Hawks-Rams

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I watched the third preseason game Rams/Colts on my NFL Game Pass.

There had been some concern that the Rams had this incredible D-Line. There was no evidence of such a threat IMHO as I am considering the chances of a Hawks win in their opener in St Louis. Foles isn't the answer to the Rams Offense either. He is prone to forcing the ball into tight coverage. The Colts have a weak defensive secondary also. They were exposed in this no counter. Luck has leveled off as the supposed great QB everyone was assured of. He is not. Even against the hapless Rams deep defenders he rarely connected on anything deeper than 5 yards downfield.
My personal concerns about playing the Ram have been aleviated. The only way St Louis will prevail will be if Wilson gets sloppy or cocky. Our Defense is far superior to the Ram's.

Their D Line plays tough against us though. Question is can our O Line pick that up. If they still have Long and another guy whose name is slipping my mind then it could be a long day for Wilson if that O Line doesn't gel

Their D Line plays tough against us though. Question is can our O Line pick that up. If they still have Long and another guy whose name is slipping my mind then it could be a long day for Wilson if that O Line doesn't gel

I (and the refs) watched Long closely in the Rams/Colts game. He is undisciplined as I saw him with his hands up in O-Linemen face masks several times. He wasn't that much of a force and he cost the team in Colt drive sustaining penalties. Long has also been injury prone in almost every season he has played. The Colts don't even have that great of an O-LIne this season yet Luck was rarely contacted or even pressured. The Rams D-Secondary was frequently out of position and their tackling was horrible.

With Tyler Lockett stretching the field and Graham getting double teamed Lynch should have less to worry about finding holes in the run. THAT is the one thing that the Rams did fairly well in PSG #3 was to bottle up the run.

Speaking of Jimmy Graham I do have some concern that his ability to draw special extra coverage will be only if Wilson connects with him early and often. This means that Russell's typical poor start has to be replaced with a brisk sharp jump out of the gate so Graham's effectiveness will provide all the benefits from the 1st qtr on. It seems that Wilson always waits until the second half to bring his A game. This season he HAS to show up with his A game or even his B game. The multiple first half ints thing will not do. Maybe Ciara should tell Russell he won't get no pussy if he gets any 1st half ints. NOPE! He don't get the Puss anyway so that won't work.

Im going to be going to this game this weekend.This will be the first time I have ever been to an NFL "FOOTBALL" game in st louis.

Been to a baseball game before to see the Cardinals but thats it.Wont see a cardinals game again after the idiots tore down their classic ballpark.

This will be the last season where the Seahawks have NINE home games scheduled for the season.same as the other NFC west teams:biggrin:

The few fans that show up to this game the majority will be Seahawk fans,that I guarantee. every game there in st louis is ALWAYS a home game for the opposing team.:biggrin: In both preseason home games they have had this year,the place has been a ghost town practically.lol

Jim Thomas of the st louis post wrote in his paper that the Rams attendance of actual PAID attendance at the gates in both games was estimated at just 20,000 to 25,000.:lmao:

You cant chalk it up as poor play over the last decade as an excuse either because the Raiders have been just as terrible the last decade yet they have packed them in for both their preseason home games in Oakland and they have stadium issues as well.lol

ANY town can claim to be a great football town when the football is great.

Oakland and San Diego haven't been all that good lately either, and are also threatening moves, but those cities' fans are coming out.

Here are come pics that show just how much of a ghost town that place is below and they are not fake either.lol

Is it just me here,or do I see empty seats everywhere in the FRONT row here in these links below?:lmao:

Jamie Hodges - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams - FordEver Frank Jr. | Facebook

Eric Bullard - Photos of Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams | Facebook

Talking about the game itself,this game would NORMALLY be a tough game for the seahawks because the Rams always play them tough down there and I thought for sure last year was going to be a breeze for them when Bradford was out for the whole year and they played against a backup yet amazingly lost that game.they were not focused in that game at that time last year is why they lost and a miracle upset occured.

I dont see this time there being a major shock like last year though with a major upset again because this is the season opener for them so the Seahawks will be fired up and focused this time around.

