Hawaii Lawmakers Pass Bill to Create 'Islam Day'

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
HONOLULU -- Hawaii's state Senate overwhelmingly approved a bill Wednesday to celebrate "Islam Day" -- over the objections of a few lawmakers who said they didn't want to honor a religion connected to Sept. 11, 2001.

The Senate's two Republicans argued that a minority of Islamic extremists have killed many innocents in terrorist attacks.

"I recall radical Islamists around the world cheering the horrors of 9/11. That is the day all civilized people of all religions should remember," said Republican Sen. Fred Hemmings to the applause of more than 100 people gathered in the Senate to oppose a separate issue -- same-sex civil unions.

The resolution to proclaim Sept. 24, 2009, as Islam Day passed the Senate on a 22-3 vote. It had previously passed the House and now goes to Republican Gov. Linda Lingle.

Hawaii Lawmakers Pass Bill to Create 'Islam Day' - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

i'm sure the aclu will go right after this as violating the 1st...i mean, you can't have manger scenes, but i guess you can have a whole day...

That is the day all civilized people of all religions should remember," said Republican Sen. Fred Hemmings to the applause of more than 100 people gathered in the Senate to oppose a separate issue -- same-sex civil unions.

:lol:

Oh man, this was great.

LOL

I pray the republican party never stops pissing their diapers over muslims, and obsessing about hating gays.

That is the day all civilized people of all religions should remember," said Republican Sen. Fred Hemmings to the applause of more than 100 people gathered in the Senate to oppose a separate issue -- same-sex civil unions.

:lol:

Oh man, this was great.

LOL

I pray the republican party never stops pissing their diapers over muslims, and obsessing about hating gays.

THAT is all you have to say? What happened to all the spittle and screams from the left over a moment of silence and that vaunted Separation of Church and State? As Usual the only religion that bothers you turds is the Christian religion.

Forum List

Back