Haven't We Been Over This

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/washington/28dubai.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Ok, so maybe the ports thing was a big deal and maybe it wasn't such a big deal, but the American people made one thing well known to George W. Bush, who has recently developed a real knack for pissing me the hell off. That thing was that we didn't want a foreign government body, much less an Arabic government body, to own any part of industries key to national security. Once again, maybe a few terminal operators weren't a big deal, but that's irrelevant now. What is relevant is that now, Bush has signed permission for the same family of mafioso, UAE government owned companies to buy 9 MILITARY WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT PLANTS!! Yes, you read me right, WEAPONS PLANTS! These places make stuff for our troops fighting a war which the UAE has clearly taken the wrong side on with their recent pledge of $50 million to Hamas! That's right, we have 9 factories for sale that make parts for our tanks, planes, humvees, and other military vehicles, and our oh-so-tough on national defense president just signs away the deal to an Islamic state like it's nothing.

And what's worse, the guys who so vehemently opposed the Dubai Ports World deal are totally silent. I don't know what retarded world our politicians live in, but here in the real world, you don't hand control of military hardware factories over to people who fund our enemies.

For the sake of my avatar and custom title (this wouldn't fit in the custom title line, but if there's a way to lengthen it...):

*ahem*

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!

Forum List

Back