Have you noticed....

How is the generic term "spouse" attacking his family?

Is not a spouse a intimate family member?

I didn't attack the spouse, now did I?

You insinuated their spouse cheated on them.

No. I asked if that was why they have such a bad attitude.

You can mince words all day long, but the fact remains that the poster has a deep-seated hatred of public education and I want to know why.

I really don't care why. The public education system has some flaws and needs fixed. The focus is on feel good bs, and participation trophies, extreme rules without thought of consequences. We need to get back to learning. Again, economics in high schools are laughable.

Just exactly how do you know this? When was the last time you actually spent a day in a high school?

I happen to have taught many of those courses. Laughable? That is what I call your unqualified opinions.

Is not a spouse a intimate family member?

You can mince words all day long, but the fact remains that the poster has a deep-seated hatred of public education and I want to know why.

I really don't care why. The public education system has some flaws and needs fixed. The focus is on feel good bs, and participation trophies, extreme rules without thought of consequences. We need to get back to learning. Again, economics in high schools are laughable.

Just exactly how do you know this? When was the last time you actually spent a day in a high school?

I happen to have taught many of those courses. Laughable? That is what I call your unqualified opinions.

What courses?

What courses?

I have taught Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, Consumer Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Government, World Civilizations, US History, Law, Life Skills, GED Prep, and probably one or two more I left out.

What courses?

I have taught Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, Consumer Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Government, World Civilizations, US History, Law, Life Skills, GED Prep, and probably one or two more I left out.

Okay.

What courses?

Okay.

So, do you think I might have just a little more expertise on what is taught in these schools since I was the one doing the teaching?

I also wrote the school's Master schedule many times in my career, so I know what is taught in the courses that I personally did not teach simply because I was a school administrator.

What courses?

Okay.

So, do you think I might have just a little more expertise on what is taught in these schools since I was the one doing the teaching?

I also wrote the school's Master schedule many times in my career, so I know what is taught in the courses that I personally did not teach simply because I was a school administrator.

No but I think you are more biased because of your background and partly responsible for some of the feel good bs and the cookie cutter approach to education.

Private Schools had better be superior to public schools. If not, why would parents be spending thousands of dollars to send their kids there?

But many parents are not sending their kid to private school out of concern for their education. They are concerned about the type of students their children will interact with. Blacks, minorities, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, kids from poor families and the wrong side of the tracks

That is why kids get shipped off to private school
My son went to a private school from grade 2 to 7th grade. It was an excellent school and he received a scholarship for college. Most of the students did. There was only one class of each grade so all of the students were in the same group each year. Four students were going to NASA each year for workshops!

The elementary school was Lutheran and then he went to a Catholic high school.

And for those who cry foul when they are single parent homes, my marriage was dissolved when he was 11. He turned out fine.

Yes, he didn't have any drugs in the school, students had to take tests to enter the school for entry and there was a strict dress and behavior code. I never regretted my choice.

Charter schools are all over the place. Some are private, with Fortune 500 companies funding them while others are off shoots of the public schools. Everyone would like to have a safe school, including dress codes, competent students and a strict behavior code. I just ask, since this is proving to be the great model, why don't we make public schools similar to these successful private schools?

There could be three levels of schools. Level one for disadvantaged students who struggle (academically behind grade level) also offering vocational schools to acquire a trade; those who are on grade level and are challenged in their classes requiring logic skills, and level three for the academically excelling students who could be taught faster, introducing Foreign Language, classes on morals a great deal of writing and literature and college preparation. But all of the schools would require dress codes, strict behavior codes and monthly checks for drugs in the campus from canines.

Hello! Private schools can kick out any student they wish! Not so for any public schools. You are simply dreaming!
Well, since there are three levels in addition to alternative schools for behavioral problems, they could be "let go to the more superior school and forced to attend a not so challenging school.

What I was getting to, though, is that public schools should take a "zero tolerance" to misbehavior and the parents would know that the students involved in misdemeanors on school grounds would be suspended at any time. Dress codes should be enforced in all public schools to negate discrimination.

What courses?

Okay.

No but I think you are more biased because of your background and partly responsible for some of the feel good bs and the cookie cutter approach to education.

OK. Please explain how I could feel partly responsible for the feel good bs and the cookie cutter approach to education that I have repeatedly told you and others on this forum is simply a figment of your overactive and undereducated imaginations?

That simple makes no sense! You must have me confused with someone else.

Private Schools had better be superior to public schools. If not, why would parents be spending thousands of dollars to send their kids there?

