Have You Prayed For Your Banker, Today??

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
Apparently, he/they ARE your new Lord & Master!! :cuckoo:

“In Washington, the view is that the banks are to be regulated, and my view is that Washington and the regulators are there to serve the bank$.”

"When negotiations over the Dodd-Frank financial reform law reached their final stages, Democrats were desperate to find a few Republican votes to overcome a filibuster in the Senate. Ultimately, three Republicans senators — Sens. Scott Brown (R-MA), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), and Susan Collins (R-ME) — supported the Dodd-Frank legislation.

At the time, Brown stated that his opposition to those two provisions had to do with their potential effect on job creation. But according to an analysis in the Boston Globe, during the three weeks Brown was working to water down financial reform, campaign contributions from banks and investment banks “poured in“:

"From mid-June until the Fourth of July, according to a Globe analysis of his campaign finance reports, the Massachusetts senator took in $140,000 from banks and investment firms and their executiveshttp://thinkprogress.org/2010/12/12/banks-brown/, including companies based in the state, such as MassMutual and State Street Corp. That is 400 percent more than the $28,000 received on average by all Republican senators during the same three weeks.

"As the money poured in, Brown and his Senate staff were working both publicly and behind the scenes to scuttle $19 billion in fees on the financial industry that would have paid for part of the regulatory overhaul, and to weaken a provision intended to curb certain types of investment activities by banks and insurance companies."

Last edited:
they have unlimited money to bribe the government, and the only logical explanation that I can come up with as to why all the dunces keep playing the left right blame circus, is because at least a portion of them, the instigators, must have been paid by those bankers to be used as the distractors: As you say, the tea party is concerned about 4 killed in Benghazi, when US involvement there led to the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians

Forum List

Back