HD converter tool. which is best?

Increasing the resolution afterwards will not improve the quality of the video.
However, every converter should be able to do that.

a converter wont work?
Lets assume this is a red pixel of your video that is so large that it occupies four pixels on your monitor:

pixel.jpg

Now, lets quadruplicate the pixel and watch the result:

pixel.jpg

And when you increase the resolution of the pixel by even 10000 % it will still look the same.

However, if you increase the resolution to the native resolution of your flat-screen, you will have a slightly better image quality while in full screen mode.

the reason i asked is because whenever i watch a low quality video on youtube a pop up appears saying to download this HD converter tool. i dont click on it.

the reason i asked is because whenever i watch a low quality video on youtube a pop up appears saying to download this HD converter tool. i dont click on it.

That fact that you even see that pop-up is loud and clear that you have malware infecting your computer. Without it, you would not see the popup in the first place.
With all of the ways there are to watch YouTube directly on a TV - why would anyone want to convert the file to another format...to watch it on TV. Yeah, makes no sense.
And just to be sure you are clear on this...no matter what some flybynight program you see on the internet - it is 100% impossible to convert a non HD, that is a low resolution video, to a HD, high resolution, video.
When you see old films on TV, documentaries etc., that are "converted" to HD...they have the original high quality film. Before it was dumbed down to fit the square, low resolution TV's in the past. They didn't convert anything.

I recently downloaded a Youtube video using downvids.net and a popup that wasn´t blocked by Adblock showed up that hailed some ominous "HD video Player".
Alone the name of that tool is enough to damask the suspicious nature of the tool. Players and converters don´t care for explicit resolutions, they just do what they are told to do.

I recently downloaded a Youtube video using downvids.net and a popup that wasn´t blocked by Adblock showed up that hailed some ominous "HD video Player".
Alone the name of that tool is enough to damask the suspicious nature of the tool. Players and converters don´t care for explicit resolutions, they just do what they are told to do.

Why not just capture the video via wireshark?
For a good computer geek it is very easy.

Why not just capture the video via wireshark?
For a good computer geek it is very easy.
downvids requires no tool to download videos.

Odd...why is there a downvids.net and a downvids.com?
Look to be the same thing, but that is usually the case with spoofers.

The sites just let you download videos from Youtube and co. I did not try downvids.com yet, but I am sure everything is fine with that page. The contents of ads is another thing. Internet ads are very often suspicious but most of this shit is blocked by Adblock on my computer.

Forum List

Back