But many parents are not sending their kid to private school out of concern for their education. They are concerned about the type of students their children will interact with. Blacks, minorities, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, kids from poor families and the wrong side of the tracks

My son went to a private school from grade 2 to 7th grade. It was an excellent school and he received a scholarship for college. Most of the students did. There was only one class of each grade so all of the students were in the same group each year. Four students were going to NASA each year for workshops!

And for those who cry foul when they are single parent homes, my marriage was dissolved when he was 11. He turned out fine.

Yes, he didn't have any drugs in the school, students had to take tests to enter the school for entry and there was a strict dress and behavior code. I never regretted my choice.

Charter schools are all over the place. Some are private, with Fortune 500 companies funding them while others are off shoots of the public schools. Everyone would like to have a safe school, including dress codes, competent students and a strict behavior code. I just ask, since this is proving to be the great model, why don't we make public schools similar to these successful private schools?

There could be three levels of schools. Level one for disadvantaged students who struggle (academically behind grade level) also offering vocational schools to acquire a trade; those who are on grade level and are challenged in their classes requiring logic skills, and level three for the academically excelling students who could be taught faster, introducing Foreign Language, classes on morals a great deal of writing and literature and college preparation. But all of the schools would require dress codes, strict behavior codes and monthly checks for drugs in the campus from canines.

Hello! Private schools can kick out any student they wish! Not so for any public schools. You are simply dreaming!
Well, since there are three levels in addition to alternative schools for behavioral problems, they could be "let go to the more superior school and forced to attend a not so challenging school.

What I was getting to, though, is that public schools should take a "zero tolerance" to misbehavior and the parents would know that the students involved in misdemeanors on school grounds would be suspended at any time. Dress codes should be enforced in all public schools to negate discrimination.

You simply do not understand the problem. Your post makes no sense. I suggest you reread it to see if you might have left something out.

Behavioral problems are complicated because of federal laws with which we must comply. Most districts cannot afford the duplication or services or they lack the facilities to do these type of programs. Also, no teacher in their right minds wants to deal with this juvenile delinquents. Who are you going to hire to supervise them and who are you going to fire to free up the money for the additional costs?

Also, don't reply with "just change the law" because we are talking about laws such as the IDEA and other rights for the learning disabled and emotionally disturbed.

The answer always seems simple to those not intimately familiar with the roots of the problem.

You simply do not understand the problem. Your post makes no sense. I suggest you reread it to see if you might have left something out.

Behavioral problems are complicated because of federal laws with which we must comply. Most districts cannot afford the duplication or services or they lack the facilities to do these type of programs. Also, no teacher in their right minds wants to deal with this juvenile delinquents. Who are you going to hire to supervise them and who are you going to fire to free up the money for the additional costs?

Also, don't reply with "just change the law" because we are talking about laws such as the IDEA and other rights for the learning disabled and emotionally disturbed.

The answer always seems simple to those not intimately familiar with the roots of the problem.
The system I taught in did have "alternative schools" for the severe behavioral problems. Just as teaching takes a certain type of person, alternative schools require the most talented in behavior modification. Not for the weak of heart.

Did you not just say this?

"Yet another false statement. I get rated by my students and the union cannot and will not protect me like you claim."

I said it. So what? Those are two completely unrelated statements.

Do you have a point or is confusion your normal state?

No, I'm pretty stable, it is you who seems to be confused. I am not saying that all teachers are bad. Far from it. What i am saying is that the ones that are bad, are protected, and not fired when they should be.

The system I taught in did have "alternative schools" for the severe behavioral problems. Just as teaching takes a certain type of person, alternative schools require the most talented in behavior modification. Not for the weak of heart.

Nevertheless, these programs are habitually underfunded or undermanned because it strips funds from students who need the education more than the miscreants.

What courses?

Okay.

OK. Please explain how I could feel partly responsible for the feel good bs and the cookie cutter approach to education that I have repeatedly told you and others on this forum is simply a figment of your overactive and undereducated imaginations?

You wrote the Master so you helped implement the cookie cutter approach. Your attitude of "undereducated" is also another reason the education system is so screwed up. That attitude from teachers is precisely the reason the system is a problem. When Johnny has a paper gun and is suspended, while Jimmy is free to use a girls bathroom, the schools have lost their purpose. When you start getting rid of valedictorians because other kids may get left out, when you get participation trophies for just being there. Something is wrong and if you can't see it, then that is a problem.

Your attitude and denial speak volumes. BTW, there are some really good teachers but there are fewer and fewer.

Did you not just say this?

