Have your property taxes increased?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I'm a bit curious how many out there in cyberland have had property tax increases?

I learned that the taxes on our old placed went from just under $600.00 a year to over $3,500.00 last year.

I know there has been blames put all over the place on this economy crash as they well should be, but don't ya'll think that property taxes are partially to blame?

To me a six times the amount increase in two years is a bit much.

I also heard from a friend in an Arizona town that their sewage charges all went up to a hundred dollars a month. A hundred dollars a month to flush turds is a kicker.

Last edited:
No. They have gone down.

Our "wise" governor cut property taxes because he's a populist and he just wants everyone to love him so. In the mean time, counties and cities have been slashing fire and school budgets.

No. They have gone down.

Our "wise" governor cut property taxes because he's a populist and he just wants everyone to love him so. In the mean time, counties and cities have been slashing fire and school budgets.
Maybe their budgets were inflated to begin with?

Our taxes started out at just under $300.00 a year there for the place. Affordability was the one reason I liked living there. I can see taxes going up a bit but from under $300.00 to well over $3,500.00 is too much.

They also went from unregulated water use to metered water after the state determined that the little town could not use the spring they had been using for the town since it had been established. The water cost tripled over night and has been going up since. Plus it is now full of chlorine and unfit to drink.

It is not that the average workers wage has gone up in the last fifteen years. Nor has retirement/SS gone up and the little town is mostly retired people on limited incomes.

I'm paying over $9,000/year in property taxes.
It sucks but some positive rep would make me feel better about it :)
Or yet some sympathy rep. Wait maybe we should just figure if you can afford to pay those kind of taxes you do not need any sympathy?

I'm a bit curious how many out there in cyberland have had property tax increases?

I learned that the taxes on our old placed went from just under $600.00 a year to over $3,500.00 last year.

I know there has been blames put all over the place on this economy crash as they well should be, but don't ya'll think that property taxes are partially to blame?

I also heard from a friend in an Arizona town that their sewage charges all went up to a hundred dollars a month. A hundred dollars a month to flush turds is a kicker.

Do a bear shit in da woods???

Do a bear shit in da woods???
I am sure they do yet we do not have to pay sewage system fees for bears. Could be a new enviromental tax coming from them though never know what will be the next money maker for our politicians to tag us on.

Wow, $600.00 a year is a gift .......
If a house worth a few million in the same neck of the woods is taxed for less than $3,500.00 shouldn't a house worth maybe an tenth of that be taxed at a lessor rate? Last time I looked it was all based nd rated on value.

If a house worth a few million in the same neck of the woods is taxed for less than $3,500.00 shouldn't a house worth maybe an tenth of that be taxed at a lessor rate? Last time I looked it was all based nd rated on value.

I agree, i've just never heard of a $600.00 per year property tax. I'm in Maryland now, paying about $3000.00. Likely relocating to New Jersey later this year, for a home there that costs $100,000 LESS than my home here the property tax is over $9000.00 ! :cuckoo:

I agree, i've just never heard of a $600.00 per year property tax. I'm in Maryland now, paying about $3000.00. Likely relocating to New Jersey later this year, for a home there that costs $100,000 LESS than my home here the property tax is over $9000.00 ! :cuckoo:

That is living on the east coast. When you move west to places where your out in the middle of no-where you should reap the benefits of overall lower taxes.

How do people living on minimum wage survive on the east coast? Or west coast for that matter?

That is living on the east coast. When you move west to places where your out in the middle of no-where you should reap the benefits of overall lower taxes.

How do people living on minimum wage survive on the east coast? Or west coast for that matter?

in california it is $8 / hr and in sf it is $9 and change....not that you can buy a house on that....

Yes, even though my property value well, it went up! So did the sales tax (to the highest in the country), gas tax (to the 3rd highest in the US), energy tax, unprepared food tax, my State income tax (by 50% I might add; close to the highest), Corporate tax (to close to the highest), licensing and vehicle registration!

Damn, i need to move to the midwest ... :lol:

If you want to work, it's pretty easy to make well above minimum wage here.

Damn, i need to move to the midwest ... :lol:

If you want to work, it's pretty easy to make well above minimum wage here.

The place i mentioned was in Idaho. Although the taxes here are/were double here when we bought property here in 93.

I've given out too much rep. I'll be back.

Actually, my property taxes have gone down. These backwater politicians really know how to balance a budget.

I've given out too much rep. I'll be back.

Actually, my property taxes have gone down. These backwater politicians really know how to balance a budget.

I'll need to work on getting some sympathy rep too....:lol::lol::lol:

Where in the hell do ya live.. Caleeefornia? Ours went down, the value of our house went south and so did the taxes. I don[t sweat it though.. Unless I plan to sell it I don't lose a thing.. You need to get the hell outta Caleeefornia.

New Topics

Forum List

Back