the gym to keep the abs looking good otherwise the little bit of weight I do gain will end up around my stomach.

I'm still cut like a mother fucking greek god though! :cool:

View attachment 11983

;) :lol:

Like the article says, calories count more than the type of food you eat. Consume less than you burn and you'll lose weight. The diet industry over thinks the whole thing.

A little exercise wouldn't kill you either.

But people erroneously believe that they can exercise their way out of overeating, which is really hard.

It's much easier to consume too many calories in one day, than it is to burn the requisite amount off from that overeating to achieve weight loss.

It all about the math at times. He burned more calories then he took in. I don't think he could eat like this as a lifestyle though.

There is no way I could eat one Twinkie, let alone a Twinkie every three hours. Gag!

I can't say as I ever even had a Twinkie. I might have tasted one once but truly do not remember.

Good! You don't want to remember! Nasty artificial garbage is what it is!

I was watching that food network show, the one where the guy eats mass quantities of all kinds of food . . . crap, can't remember the name of it now. Anyway, he was eating three Twinkies that had been skewered and frozen then deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar and chocolate syrup. :eek: That guys is gonna puff waaaay up.

I can't say as I ever even had a Twinkie. I might have tasted one once but truly do not remember.

Good! You don't want to remember! Nasty artificial garbage is what it is!

I was watching that food network show, the one where the guy eats mass quantities of all kinds of food . . . crap, can't remember the name of it now. Anyway, he was eating three Twinkies that had been skewered and frozen then deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar and chocolate syrup. :eek: That guys is gonna puff waaaay up.
Not sure if it's the same, but I have seen a FNW show where one deep-fried Twinkies. Hell, if I want something sweet and decadently delicious, I'll bake it myself!

Forum List

Back