Have you voted yet ?

Early voting among USMB menmbers midterm 2010.

• I still plan on voting early/absentee.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not voting this election.

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Early voting closes in many states at close-of-business today.

Gallup reports:

PRINCETON, N.J., Oct. 27 (UPI) -- More than a quarter of registered voters across the United States said they already voted or plan to vote before Election Day, Gallup reported Wednesday.

Results for the Gallup-USA Today poll indicated 60 percent of older voters and voters living in the West said they have voted or plan to vote before Tuesday.

The Princeton, N.J., polling agency said self-reported early voting was lower in this midterm so far than it was in 2008, when 32 percent of registered voters in the presidential election said they had voted or still planned to vote early.

My question is:

Are political aficionados like us MORE or LESS likely to vote early?

No, I haven't voted yet. I will do that on Tuesday - election day. I think unless you are in the military and away on a deployment or something you shouldn't be able to vote early. I think there is too much opportunity for voter fraud by allowing early voting.

I vote by absentee, naturally... registered in CA. For the first time ever, I voted straight 'R' across the board. Just because I felt like it. LMAO.

This was a poll question on Special Report a couple of days ago. I was surprised to see that just over 50% of those who participated, had already voted. I think it was 49% who said they would vote on November 2.

I will be voting on Tuesday.

Gallup reports:

PRINCETON, N.J., Oct. 27 (UPI) -- More than a quarter of registered voters across the United States said they already voted or plan to vote before Election Day, Gallup reported Wednesday.

Results for the Gallup-USA Today poll indicated 60 percent of older voters and voters living in the West said they have voted or plan to vote before Tuesday.

The Princeton, N.J., polling agency said self-reported early voting was lower in this midterm so far than it was in 2008, when 32 percent of registered voters in the presidential election said they had voted or still planned to vote early.

My question is:

In Oregon we vote by mail. Because this is a dark blue state, I wait until just days before an election to mail my ballot. I feel this decreases the chance of it being altered or tossed by unscrupulous people who might open and read it. I mailed it yesterday.

Last edited:
vitter or melcancon... geez what a choice, a hypocritical adulterer or a lying jackass.. why waste my time?

Voted early as this year getting to the polls would have been somewhat of a chore. So in this case it did come in handy.

Last edited:

Gallup reports:

My question is:

In Oregon we vote by mail. Because this is a dark blue state, I wait until just days before an election to mail my ballot. I feel this decreases the chance of it being altered or tossed by unscrupulous people who might open and read it. I mailed it yesterday.

Oregon: The Alabama of the Northwest.

As soon as early voting started here in Texas... I was at the polls.

I am a bit worried that my vote could maybe be manipulated, but I just have to trust the system and hope all is above board.

So yes... I have voted.

I sent my absentee vote in a couple days ago. But it sure is unfortunate that the voting cofindence (of Republicans) has degraded to the point where people are worried about their votes being tampered with.

Forum List

Back