He Does It Again: Obama Omits Creator From Declaration Of Independence For Third Time

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Why does the President have a problem with saying the word 'creator' when citing the Declaration of Independence? This is the third time for him to do it. He is refusing to acknoweledge GOD. This is very disturbing and it makes me feel more confident that he is a muslim. Sarah Palin would never omit 'creator' from the Declaration of Independence. Obama is the first president to do this sort of thing and it is very un-American.

Again? President censors 'Creator' reference 3rd time

Speech at fundraiser edits Declaration of Independence acknowledgement of God

Third time the charm?

Probably depends on your perspective. But the facts are that a statement published on the government's official White House website confirms that for the third time in a little over a month, President Obama has censored a reference in the Declaration of Independence to people being endowed "by their Creator" with rights.

He just says that people "are endowed."

Obama repeatedly has used the reference in his campaign efforts to boost Democrat interest in the 2010 midterm elections, at which most analysts are predicting a Republican landslide sweeping through Congress and statehouses.

The actual quote from the Declaration is:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

SNIP~

"Repeatedly now the president has simply said Americans are endowed with certain rights, but persistently refuses to acknowledge with the Founders that these rights are a gift from God," he wrote his constituents. "He stripped God from our founding document on September 15 when speaking to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. He did it again on September 23 at a fundraiser in New York City. And he did it a third time … in Rockville, Md., when speaking to Democratic Senate candidate donors.

"This can no longer by any stretch of the imagination be considered unintentional or accidental. President Obama is deliberately stripping our Christian heritage from us right before our very eyes," he continued.

Last edited:
It bugs him. So he doesn't say it.

It was important to Jefferson to point out that rights are inherent in the individual and are not the gift of government, or any particular official.

this kind of bowdlerizing does make you wondeer what is behind it.

He is supposed to be doing a direct quote. You loose something when you leave stuff out from the original quotation.

0bama has spent a lot more time in church than Jefferson ever did. If Jefferson thought this was an important point, given Jefferson's views on the matter, it is important for the discussion and shouldn't be left out without a discussion as to why.

0bama has spent a lot more time in church than Jefferson ever did. If Jefferson thought this was an important point, given Jefferson's views on the matter, it is important for the discussion and shouldn't be left out without a discussion as to why.

If Jefferson had had to contend with today's media, I am convinced he would have spent more time in church. For reasons I have yet to fathom, regular attendance at worship is important to the American voter.

My personal beliefs make such things unimportant to me, but I do find his refusal to accurately quote the Declaration of Independence a bit curious.

Except by his own words, after 20 years President Obama had not heard a single word spoken by his pastor. :D

I think President Obama is simply trying to preserve the Separation of Church and State. After all, we can't have the public messiah promoting one religion over another.

Immie

It was important to Jefferson to point out that rights are inherent in the individual and are not the gift of government, or any particular official.
DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!!!

In this case, the omission is particularly telling.

And people say Liberals are utopian??

Sheesh.
Huh??...Who said anything about Utopia?

Agnostic as I may be, the deist undercurrent of the founders is only ignored by those who wish for those all-too-conveniently placed ellipsis to be inferred differently from the given intent.

Were the speaker someone with an (R) by their name indulging in the same type of omission-by-design, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear such righteous, and justified, indignation from the likes of you.

When you use the term "Endowed," the question arises "by whom."

Unless you are talking Dolly Parton. Then it is "Baba Boom!"

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!!!

In this case, the omission is particularly telling.

And people say Liberals are utopian??

Sheesh.
Huh??...Who said anything about Utopia?

Agnostic as I may be, the deist undercurrent of the founders is only ignored by those who wish for those all-too-conveniently placed ellipsis to be inferred differently from the given intent.

Were the speaker someone with an (R) by their name indulging in the same type of omission-by-design, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear such righteous, and justified, indignation from the likes of you.

Whoosh..over the head.

Anyhoo..feel free to take a trip to say..North Korea..and begin bellyaching about your rights..

He is doing this on purpose to get a rise out of people. And to distract them from what else he might be up to. Keep people looking at the left hand while the right hand does something.

Keep an eye on what's going on.

No the word creator was only added to the declaration because the source of those creator granted rights was the same as the "Divine right of Kings" that the monarchs had all relied upon for their authority: GAWD.

The use of the word in the declaration was merely intended to add legitimacy to it's content, not a statement of the author's deism.

No the word creator was only added to the declaration because the source of those creator granted rights was the same as the "Divine right of Kings" that the monarchs had all relied upon for their authority: GAWD.

The use of the word in the declaration was merely intended to add legitimacy to it's content, not a statement of the author's deism.

^^^^ That is true. It was the founders way of reminding future Governments that they cannot take those rights away, because they didn't grant them in the first place.

I know some will see it as trivial but... it really isn't. Once we allow the removal of 'their Creator' from the document, then sooner or later, the Government can take those rights away.

Know this: Over our cold, dead bodies, Mr President. (And that's not for Obama, it is for any President - now or in the future)

certain things should be above politics, I think it's stupid of him to blatently piss off our hero's who fought for it.

I know some will see it as trivial but... it really isn't. Once we allow the removal of 'their Creator' from the document, then sooner or later, the Government can take those rights away.

And if Peter Pan forgets his happy thought he'll fall right out of the sky.

Structures protect rights, not words. And the Constitution was written very purposefully to put in place structural safeguards against that (including implementing some of the principles of Montesquieu). And more than one of those safeguards relies heavily on periodic popular elections to keep it honest. If those safeguards fail, it's because you have either a defective electorate or some fatal flaw exists in the structural framework erected by the Constitution. It's not because we forgot God is watching. Even atheists--or anyone else whose personal political philosophy doesn't derive from scripture--are allowed to stand for office in this country.

Forum List

Back