Have your property taxes increased?

I'm a bit curious how many out there in cyberland have had property tax increases?

I learned that the taxes on our old placed went from just under $600.00 a year to over $3,500.00 last year.

I know there has been blames put all over the place on this economy crash as they well should be, but don't ya'll think that property taxes are partially to blame?

To me a six times the amount increase in two years is a bit much.

I also heard from a friend in an Arizona town that their sewage charges all went up to a hundred dollars a month. A hundred dollars a month to flush turds is a kicker.

Where in the hell do ya live.. Caleeefornia? Ours went down, the value of our house went south and so did the taxes. I don[t sweat it though.. Unless I plan to sell it I don't lose a thing.. You need to get the hell outta Caleeefornia.

It was our place in Idaho that went up so much. Supposedly they re-appraised the place?? It is being taxed for more than prime water front properties a few miles away. Not sure what the deal is other than they decided to nail it for such a high tax rate other than just because they can.

If a house worth a few million in the same neck of the woods is taxed for less than $3,500.00 shouldn't a house worth maybe an tenth of that be taxed at a lessor rate? Last time I looked it was all based nd rated on value.

I agree, i've just never heard of a $600.00 per year property tax. I'm in Maryland now, paying about $3000.00. Likely relocating to New Jersey later this year, for a home there that costs $100,000 LESS than my home here the property tax is over $9000.00 ! :cuckoo:

That is living on the east coast. When you move west to places where your out in the middle of no-where you should reap the benefits of overall lower taxes.

How do people living on minimum wage survive on the east coast? Or west coast for that matter?

Depending on where you are, the salaries are proportionally higher.

My real estate taxes went up about 100% in the last 20 years, but the services which I must pay for (like water and sewar, and garbage) have gone up a LOT more than that.

Now garbage I CAN do something about by limiting the garbage I make, but water and sewar play the game of charging a MINIUMUM rate (regardless of actual use) which escalates at a rate faster than inflation.

And there is NO way to avoid water and sewar charges, either.

If you use NOTHING, if you DISCONNECT services YOU are STILL charged for that service.

I could easily drill my own well and I could also create a leaching field for sewar, but even if I did, I'd still be charged for those services.

Last edited:
I'm a bit curious how many out there in cyberland have had property tax increases?

I learned that the taxes on our old placed went from just under $600.00 a year to over $3,500.00 last year.

I know there has been blames put all over the place on this economy crash as they well should be, but don't ya'll think that property taxes are partially to blame?

To me a six times the amount increase in two years is a bit much.

I also heard from a friend in an Arizona town that their sewage charges all went up to a hundred dollars a month. A hundred dollars a month to flush turds is a kicker.

Where in the hell do ya live.. Caleeefornia? Ours went down, the value of our house went south and so did the taxes. I don[t sweat it though.. Unless I plan to sell it I don't lose a thing.. You need to get the hell outta Caleeefornia.

It was our place in Idaho that went up so much. Supposedly they re-appraised the place?? It is being taxed for more than prime water front properties a few miles away. Not sure what the deal is other than they decided to nail it for such a high tax rate other than just because they can.

In good ol' Conservative "Craig type" Idaho? Who'd a thunk it!

Forum List

Back