Plus the Rams have a new quarterback they have never played with before so that will be a major adjustment for both them and Foles.Not a good recipe for success against the best defense in the NFL.lol

Last edited:

I hate it when someone says "they always play us tough". Poppycock! We had that team on the ropes last season in their sucky dome.

They beat us on TWO trick plays. Ya we should have sniffed them out and REALLY beat the crap outta them. If we had it would have been a blow out.

We are a MUCH better team than the Rams. No tricks will save their stank asses on Sunday.

I'll take the Rams by 3. 24 - 21. The Hawks lost too much, and Kam Chancellor will be out for a whole it seems.

Chancellor was injured thruout the playoffs and barely played at all...he played but at about 50% of his normal effort.. in the Super Bowl. In fact our defensive secondary was all a bunch of cripples in the Super Bowl. Now our secondary is healthy and rested with Sherman and Thomas in tippy top shape. It's not like nobody will take Chancellors place. we won't be just fielding 10 guys on defense.

Also Chancellors position is probably the least most important in the secondary. As The Enforcer he brought a certain attitude (when healthy) that punctuated some plays and made opposing receivers more wary of running crossing routes. BUT the Rams don't have a Jullian Endelman. They don't have a Gronkowski.

If Sherman can lock down his half of the field and Thomas is flying around as usual all the Hawks have to do is load up toward the opposite side to give those guys some help. And we will be fine.

they do indeed play them tough down there.the hawks barely beat them the year before there when the Rams were playing with a backup QB.

The Seattle Shitbirds will prolly do what they did in their last game....anyone remember how that one ended?

vKcpUtR.gif

It must have been excruciating for Seattle fans- losing the Super Bowl REPEAT because of one bad decision>>>> OMFG!!!

:rofl:

But that was last year- it's time to move on!! The Seahawks are coming back a better team than last season. Adding Jimmy Graham should open the offense up and rookie sensation Tyler Lockett could be a real boost to their special teams and receiving. Fred Jackson as a backup to Skittles ain't a bad move either. Did I mention Jimmy Fucking Graham?? This is a very good team.

I think they'll easily beat the Rams 99-0

:thup:

The Seattle Shitbirds will prolly do what they did in their last game....anyone remember how that one ended?

vKcpUtR.gif

It must have been excruciating for Seattle fans- losing the Super Bowl REPEAT because of one bad decision>>>> OMFG!!!

But that was last year- it's time to move on!! The Seahawks are coming back a better team than last season. Adding Jimmy Graham should open the offense up and rookie sensation Tyler Lockett could be a real boost to their special teams and receiving. Fred Jackson as a backup to Skittles ain't a bad move either. Did I mention Jimmy Fucking Graham?? This is a very good team.

Hey how is your mancrush you have on Tom Brady coming along? I know you were drooling over him last night.:biggrin::lmao:

I'll take the Rams by 3. 24 - 21. The Hawks lost too much, and Kam Chancellor will be out for a whole it seems.
your funny.almost as funny as the cheatriot apologists who cant face facts that they admire cheaters and liars.lol
I hought the Rams were going to be in LA this year :badgrin:

I was off on that by one year.see unlike many arrogant posters around here whom i wont name,"I" am capable of admitting it when I am wrong.

Kroneke is waiting one more year to make the move.I never in my wildest imaginations figured it wouldnt be this year because i never imagined the NFL would want to suffer through a lame duck season which is what they are going to get with all those empty seats in that ghost town stadium.nobody has shown up for any of their pre season games there getting just around 35,00 seats distrubuted with the actual shows being only around 18,000 to 22,000 by some estimates.

word around town in the NFL is kroneke put off the move for one more year to allow davis and spanos to get something done in their cities in san diego and in oakland so if he moved this year,then they would have lost leverage to get something done.

but its a done deal for next year.for the first time ever,he spoke out at the owners meeting in chicago this past august wwhich was there to just discuss relocation to LA and he spoke with PASSION for an hour saying st louis does not work for him as an NFL city.thats why ticket sales have dropped by 20% this year,they all know their as good as gone after this season.

