Hawking Disses Creationism

i'm sure some religious people find being called ignorant somewhat offputting.

most people do not understand the English language.

what does the word 'ignorant' mean? what do I imply?

anyone put off is defensive and ignorant. :lol:

myths and ignorance of believers. did I say all believers are ignorant? "challenge the myths and ignorance of believers?"

i'd say that possessing ignorance would make one ignorant. while being called ignorant is not necessarily a pejorative, i think a lot of people would take it that way.
so it's an inference rather than an implication that i'm positing.

not that it matters.

Oh your very Kerryesque appeal to nuance and context matters. :lol:

Stephen Hawking even with his amazing way of thinking, has been known to actually be wrong.

For Example, the Black Hole War. ( Susskind?Hawking battle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

While I think differently than most Christians when it comes to how we're here and how this earth was made doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

Hawkings unlike religionists is open to new data that challenge and change the game.

Of course to believe this "doesn't mean God doesn't exist." one would have to throw out the Bible and almost all Christian tradition, tenets and dogma. :lol:

Actually no you don't.

Sure, maybe if you're a Protestant nut job like the Westboro Church believing everything the Bible is true and happened then yes maybe.

But for me and most of the Catholic Church, (not the Hierarchy the people) believe both Science and Religion make perfect sense and in a way makes people believe in a god.

(not above is my own opinion, whoever Is a Catholic and doesn't agree with that well you have my apologies, I just go by what most Catholics have told me and what they believe in,)

The Bible says God created the universe/world/earth/whatever. God the creator is a father who sent a son who died. The son was born of immaculate conception Mary. There is a holy ghost running around.

If God created the universe than Hawkings and science is wrong.

Hawkings and his coauthor do not make fun of religion -- I do, and they do not say what anyone could or should believe. They merely lay out the science and the theories backed up by science.

The Bible demands suspension of reality for beliefs.

I love mythology and symbolism. I was at a religious feats yesterday. I was in an Orthodox Church for the first time in ages. I love the religious stuff as a belief, not a reality.

Last edited:
Actually you would be correct if you're talking about the Fundamentalists.

But I'm not.

Most of those stories are more of a Moral Understanding and a way of explaining in a more simpler way what happened. You know?

It's dangerous to take the Bible word for word..

But I'm not.

Most of those stories are more of a Moral Understanding and a way of explaining in a more simpler way what happened. You know?

Catholics and Orthodox Christians have a creed. They are required to believe some things that are at odds with science.

But I'm not.

and, Orthodox Christians and Roman Catholics are at odds over a ghost/spirit/invisible supernatural being that is part of a trinity. :eek:

In the late sixth century, the Latin-speaking churches of Western Europe added the words "and the Son" (Filioque) to the description of the procession of the Holy Spirit, in what Easterners have argued is a violation of Canon VII of the Third Ecumenical Council, since the words were not included in the text by either the Council of Nicaea or that of Constantinople.[17] - Nicene Creed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stephen Hawking even with his amazing way of thinking, has been known to actually be wrong.

For Example, the Black Hole War. ( Susskind?Hawking battle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

While I think differently than most Christians when it comes to how we're here and how this earth was made doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

Stephen Hawking even with his amazing way of thinking, has been known to actually be wrong. :
Therein lies the difference between science and faith. Science tests it's theories and tries to disprove axioms as well as provide evidence of their correctness.

Stephen Hawking even with his amazing way of thinking, has been known to actually be wrong. :
Therein lies the difference between science and faith. Science tests it's theories and tries to disprove axioms as well as provide evidence of their correctness.

:clap2:

You know......it's not so much that Hawking denied the existence of God, what Hawking said was that a Creator wasn't necessary for the Big Bang, because the laws of physics dictate that it would have happened anyway.

But, a quick question for Hawking, who does he think set the laws in motion in the first place?

You know......it's not so much that Hawking denied the existence of God, what Hawking said was that a Creator wasn't necessary for the Big Bang, because the laws of physics dictate that it would have happened anyway.

But, a quick question for Hawking, who does he think set the laws in motion in the first place?

"a Creator wasn't necessary for the Big Bang"

any fair interpretation of the Bible would disagree.

"who does he think set the laws in motion"??? :lol:

It's not about motion anymore. Who? What? :lol::lol::lol:

Hawking book explains creation of universe minus God - USATODAY.com

By Dan Vergano, USA TODAY
Why stop with just arguing about God?

