"He didn't say what he meant."

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
For the one or two people who think Obama didn't say what he said.

Constitutional law scholar Laurence Tribe, a Harvard Law School professor and former mentor to President Barack Obama, said the president “obviously misspoke” earlier this week when he made comments about the Supreme Court possibly overturning the health-care law.
Mr. Tribe, who calls the president was one of his best students, said in an interview: “He didn’t say what he meant…and having said that, in order to avoid misleading anyone, he had to clarify it.”
Mr. Tribe said he saw no reason for the president to express his views on the matter, because everyone already knows he wants the case upheld.
“I don’t think anything was gained by his making these comments and I don’t think any harm was done,” Mr. Tribe said, “except by public confusion.”

Laurence Tribe: Obama Misspoke on Supreme Court - Washington Wire - WSJ

What we got:

The president addressed his comments Tuesday. “The point I was making,” Mr. Obama said at a luncheon with reporters and editors, “is that the Supreme Court is the final say on our Constitution and our laws, and all of us have to respect it, but it’s precisely because of that extraordinary power that the Court has traditionally exercised significant restraint and deference to our duly elected legislature, our Congress.” ~ above article

What we should have gotten:

I'm sorry, I was upset about Obamacare's future in the hands of the Supreme Court, but will honor whatever their decision is.

What we got:

The president addressed his comments Tuesday. “The point I was making,” Mr. Obama said at a luncheon with reporters and editors, “is that the Supreme Court is the final say on our Constitution and our laws, and all of us have to respect it, but it’s precisely because of that extraordinary power that the Court has traditionally exercised significant restraint and deference to our duly elected legislature, our Congress.” ~ above article

I'm sorry, I was upset about Obamacare's future in the hands of the Supreme Court, but will honor whatever their decision is.

Exactly.

I think "conservatives" are pissed because Obama had a human moment.

What we got:

Exactly.

If you consider a crazed omnipotent moment combined with a misrepresentation of our Constutional government, then yes you are correct.

It's quite possible he did misspeak. He does it quite often. Im more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Though I still think he's completely wrong if he thinks it's unprecedented.

What we got:

Exactly.

If you consider a crazed omnipotent moment combined with a misrepresentation of our Constutional government, then yes you are correct.

I don't see how mis-using the word "unprecedented" resulted in all that you claim.

It's not like the Supremes didn't make a bad ruling ever.

Not that ANY OF US really know the outcome...but will find out.

Does Obama know from the inside what's going on? Since he has tweo supporters IN the court...could Obama be letting the cat out of the bag?

someone asked that today on the not to be named NEWS channel,, is someone on the inside leaking stuff to the wh? wouldn't surprise me one tiny bit.

It's not like the Supremes didn't make a bad ruling ever.

Not that ANY OF US really know the outcome...but will find out.

Does Obama know from the inside what's going on? Since he has tweo supporters IN the court...could Obama be letting the cat out of the bag?

someone asked that today on the not to be named NEWS channel,, is someone on the inside leaking stuff to the wh? wouldn't surprise me one tiny bit.

So Obama threatens them...and it's precisely what he did.

What we got:

Exactly.

Not at all. It's refreshing although unintentional and rare when the Big 0 ever tells a truth.

His entire political career and plan is a deception and lie. The first post partisan, post race unifier President turns out to be the worst leader and best divider of all groups and race baiter ever to win an office in this country.

It's an embarrassment to the country that he got elected and that the state sponsored media is giving him a pass in running up the biggest debt in the history of the Republic. His naiveté or at least what I hope is naiveté, in in foreign relations is painful to watch.

His promise to sell us out after he's elected is truly terrifying.

NBC is actively creating the news it prefers to broadcast. CBS went down that sewer years ago. ABC has been in the tank for years, but does not actually create its own news, it just slants the news that's there.

The enemies list, the unveiled attacks on those who don't support him strongly and the active attacks on those who are opposed by his supporters are things of a tyrrancil regime, not a US government.

This is very scary folks. Very scary.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back