Having fun!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Finally got a chance to go to the range and fire my (new/used) CZ 82.

CZ-82-No2-L.jpg

Snappy little sweetheart and accurate too boot. It's my new CC.

One nice thing about the country, my range is on my back porch.
Commie gun that shoots the 7.62 ammo?
Not familiar with that one.

9X18 or a 9 Makarov (short 9). C&R eligible, ammo is relatively inexpensive in FMJ and JHP. The barrel has Polygonal rifling as opposed to the standard rifling and according to all the reviews this hand gun is as reliable and durable as the best ones on the market. Excellent CC firearm. I picked mine up at a gun show for $270 that came with the issue holster, 2 - 9 round mags and a mag case.
J&G currently has them for $209.95 and comes with one 12 round double stack mag. The 9 round mags are currently easier to find and are around $30 each.
Ordered a Falco paddle holster shipped for around $50 but in the mean time am using an Uncle Mikes size 5 Sidekick that is much cheaper and works very well.
I also have a CZ52, the model that was replaced by the 82. Much bigger firing a 7.62x25 round with 85 grains. This beast is also C&R and will penetrate class II body armor with FMJ rounds.
CZ has some of the best, most reliable weapons on the market and is generally half the price of a Glock or Sig.
Go to CZUSA to check out their modern offerings.
Another great weapon (put requires some trigger tuning - different spring) is the Polish P64. Essentially a rough copy of the Wather PPK but fires the heavier 9X18 round. I'm planning to buy one for the wife.

For those who are interested here are pics of the other two hand guns I referred to.

The CZ52 - Not the prettiest one on the market but very reliable and packs a major wallop.

cz52-1.jpg

And the Polish P64

P64%202.jpg

The Poles claim to have designed this one from the ground up but if you are familiar with the Walther PPK then you know better.

Walther PPK

walther_ppk_ud.jpg

Real men shoot a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag.

I will take accuracy & rapid target reacquisition (lighter recoil) any day over a large caliber, heavy recoil hand gun. I can get off 3 to 5 rounds, center mass placement, to every one of yours. Now granted all you might need is the one but you have to be certain you hit the target the first time, especially if that target is moving and firing back at you. Good luck.

Okay, picked up my (also) new/used Polish P64 today (see last posted picture). Waiting on the replacement mainspring to come in, the double action trigger pull is as bad as the reviews say it is. Ordered an IWB holster and rubber grips.
I bought it for my wife but she doesn't seem all that interested. Total price including FFL transfer was $216.
Soon I get to experience whether the recoil is just solid or heavy. :D

Can you shoot with either hand or just your dominant one? I'm left handed but very ambidextrous and have often wondered if I ever did have the opportunity to shoot a gun which hand I would hold it in. Oh hell, I'd be like the Sundance Kid wouldn't I? :lol:

CZ-82-No2-L.jpg

I have a paintball gun that kinda looks like that. That count for anything?

Apparently, it's illegal to fire it from a moving car, at the car in front of you. :(

CZ-82-No2-L.jpg

I have a paintball gun that kinda looks like that. That count for anything?

Apparently, it's illegal to fire it from a moving car, at the car in front of you. :(

It's illegal to do it with this one also but hey..........
chaingun.jpg

Can you shoot with either hand or just your dominant one? I'm left handed but very ambidextrous and have often wondered if I ever did have the opportunity to shoot a gun which hand I would hold it in. Oh hell, I'd be like the Sundance Kid wouldn't I? :lol:

When I've used my left hand, it feels like someone else is holding my gun.

:tongue:

Forum List

Back