HBO John Adams Series

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
I noticed they were playing the John Adams series today on HBO. It's excellent and you can catch it on demand. I'm not sure how long they'll keep it there but at least through the weekend..

excellent series..thx;)

They usually play it every year on the 4th. I think there are about 7 episodes. The one I hated was when his daughter got ovarian cancer or she needed some kind of surgery and they didn't have anesthesia back then. You don't think about that kind of thing.

It was a hard life for them.

That was some of Paul Giamatti's best work.

I've watched it more than once. I've read the book too by David McCullough.

My sis lives in Boston and one year we visited his house. The tour was so interesting I became a John Adams fan.

That was some of Paul Giamatti's best work.

I've watched it more than once. I've read the book too by David McCullough.

My sis lives in Boston and one year we visited his house. The tour was so interesting I became a John Adams fan.

That would be cool...

It was. I mean it was beautifully maintained and the furniture was so gorgeous. The beds were really short because they were so short.

They had luggage that was enormous though, the Adams' had to travel and they had huge trunks for all of their big clothes. They had these face guards that sat in front of the fireplace for the women because their makeup had wax in it and their faces would melt. :D

It's interesting reading about them even aside from their political history. How they lived, the love story between him and Abigail. Lots of letters between them.

The good news - I just discovered this series. Watched the first episode and I very much like it.

The bad news- wife subscribed to Amazon Prime and I'd rather she use the money to pay the fucking water bill.

The good news - I just discovered this series. Watched the first episode and I very much like it.

The bad news- wife subscribed to Amazon Prime and I'd rather she use the money to pay the fucking water bill.
Its not enough for that bill anyway. I just know she thinks like me. :)

Forum List

Back