Have You Noticed MSM Using Phrase "Undocumented" instead of "Illegal"? WH Influence?

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Obama Administration to Outlaw
the Phase "Illegal Alien"

WASHINGTON - An unnamed source has indicated that the Obama
Administration is attaching language to an existing bill that would
restrict how the media can refer to illegal aliens.
This comes on the heels of an attempt by a Latino legislator in
Utah who proposed legislation that
would require all lawmakers to undergo “cultural sensitivity
training”. This training would have indoctrinated those attending, to
start using the phrase "undocumented immigrant" and eradicating the
word "illegal aliens” — a term he stated is as offensive as the n-
word.
A similar move was made by Senator Harry Reid, in which he proposed
illegal aliens be referred to only as "undocumented Americans".
According to the LVT source, federal tax dollars paid for a study
that showed people were more likely to exploit or commit crimes
against people who were described as "illegal aliens". The study also
showed that if people were referred to "undocumented workers" or
"undocumented Americans".
Although highly subjective and disputable, this would be the basis
for inserting the language into an existing bill or proposing a new
one.
"This is just a psychological manuever to gain support for full
amnesty of illegal aliens and gaining votes for the Democrats."
Commented Senator Jim DeMint, S.C. "Think about it. Would you be more
strongly opposed to handing our country over to illegal aliens or to
undocumented Americans? The second term makes it sound like they're
already American and just forgot to fill out a form somewhere."

Politics

Well.. I would not like to see any kind of legal action on how the word "illegal" can be used and I find this claim highly suspect, though not out of the question. I would put more thought into it if there was any reason to believe this is anything more than than the usual hyperbole and liberties with the truth that we normally see in highly partisan atmospheres. I had forgotten why I stopped visiting here years ago but it's all coming back to me now. Extremely partisan atmosphere and lots of just plain propaganda from both party partisans.

Having said that, I am not sure that just being here is the "illegal" part anyway. The act of crossing illegally is a misdemeanor. So, yeah, that is an illegal act. But I'm not sure that the mere presence of someone who crossed illegally is any kind of offense... I mean, it's splitting hairs, either way you look at it. Overstaying a Visa, which figures into this more than people recognize, is as big an issue as any and that isn't even a misdemeanor, think that's just a civil offense. So... I don't know. I sure don't see any need to legislate the use of any particular word. I suspect this is more about objections to using the word "undocumented" rather than objections to "illegal". Either way, the argument from either perspective is about propaganda and swaying public perception by such subtle means as the difference in "illegal" vs "undocumented".

There was awhile there when the WH wouldn't refer to "terrorists"; they were criminals but not terrorists cuz they wanted to try 'em in a civilian court rather than a military tribunal.

Liberal = Progressive
terrorism =man caused disasters
Crippled = handicapped
Bum = homeless
Illegal alien = undocumented immigrant

Have You Noticed MSM Using Phrase "Undocumented" instead of "Illegal"? WH Influence?

No, more likely a ratings influence; the media are a business, motivated by profit only – when motivated by profit you seek to offend as few people as possible.

As a technical aside, the term ‘undocumented’ is more comprehensively accurate, as many came here legally, became undocumented subsequently, and are not here as a result of an illegal act.

Keep calling them illegal, even though 48% of Latinos think the term is racist. It just reinforces why neither Romney, Ginrich, Santorum or Paul get over 15% of the Latino vote.

No, more likely a ratings influence; the media are a business, motivated by profit only – when motivated by profit you seek to offend as few people as possible.

As a technical aside, the term ‘undocumented’ is more comprehensively accurate, as many came here legally, became undocumented subsequently, and are not here as a result of an illegal act.

Wow....Just wow....:lmao:

................the media are a business, motivated by profit only – when motivated by profit you seek to offend as few people as possible.
Yes, RATINGS, no law or "morality" involved.

Wow....Just wow....:lmao:

Yeah.. that is hair splitting but technically correct. If a visa expires and you don't leave, that is not an illegal act. It's a failure to act. And it's a civil offense, not even a misdemeanor.

Euphemisms can hide a multitude of sins. As to the 3rd post on this thread that stated: " I am not sure that just being here is the "illegal" part anyway. The act of crossing illegally is a misdemeanor." That remark is rather astonishing and an example of what is wrong with here....How many of you folks out there feel like violating a national border? How many of you people accept illegal immigrants because the current political climate wants us plebes to accept this situation because…it is a "misdemeanor" ? 12 million illegal immigrants. That is insane. It ‘s a pretty big deal when you have to live with and deal with these …illegal aliens.

Euphemisms can hide a multitude of sins. As to the 3rd post on this thread that stated: " I am not sure that just being here is the "illegal" part anyway. The act of crossing illegally is a misdemeanor." That remark is rather astonishing and an example of what is wrong with here....How many of you folks out there feel like violating a national border? How many of you people accept illegal immigrants because the current political climate wants us plebes to accept this situation because…it is a "misdemeanor" ? 12 million illegal immigrants. That is insane. It ‘s a pretty big deal when you have to live with and deal with these …illegal aliens.

I sympathize with your feelings. I only try to look at the issue from as realistic POV as possible. I don't like speeders either. Especially the ones traveling 15 MPH over the limit. Those are some dangerous misdemeanors being committed. And we do try to enforce our speed laws, despite the seeming futility of it. We can only apprehend a token number of them and the rest go unpunished and we have to learn to live with them. Even so, I generally don't find myself going on and on about the illegal speeders that are ruining my life everyday even when I find myself among hoards of them speeding past me on the highway and literally risking my well being in the commission of their acts. It's still just a misdemeanor that I have to learn to live with, no matter how much it bugs me, no matter how many people die everyday from it. And the reason is simply: just like 12 million + people who broke the law to cross that border, the numbers of dangerous speeders is just more than we can wipe out. We haven't the capacity to stop it save regulating the companies who make cars. If we REALLY wanted to stop it, there is a way: only allow cars built with X amount of capacity for speed. But that affects profits and other things so we go after speeders, one by one, an utterly ineffective way to address the problem. And so it is with the illegals. Just like with traffic cops, you can try to use that sort of force against pedestrians crossing a desert if you want. It will never amount to more than a token number of the whole amount. There is a more viable solution, but just like with speeders, it involves going after bigger people that actually make the thing possible.

Forum List

Back