"Yet another false statement. I get rated by my students and the union cannot and will not protect me like you claim."

I said it. So what? Those are two completely unrelated statements.

Do you have a point or is confusion your normal state?

No, I'm pretty stable, it is you who seems to be confused. I am not saying that all teachers are bad. Far from it. What i am saying is that the ones that are bad, are protected, and not fired when they should be.

That is where you are wrong, plain and simple. There are examples where it doesn't happen, but that is just like finding a worm in your apple. Are you going to throw the truckload out because one apple has a worm?

I have personally participated in the firing of several tenured teachers in my career. If it doesn't happen, how were we successful in doing what you said cannot be done?

Okay.

You wrote the Master so you helped implement the cookie cutter approach. Your attitude of "undereducated" is also another reason the education system is so screwed up. That attitude from teachers is precisely the reason the system is a problem. When Johnny has a paper gun and is suspended, while Jimmy is free to use a girls bathroom, the schools have lost their purpose. When you start getting rid of valedictorians because other kids may get left out, when you get participation trophies for just being there. Something is wrong and if you can't see it, then that is a problem.

Your attitude and denial speak volumes. BTW, there are some really good teachers but there are fewer and fewer.

None of that bullshit exists in about 99.999% of schools!

We still have valedictorians, do not hand out participation trophies, do not suspend kids with paper guns, are required by law to make accommodations for any type of students disability by tailoring their educational plan, and the restroom fiasco you mentioned was nothing of the schools doing.

Are you that much of a dupe not to realize that you have been fed a steady diet of bullshit?

You are undereducated because you have not educated yourself enough to recognize the fact that someone is pissing in your face and telling you that it is raining!

We still have valedictorians, do not hand out participation trophies, do not suspend kids with paper guns, are required by law to make accommodations for any type of students disability by tailoring their educational plan, and the restroom fiasco you mentioned was nothing of the schools doing.

Are you that much of a dupe not to realize that you have been fed a steady diet of bullshit?

You are undereducated because you have not educated yourself enough to recognize the fact that someone is pissing in your face and telling you that it is raining!

You are an arrogant asshole who has done nothing but confirm my dealings with the ignorance of teachers. We worked very hard with the schools to make sure our children got the most out of their education. Teachers such as yourself got in the way of a good education. I am glad there were few of you at the schools we dealt with.

You still haven't yet addressed the topic of the OP. Would you please respond directly to its theme?

when you look at the movers and shakers of this country the same school names keep popping up, over, and over, and over again

My very first post did. Every other post has been directed at parrying attacks from you, answering others questions and making other observations based on those responses. I hate to break it to ya but that is how conversations go.
Winning Through Intimidation

Xelor proves how narrow-minded and controlling the graduates of prep schools are.

He sounds like a sophomore with a thesaurus to me.

Not only is the notion that brevity is the soul of wit lost on the boy, but so is the flow of language, itself. When words stick out as a sore thumb chosen as they are simply to try to impress, they actually have the opposite effect of the one he is intending.
I don't know what he's chewing, but he certainly doesn't eschew obfuscation.

You are an arrogant asshole who has done nothing but confirm my dealings with the ignorance of teachers. We worked very hard with the schools to make sure our children got the most out of their education. Teachers such as yourself got in the way of a good education. I am glad there were few of you at the schools we dealt with.

Oh, so I am an arrogant asshole for proving you don't know anything about public schools! Wow!

That is definitely akin to a kettle calling a pot black!

Whether you like it or not you are a dupe of those who are dedicated to destroying public education in this country. You go willingly through your gullibility in believing every lie, half-truth and outright exaggeration placed in front of you.

You simply are a dumbass, who doesn't like being shown the truth because it destroys your belief system.

I feel sorry for you and your children.

Oh, so I am an arrogant asshole for proving you don't know anything about public schools! Wow!

That is definitely akin to a kettle calling a pot black!

Whether you like it or not you are a dupe of those who are dedicated to destroying public education in this country. You go willingly through your gullibility in believing every lie, half-truth and outright exaggeration placed in front of you.

You simply are a dumbass, who doesn't like being shown the truth because it destroys your belief system.

I feel sorry for you and your children.

You have proved nothing, you have given your biased opinion. If you don't like the opinion, then work to change it instead of perpetuating it.

I don't feel a bit sorry for you however I do feel sorry for the children you have taught, they all are now dumbasses.

Admiral Rockwell Tory, you are simply not believable.

Firing several tenured teachers in a public school, with teachers covered by a CBA? Not believable. Please identify the school district.

Forum List

Back