Have you seen these YAHOOs?

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
One of em is an American and two are Canadians....

ra2094772113.jpg

About six months before 911 I was out at a very nice restaurant here in Vegas with a group of friends. One of the "ladies" that joined our party brought with her a few friends. They were all Iraqi's and Saudis. I have often wondered since then if any of them might have been 911 guys.... It has been proved that they spent some time in Vegas before the 911 attacks....

Just reminiscing......

Originally posted by Zhukov
I consider Las Vegas one big fat target.
So do I. Luckily, I am moving soon. The housing market here has been nuts and so we sold while we could. I cannot imagine that it will stay up this high for long (to give you an example, a new housing area opened up with 1900 square foot homes for sale. They started out at $350K each. Within a week, they were going for $750K).

Good god! Of course, hotel luggage attendants make like $80,000 per annum don't they?
Yep. Valet parking jobs are target jobs too! Nevada has one of the lowest HS grad rates (if not the lowest) in the country. The kids see too much easy money to be made here!

Was there for the first time a month ago. Packs of incredible looking scantily clad 20-something asian chicks. It's a....nice place.

While I was flying there though, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "even money says the terrorists decide to nuke sin city when I'm there of all times."

Originally posted by freeandfun1
So do I. Luckily, I am moving soon. The housing market here has been nuts and so we sold while we could. I cannot imagine that it will stay up this high for long (to give you an example, a new housing area opened up with 1900 square foot homes for sale. They started out at $350K each. Within a week, they were going for $750K).

Wow, that's crazy. The house I grew up in was built in 1900 and is 5500 square feet, and would probably go for about 400k right now.

Was there for the first time a month ago. Packs of incredible looking scantily clad 20-something asian chicks. It's a....nice place.

While I was flying there though, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "even money says the terrorists decide to nuke sin city when I'm there of all times."
I know what you mean!

I am leaving this Friday for Singapore and Malaysia and I am worried sick that it will be my luck that plane I will be on will be targeted!

I am sure Vegas would be a major target and if it does get hit (even with a relatively small attack) it will KILL the economy here.

So I want to "git" out while the "gittin" is good!

Yeah, every time I travel by plane those kind of thoughts enter my mind. But I quickly tune my mind either to how hot the attendant is, or how I will disarm that bastard terrorist (or die trying). I am not altruistic by any means, but my life would be better spent preventing a terrorist attack on a large population, than it would be just sitting on the plane waiting for that fucker to finish praising Allah so he can crash the plane.

Originally posted by JohnGalt
Yeah, every time I travel by plane those kind of thoughts enter my mind. But I quickly tune my mind either to how hot the attendant is, or how I will disarm that bastard terrorist (or die trying). I am not altruistic by any means, but my life would be better spent preventing a terrorist attack on a large population, than it would be just sitting on the plane waiting for that fucker to finish praising Allah so he can crash the plane.

Yep.

I flew down to Minneapolis not too long ago, and I'll be damned if the first thing I saw wasn't an idiot in the first seat in First Class, closest to the cockpit, wearing the largest turban I've ever seen. I traded my window seat for an aisle seat and kept an eye on him. There were several other young men my age that followed suit. He didn't move from his seat for the entire flight. What kind of dumbass would sit on an American airplane with a friggin turban on? While I'm sure any terrorist would try to look as western as possible, I have no qualms with keeping a close eye on anyone that appears to be Arab when I'm on a plane. The ACLU can kiss my ass, I racial profile like hell when it comes to my personal safety. I seriously doubt there will be another successful hijacking (at least in the USA), 9-11 taught the entire world that it's better to fight back inside the plane rather than sit there like sheep and hope it will all be solved with negotiations. If it ever happens that I'm on a hijacked flight, I'll be fighting.

Remember Richard Reid, the failed shoe bomber? A few midwestern boys on the plane roughed him up nicely, even using a fire extinguisher on him as he tried to detonate his shoe. A few reports suggested that he even recieved a few complimentary finishing touches after he'd been hogtied. His head looked mighty lumpy as he was whisked away by police when they landed... nice work, that.

Originally posted by freeandfun1

Just great. There's a good possibility I WIL BE moving there. In the very near future.

I lived there from Feb., '80 to Aug., '83. I had a fantastic, HUGE apartment for $435 a month that I split with a room mate. Man have things changed.

I just might have a change of heart about moving there.

Forum List

Back