He did it all alone

As it turns out not so much and under close observation turns a bit sleazy. Another signature accomplishment going down the drain.

Just remember he was for lobbyists and pork barrel spending before he was against them) ( or was it the other way around? So hard to keep them straight)

Mitt Romney Registered As Lobbyist For Salt Lake City Olympics

If he did all alone, Romney should be held liable for EVERYTHING Bain did, good and bad.

I thought Flaylo was the official HuffPo representative to USMB?

"Romney wasn't just the head of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee. Romney was also a registered lobbyist for the organization, Utah state records show."

Oh noes!

"Romney wasn't just the head of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee. Romney was also a registered lobbyist for the organization, Utah state records show."

Lobbying yourself? Is there anything about this guy that isn't fishy? :eusa_eh:

Oh noes!

Nothing illegal mind you, just the typical Mitt Romney sleaze and double standards.

He is a very difficult person to believe and as such becomes untrustworthy.

Absolutely!

That he told his publisher that he was born in Kenya

Oh noes!

Nothing illegal mind you, just the typical Mitt Romney sleaze and double standards.

Obama: "Romney is a felon!!" CNN, WaPost, NYTimes: "Obama is a liar!"

Forgive me here, but records show that Mitt Romeny seems to be a pretty good businessman at the very least based on his own personal wealth. Anyone who knows anything about Olympics in general would know that investing in an Olympic games as a means to enrich oneself would be a very bad bet, so perhaps in this case the man was doing the right thing here for his nation. I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the Olympics and applaud him for taking over a games that were a disaster and turned out to be very good. As for being a lobbyist, it makes perfect sense that someone would lobby for the Olympics if it were their job to promote them, as the man in charge would it not make sense to promote your endevour on every level you can to make it a success ? It does to me.

As it turns out not so much and under close observation turns a bit sleazy. Another signature accomplishment going down the drain.

Just remember he was for lobbyists and pork barrel spending before he was against them) ( or was it the other way around? So hard to keep them straight)

If he did all alone, Romney should be held liable for EVERYTHING Bain did, good and bad.
pfft

you want the bad and only the bad brought to light.

oh the horror of lobbying for the Olympics, it's a nightmare I tell you!!

I am waiting for his Mormon harem to show up.

Link us to his harem, okay? Your beginning to sound more and more like the MSNBC news organization with their "facts".

pfft

you want the bad and only the bad brought to light.

oh the horror of lobbying for the Olympics, it's a nightmare I tell you!!

It is not horrible. It just shows that Romney has a host of double standards and is a bit loose with the truth. It is a difficult case to make that you are appalled at the lobbying in Washington when you, yourself have been a registered lobbyist. It is hard to rail against federal aid and pork when he spent a great deal of time securing such aid and pork for his special projects.

Just another thing he was for before he was against. The list is now approaching 20.

Sleazy.

Forgive me here, but records show that Mitt Romeny seems to be a pretty good businessman at the very least based on his own personal wealth. Anyone who knows anything about Olympics in general would know that investing in an Olympic games as a means to enrich oneself would be a very bad bet, so perhaps in this case the man was doing the right thing here for his nation. I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the Olympics and applaud him for taking over a games that were a disaster and turned out to be very good. As for being a lobbyist, it makes perfect sense that someone would lobby for the Olympics if it were their job to promote them, as the man in charge would it not make sense to promote your endevour on every level you can to make it a success ? It does to me.

When someone inherits the kind of money his daddy left him it is difficult not to succeed. After you have the first million the second comes easy, unless you are a fool.

To think of Romney "making it on his own" is laughable. We will never know if he could or couldn't. He never had to try.

When someone inherits the kind of money his daddy left him it is difficult not to succeed. After you have the first million the second comes easy, unless you are a fool.

To think of Romney "making it on his own" is laughable. We will never know if he could or couldn't. He never had to try.

I don't think anywhere in my post I made the case where Mitt Romney " made it on his own", however I did indicate that he was a success in business and if wealth is a measure of success in business and in this nation it generally is, then by that measure he is, regardless of how he got his start. Just a thought here, the very notion that that Romney got his start by his father would preclude that he "made it on his own" would it not ?

If you had bothered to vet your premise, you would have came up with something like this:

Mitt Romney Donates Entire Inheritance to BYU College Scholarship Funds

When Mitt Romney’s father passed away in 1995, he left an inheritance to Mitt totaling $1 million. Romney turned around and donated that inheritance money to Brigham Young University for the George W. Romney School of Public Management. This is an institute of public management that helps young people learn about government and about serving in public service.

The money goes to economically disadvantaged students wishing to purse a higher education in the field of public management and government.

But Romney’s charitable giving’s did not begin nor stop with his giving away of his entire inheritance he received in 1995
Mitt Romney Donates Entire Inheritance to BYU College Scholarship Funds | Specfriggintacular's Blog

I know, Liberals just can't believe that a republican could possibly be so charitable, huh? I'm mean, you people look at Biden for the litmus test with charitable. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, and Your beginning to sound more and more like the MSNBC news organization with their "facts".

If you had bothered to vet your premise, you would have came up with something like this:

Mitt Romney Donates Entire Inheritance to BYU College Scholarship Funds

When Mitt Romney’s father passed away in 1995, he left an inheritance to Mitt totaling $1 million. Romney turned around and donated that inheritance money to Brigham Young University for the George W. Romney School of Public Management. This is an institute of public management that helps young people learn about government and about serving in public service.

The money goes to economically disadvantaged students wishing to purse a higher education in the field of public management and government.

But Romney’s charitable giving’s did not begin nor stop with his giving away of his entire inheritance he received in 1995
Mitt Romney Donates Entire Inheritance to BYU College Scholarship Funds | Specfriggintacular's Blog

I know, Liberals just can't believe that a republican could possibly be so charitable, huh? I'm mean, you people look at Biden for the litmus test with charitable. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, and Your beginning to sound more and more like the MSNBC news organization with their "facts".

You really believe that story? Good old Mitt's entire inheritance in the form of a million dollar check? Nothing else. No trust funds, no property just a million buck check that Mitt hands over to the Mormons?

I got some bottom land in Forida you just might like.

Oh noes!

Obama: "Romney is a felon!!" CNN, WaPost, NYTimes: "Obama is a liar!"

Frank, must you stoop so low to post obvious false quotes?!?!

Forum List

Back