Describing the creator as "not necessary" in his latest book is just another day at the office for that whimsical scamp Stephen Hawking, better known as "one of the foremost theoretical physicists of this century" in the words of the Oxford Dictionary of Scientists.

In his latest book, The Grand Design, out Sept. 7, Hawking and his co-author, Caltech physicist Leonard Mlodinow, also lay down their views on intelligent design (bad), string theory (good) and philosophy ("dead").

I saw Hawkings' coauthor on television and he said they take no position on what or whether people ought to believe in religion or a god.

So why are religious people so often hostile to facts and theories that do not challenge their rights to view things, but do challenge the myths and ignorance of believers?

If there is a "god" then i am sure he could care less about anything Hawking may say. If anyone is threatened by Hawking, it is by those who are affronted by Hawkings assertions.

Personally i love the mans brain!

Describing the creator as "not necessary" in his latest book is just another day at the office for that whimsical scamp Stephen Hawking, better known as "one of the foremost theoretical physicists of this century" in the words of the Oxford Dictionary of Scientists.

In his latest book, The Grand Design, out Sept. 7, Hawking and his co-author, Caltech physicist Leonard Mlodinow, also lay down their views on intelligent design (bad), string theory (good) and philosophy ("dead").

I saw Hawkings' coauthor on television and he said they take no position on what or whether people ought to believe in religion or a god.

So why are religious people so often hostile to facts and theories that do not challenge their rights to view things, but do challenge the myths and ignorance of believers?

If there is a "god" then i am sure he could care less about anything Hawking may say. If anyone is threatened by Hawking, it is by those who are affronted by Hawkings assertions.

So you believe the bible that god is a he?

So you believe the bible that god is a he?

I don't believe in either. He, she, it, take your pick.

But "god" of the bible displays more male characteristics then that of a woman. That could be because it was written by men who wanted to order a world of male domination. :lol:

God is likely to take legal action.

Defamation, Libel and Slander
Generally speaking:

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm.

Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation.

Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a fixed or medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

The typical elements of a cause of action for defamation are:

A false and defamatory statement concerning another;
The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party;
If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
Damage to the plaintiff.

Defamation of Character

"Damage to the plaintiff"? Um, has the plaintiff been deposed?

Clearly your honor, the plaintiff in this matter, GOD, created the defendant, and provided Mr. Hawkings with a brain. A most powerful brain indeed, and so, your honor, to suggest that GOD erred in making Mr. Hawkings brain, a brain able to conceive of the universe devoid of The Almighty, is absurd; or, your honor if GOD does not exist, the matter is moot.
Furthermore, your honor, Suggesting GOD, who if HE does exist is not omnipotent is in the eys and mind of true believers heresy. Worse! Indeed worse your honor as she who hopes to earn standing in this matter presumes to know HIS will.
It is clear the matter is moot, your honor, without either prove of HIS existence or a depositon of HIS interest in the matter, and your honor, notwithstanding the arrogance of the girl who alleges to be from California, we move dismisal and that Miss CG pay court costs and attorney fees.
Thank you, your honor.

Behold the Bible your honor.

read the thread. it's only a few posts long

I have. Nothing in this thread proves your assertion. Looks like you can't explain yourself.

If God created the universe then Hawkings and science are wrong.

jesus, what an error in the other post :lol: unnoticed

Just because Hawkings is a scientist doesn't make him "science". Hawkings has a "conjecture" about the universe and it is just that, a conjecture.

A freakin stupid one at that.

And Hawkings and Leonard Mlodinow have the right to confront their accuser(s).

God will have to make an appearance and swear an oath or lose the case as usual.

IF there is a God, then Hawking and Mlodinow will get their chance. If there is no God, they will both die regardless, and none of it really matters. If God truly is God, he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and if God truly is God, he may be laughing that Hawking and Mlodinow want so badly to be Him.;)

Last edited:
I have. Nothing in this thread proves your assertion. Looks like you can't explain yourself.

If God created the universe then Hawkings and science are wrong.

jesus, what an error in the other post :lol: unnoticed

Just because Hawkings is a scientist doesn't make him "science". Hawkings has a "conjecture" about the universe and it is just that, a conjecture.

A freakin stupid one at that.

a stupid one? :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back