HBO series cancelled-3 horses dead

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Was it just bad luck that 3 horses were killed during the 8 taped episodes of the race track series "Luck"? Did they get to post the animal rights disclaimer "no animals were injured in the making of this movie"? Funny there were no protests from the radical animal rights people. Maybe HBO has deep pockets if you know what I mean.

I blame Obama! :dunno:

I'm sure you think you are being factious but you can probably count on HBO's left leaning history for the lack of anger on the left leaning animal rights groups. One dead horse might be an accident but when you get three horses killed there is probably some underlying negligence involved. Maher joked about 9-11 for God's sake but so far neitherMaher nor Letterman have made any crude jokes about it. I guess some things deserve respect.

No protests? The show got shut down by the AHA and PETA.
The American Humane Association, which oversees animal welfare on Hollywood productions, said that in light of the three deaths “this is arguably the best decision HBO could have made.”
The group said it will work with HBO to ensure that horses used on “Luck” are “retired properly.”

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which had been sharply critical of the production, welcomed the cancellation and offered advice to HBO and the producers if they decide to resume it.

And your attempt to connect HBO to Obama is laughable.

Additionally, one other horse was injured and had to be taken to a veterinary hospital...

...where he's currently listed in stable condition.

I blame Obama! :dunno:

I'm sure you think you are being factious but you can probably count on HBO's left leaning history for the lack of anger on the left leaning animal rights groups. One dead horse might be an accident but when you get three horses killed there is probably some underlying negligence involved. Maher joked about 9-11 for God's sake but so far neitherMaher nor Letterman have made any crude jokes about it. I guess some things deserve respect.

Why do you think there was negligence? You realize thousands of horses die at race tracks every year, right?

Forum List

Back