"He is not the McCain I endorsed"

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
GRAND RAPIDS -- He endorsed John McCain in the presidential primary, but now former Republican Gov. William Milliken is expressing doubts about his party's nominee.

"He is not the McCain I endorsed," said Milliken, reached at his Traverse City home Thursday. "He keeps saying, 'Who is Barack Obama?' I would ask the question, 'Who is John McCain?' because his campaign has become rather disappointing to me.
Former governor Milliken backs away from McCain - Grand Rapids News - The Grand Rapids Press Online - Michigan Newspaper - MLive.com

It's getting to be a big club.

Text size:
McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred

By Frank Schaeffer October 10, 2008 John McCain: If your campaign does not stop equating Sen. Barack Obama with terrorism, questioning his patriotism and portraying Mr. Obama as "not one of us," I accuse you of deliberately feeding the most unhinged elements of our society the red meat of hate, and therefore of potentially instigating violence.

At a Sarah Palin rally, someone called out, "Kill him!" At one of your rallies, someone called out, "Terrorist!" Neither was answered or denounced by you or your running mate, as the crowd laughed and cheered. At your campaign event Wednesday in Bethlehem, Pa., the crowd was seething with hatred for the Democratic nominee - an attitude encouraged in speeches there by you, your running mate, your wife and the local Republican chairman.

Shame!

John McCain: In 2000, as a lifelong Republican, I worked to get you elected instead of George W. Bush. In return, you wrote an endorsement of one of my books about military service. You seemed to be a man who put principle ahead of mere political gain.

You have changed. You have a choice: Go down in history as a decent senator and an honorable military man with many successes, or go down in history as the latest abettor of right-wing extremist hate.
McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred -- baltimoresun.com

It seems that the right is having a much more negative reaction to McCain's campaign tactics.

The left just sees it as more of the same ole bullshit.

It's not something that surprises most of us I'd say.

I think not only is McCain driving away independents, he's driving away all but those on the most outter fringe of his own party.

It seems that the right is having a much more negative reaction to McCain's campaign tactics.

The left just sees it as more of the same ole bullshit.

It's not something that surprises most of us I'd say.

I think not only is McCain driving away independents, he's driving away all but those on the most outter fringe of his own party.
I am totally happy that the right is having problems with McCain's campaign tactics. I didn't think anyone could be more negative than Bush and his cronies (insinuating over and over again that people that disagreed with them hated America) so it's encouraging to see them start to come to their senses.

I am totally happy that the right is having problems with McCain's campaign tactics. I didn't think anyone could be more negative than Bush and his cronies (insinuating over and over again that people that disagreed with them hated America) so it's encouraging to see them start to come to their senses.

Seems even the Republicans want Obama to win! They don't think McCain is conservative enough to represent their party. I mean are people really supposed to be so concerned about the Democrats and their spending??? :rofl:

Obama's Intrade contract is up to 78.5, seems like it adds a point everytime they bring up Ayers. Obvious attempt to move the discussion away from Mac's weakness on economic issues, and no one's buying, including the people betting on the outcome of this election.

of course no one is buying Swing. Why? because most people are smart enough to know that EVERY politician has less than savory people in their circle. McCain is no choir boy himself.

It looks completely ridiculous to bring up these claims when McCain has the history he has.

I consider myself to be right leaning, and John McCain turns my stomach.

I consider myself to be right leaning, and John McCain turns my stomach.

While I wouldn't go quite that far, suffice it to say John McCain wasn't my first choice (or my second). I think I echo the sentiments of many Republicans when I say I'm not so much voting for John McCain as I am voting against Barack Obama.

Which pretty well sums up my 2000 and 2004 vote as well.

Last edited:
While I wouldn't go quite that far, suffice it to say John McCain wasn't my first choice (or my second). I think I echo the sentiments of many Republicans when I say I'm not so much voting for John McCain as I am voting against Barack Obama.

Don't you find it to be a little sad that every election we don't have anything to be excited about? The liberals are pigs in shit, and here we are holding our noses. Conservatives have lost their balls. Vote for who you LIKE.

New Topics

Forum List

Back