Having a hard time focusing today

Fmr jarhead

Aug 9, 2004
SoFLA
After viewing another medieval act of butchery this morning I am finding myself getting more angry over the lack of outrage by the vast majority of Americans who chose to not voice thier opinion, or refuse to believe that the enemy we face is absolutely evil!

Have you seen any of the beheadings, or do you just think that hearing about it is enough for you? I feel as though to witness such an event is to understand the opposition we face idealogically and physically.

Absolute outrage.....these fundamentalists make Hilter look like Barney.

If you want to see the truth: http://www.ogrish.com/

Please do not look if you are under 18 and do not want to witness the grisly acts that have been reported. Viewing this will cause emotional distress, and not recommended for anyone who has a weak stomach.

Fmr jarhead said:
After viewing another medieval act of butchery this morning I am finding myself getting more angry over the lack of outrage by the vast majority of Americans who chose to not voice thier opinion, or refuse to believe that the enemy we face is absolutely evil!

Have you seen any of the beheadings, or do you just think that hearing about it is enough for you? I feel as though to witness such an event is to understand the opposition we face idealogically and physically.

Absolute outrage.....these fundamentalists make Hilter look like Barney.

Hearing about it is enough for me. I have seen enough of man's inhumanity to man. There is no question in my mind that those who would perform such horrible acts have lost their humanity and not much more than viscious beasts.

Fmr jarhead said:
That is true....and it is wise of you to know your limits of what you can handle.

Everyone is capable of handling the viewing - the problem is the more we watch those things, the less sensative we become. We've been hurt by scenes just as graphic, explicit, etc, filling our minds and eyes on a daily basis. I still want to be schocked. I still want these stories to mean something when I read them. Watching these vids takes away from that I suppose. After awhile. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
-=d=- said:
Everyone is capable of handling the viewing - the problem is the more we watch those things, the less sensative we become. We've been hurt by scenes just as graphic, explicit, etc, filling our minds and eyes on a daily basis. I still want to be schocked. I still want these stories to mean something when I read them. Watching these vids takes away from that I suppose. After awhile. :(

I have seen a lot of death in a lot of forms, most up close and personal. I can tell you that those sights and visions NEVER leave you. The memories are still lucid enough to elicit the horror even today.

I think there is some validity in that watching videos of such acts tends to numb the mind to them. I guess the big difference is in a video, you dont have all 5 senses at work.

Fmr jarhead said:
That is true....and it is wise of you to know your limits of what you can handle.

This is the first one I actually watched---It's the most evil thing I have ever seen and will never watch another. There is no punishment harsh enough for these people. It's traumatizing to watch and I guess we will be hearing nothing more from the idiots who tried to claim the beheadings were faked although I can se why people would want to try to deny to themselves that this was real. Right now I see NO innocent muslims.

dilloduck said:
This is the first one I actually watched---It's the most evil thing I have ever seen and will never watch another. There is no punishment harsh enough for these people. It's traumatizing to watch and I guess we will be hearing nothing more from the idiots who tried to claim the beheadings were faked although I can se why people would want to try to deny to themselves that this was real. Right now I see NO innocent muslims.

It is amazing the visceral reaction that seeing such things foster.

While I understand your thoughts, I do have to point out that to use such a broad brush about all Muslims is not the right answer. There are moderate Muslims who are just as sickened and repulsed by the beheadings as moderate Christians are by the radical elements of their religion who assassinate doctors who perform abortions......

Both act with barbarism, and the moderate people of the world who do not think that religious revolution is the answer to anything, stand by with disgust and disdain, only to witness the acts and say, "wow....doesn't God (Allah) act in strange ways?" I think it drives more of a wedge in to the religion's credibility. More people will move away from the religion, if freedom is won.

CSM said:
It is amazing the visceral reaction that seeing such things foster.

Makes me wonder if Annan and other "leaders" have seen this for themselves.They should be made to watch it over and over and the first one who says America caused this behavior be tortured to death in front of the rest. :death: :death: :death:

dilloduck said:
Makes me wonder if Annan and other "leaders" have seen this for themselves.They should be made to watch it over and over and the first one who says America caused this behavior be tortured to death in front of the rest. :death: :death: :death:

As I said, it is amazing the visceral reactions that arise upon witnessing such atrocities. Obviously not all Muslims are like that; not all US soldiers are like those who brought much infamy, embarrassment and shame to the US Army through their actions at Abu Grhaib. Granted, there is a huge difference between beheading a person and making them put a pair of women's underwear over their heads. I'll take the latter any day.

The beheadings and bombings only make me more determined that these fanatics must be fought in every nook and cranny on the planet and erradicated completely.

CSM said:
As I said, it is amazing the visceral reactions that arise upon witnessing such atrocities. Obviously not all Muslims are like that; not all US soldiers are like those who brought much infamy, embarrassment and shame to the US Army through their actions at Abu Grhaib. Granted, there is a huge difference between beheading a person and making them put a pair of women's underwear over their heads. I'll take the latter any day.

The beheadings and bombings only make me more determined that these fanatics must be fought in every nook and cranny on the planet and erradicated completely.

Problem is that Iraqis do not see the horror in this as we do. The US is going to have to find a way to get them to respect our ideas more than they fear retaliation from fanatics. I'm beginning to doubt that this is possible.

the important thing to remember is that al-zarqawi, and his bunch, are nothing but cowardly remorseless killers who are attempting to justify their horrific brutality in the name of a religion. Its the same thing thats been done countless times in the history of this world.

Focus on the perp and the act, not his 'reasoning' for justification.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dilloduck said:
Problem is that Iraqis do not see the horror in this as we do. The US is going to have to find a way to get them to respect our ideas more than they fear retaliation from fanatics. I'm beginning to doubt that this is possible.

I dont have any answers that's for sure. I try to tell myself that human life is viewed differently in those parts of the world, but my gut feeling is that there is something inherently wrong with any individual who can casually commit so gruesome an act, especially against a helpless captive.

i've already shared my thoughts on this in another thread but i will add this

i've seen very bad things in my life... but i will never forgive myself (or forget my feelings and what i saw) for watching the video of the slaughter of daniel pearl.... as i felt then, i feel now... inconsolable anger at the kind of monster that would massacre an unarmed person for sport or twisted politics/religion. there is not an excuse to ever be found to explain away this kind of merciless evil. the cowards who do this are monsters, through and through.

CSM said:
I dont have any answers that's for sure. I try to tell myself that human life is viewed differently in those parts of the world, but my gut feeling is that there is something inherently wrong with any individual who can casually commit so gruesome an act, especially against a helpless captive.

I suppose the greatest difference is the way we revere life, versusthe way they revere death.

They do not see non-Muslims as human, I suppose (I am trying to venture a guess as to their mnindset, which is damn near impossible).

Forum List

Back