you can get tickets as cheap as five bucks oout there for the seahawk game.thats unheard of.:biggrin:

they also got bulldozers in inglewood ready to go for construction this december with the stadium set to be ready in two years and all the owners lover the inglewood project so sounds like a done deal.agreed?:biggrin:

your funny.almost as funny as the cheatriot apologists who cant face facts that they admire cheaters and liars.lol
I hought the Rams were going to be in LA this year :badgrin:

I was off on that by one year.see unlike many arrogant posters around here whom i wont name,"I" am capable of admitting it when I am wrong.

Kroneke is waiting one more year to make the move.I never in my wildest imaginations figured it wouldnt be this year because i never imagined the NFL would want to suffer through a lame duck season which is what they are going to get with all those empty seats in that ghost town stadium.nobody has shown up for any of their pre season games there getting just around 35,00 seats distrubuted with the actual shows being only around 18,000 to 22,000 by some estimates.

word around town in the NFL is kroneke put off the move for one more year to allow davis and spanos to get something done in their cities in san diego and in oakland so if he moved this year,then they would have lost leverage to get something done.

but its a done deal for next year.for the first time ever,he spoke out at the owners meeting in chicago this past august wwhich was there to just discuss relocation to LA and he spoke with PASSION for an hour saying st louis does not work for him as an NFL city.thats why ticket sales have dropped by 20% this year,they all know their as good as gone after this season.

you can get tickets as cheap as five bucks oout there for the seahawk game.thats unheard of.:biggrin:

they also got bulldozers in inglewood ready to go for construction this december with the stadium set to be ready in two years and all the owners lover the inglewood project so sounds like a done deal.agreed?:biggrin:
When the Rams steamroll the Seahawks, Will you admit you were wrong again? :badgrin:

vKcpUtR.gif

Hey how is your mancrush you have on Tom Brady coming along? I know you were drooling over him last night.:biggrin::lmao:

Weren't we all?

Seattle should win this game. Yes, the Rams have a good defensive line but their offense is garbage. You can't compete in this pass heavy era if you can't score. The defense will be too exhausted from being on the field so much.
The Colts secondary is WAAAY better than their run defense. But shitty defense is the Indy way. And you can't judge them by preseason performance either. They always play poorly in the preseason for whatever reason. Last year they lost every game. Andrew Luck hasn't won more than 2 games in a preseason since he was drafted. The year Manning won the Superbowl they only had 1 preseason victory. In fact the last time they had a positive record at the start of the regular season was 2003.

vKcpUtR.gif

Brady is a great quarterback and he played a terrific game with no mistakes against a very good Pittsburgh defensive squad.

But the stud of the evening was GRONK!!!!!!!! He's a friggin beast! 3 TD's to start the season. He's in a class of his own.

vKcpUtR.gif

Brady is a great quarterback and he played a terrific game with no mistakes against a very good Pittsburgh defensive squad.

But the stud of the evening was GRONK!!!!!!!! He's a friggin beast! 3 TD's to start the season. He's in a class of his own.

it helped that the NFL rigged it for them as they do so many of their other games by not only having the refs call a couple of critical holding calls on the steelers on third and long where the replays clearly showed there was no holding on their part whatsoever but that as always at that stadium,the equipment for the steelers malfuntioned for them which is a normal routine there for visiting teams NEVER happening to the patriots but its all just mere coincidence for you though of course .:rolleyes:

here is what it says in my local sports paper today-the NFL said that the patriots had nothing to do with the audio interference that rendered the steelers coaching headsets useless during the first quarter.

sure they didnt,and Im the king of England.:rolleyes:

because the NFL says that to be true,it must be true.It also must be true that because bill clinton says he never had sex with that woman,he never did.:D:lmao:

as always,the NFL has their head up Robert Krafts ass.

LA should never allow you to ever come to a Rams game in LA next year because you just wanted ANY team not caring if the Rams stayed,but also because how you worship the cheatriots and are a fan of cheaters and liars.:D

New Topics

Forum List

Back