Having Problems With Page Crashing

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Not sure what is doing it, though I have an idea, but is anyone else having problems with pages crashing a lot lately? I use Avast SafeZone Browser with AdBlock, but the icon at the top of the screen showing video ads are still trying to load and it causes my page to crash. If I turn off AdBlock it makes it so that the video ads loading make the forum almost unusable. The Admins might want to take a second thought about using these HUGE video ads. (My page just crashed while trying to post this.) I've had pages crash at least 5 times in the last 10 minutes. It's pretty bad.

For some strange reason that happens to me on occasion. I use Firefox browser.

Either I get a message telling me that Adobe has crashed, or it tells me that there is a webpage in the background that is stopping the site from loading.

Usually, if I restart, clear my browser, then it goes away.

Kinda annoying though.

For some strange reason that happens to me on occasion. I use Firefox browser.

Either I get a message telling me that Adobe has crashed, or it tells me that there is a webpage in the background that is stopping the site from loading.

Usually, if I restart, clear my browser, then it goes away.

Kinda annoying though.

This actually says that the whole page has crashed and needs reloaded. It's only this page though as none of the other tabs are affected.

I've not had problems since that day with pages crashing... Firefox is HORRIBLE for shockwave crashing. I quit using that and switched to Chrome because of it. Then something with Yahoo.com and a few other pages started to do the same thing with Chrome, so I switched to SafeZone browser.

I've not had problems since that day with pages crashing... Firefox is HORRIBLE for shockwave crashing. I quit using that and switched to Chrome because of it. Then something with Yahoo.com and a few other pages started to do the same thing with Chrome, so I switched to SafeZone browser.

You can disable Shockwave by clicking a button in Firefox. Haven't tried Chrome, so can't say anything about it. I've never had a problem with Firefox so don't feel the need to change. Maybe the 'Decentraleyes' add on will help; it speeded mine up and it's compatible with the the other addons I use. It blocks cloud hits as well which some of the other addons and browsers don't do.

You can disable Shockwave by clicking a button in Firefox. Haven't tried Chrome, so can't say anything about it. I've never had a problem with Firefox so don't feel the need to change. Maybe the 'Decentraleyes' add on will help; it speeded mine up and it's compatible with the the other addons I use. It blocks cloud hits as well which some of the other addons and browsers don't do.

Some of the websites I go to have news videos that use shockwave and a game I play uses it as well, so I need a browser that doesn't have a problem with it.

Some of the websites I go to have news videos that use shockwave and a game I play uses it as well, so I need a browser that doesn't have a problem with it.

I turn it back on when I do that. It's easy. It isn't Firefox that's the problem; you have something else going on, probably to do with your cache. Are you using an 'anti-virus' software?

Something is going on with the forum today, I'm getting a ton of page crashes on this page only.... none of the other tabs.

It's crashed like 3 times in the last minute.

page%20crash_zpszk6cf0om.png

Forum List

Back