Have you had enough of this out of control spending??

Is Social Security unconstitutional?

Yes.. in all actuality.. it is... except when you gain activists in government who try and advance their power and don't follow what is specifically in the constitution... politicians gain power when big nanny government is allowed to get it's mitts into you in every aspect including government forced savings

And please do not try and come back with the ever-so predictable "general welfare clause" argument... when you know damn well what welfare was actually defined as in terms of the constitution... and when you also know damn well that there is a difference between general welfare and individual welfare

Rule of thumb for all posters on this board.

Anything the right wingnuts don't like is unconstitutional

Easy isn't it?

Try actually reading and comprehending what is in the constitution... it's not that many words all together.. though I know the ones that are more than three letters may cause you a bit of difficulty... I would start with the enumerated powers and a definition of what welfare referred to in the constitution

http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#WELFARE
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Last edited:
get back to me when you show it listed in the enumerated powers, you leftist winger

Yes.. in all actuality.. it is... except when you gain activists in government who try and advance their power and don't follow what is specifically in the constitution... politicians gain power when big nanny government is allowed to get it's mitts into you in every aspect including government forced savings

And please do not try and come back with the ever-so predictable "general welfare clause" argument... when you know damn well what welfare was actually defined as in terms of the constitution... and when you also know damn well that there is a difference between general welfare and individual welfare

Easy isn't it?

Easy isn't it?

you've obviously missed the christmas carol thread....:rolleyes:

Easy isn't it?

You see.. I can copy and paste too...

Try actually reading and comprehending what is in the constitution... it's not that many words all together.. though I know the ones that are more than three letters may cause you a bit of difficulty... I would start with the enumerated powers and a definition of what welfare referred to in the constitution

The Constitutional Dictionary - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Easy isn't it?

The Constitutional Dictionary - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

What the constitution says is that a court has been established to determine the constitutionality of any bill. No where in the constitution does it provide for that decision to be made on a public message board

Per the constitution the supreme court is the final word on constitutionallity.

And that is that. Keep on whining though if it suits you.

And the courts went against the constitution for power's sake.. .simply stated...

When reading the actual constitution, it is really not all that hard to comprehend... again... simply read it .. and simply understand the meanings behind the words

Funny also how when government just a little while ago put something into play that you did not agree with, you declared it unconstitutional, in spite of history and precedent... whereas I actually have the words of the constitution on my side of the argument... again.. simply show where in the enumerated powers that individual entitlement is empowered to the federal government... and please not again the meaning behind the word welfare in the context of the constitution... let me give you a little hint from the link before
Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being. [<ME wel faren, to fare well] Source: AHD

Welfare in today's context also means organized efforts on the part of public or private organizations to benefit the poor, or simply public assistance. This is not the meaning of the word as used in the Constitution.

And the courts went against the constitution for power's sake.. .simply stated...

When reading the actual constitution, it is really not all that hard to comprehend... again... simply read it .. and simply understand the meanings behind the words

Funny also how when government just a little while ago put something into play that you did not agree with, you declared it unconstitutional, in spite of history and precedent... whereas I actually have the words of the constitution on my side of the argument... again.. simply show where in the enumerated powers that individual entitlement is empowered to the federal government... and please not again the meaning behind the word welfare in the context of the constitution... let me give you a little hint from the link before
Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being. [<ME wel faren, to fare well] Source: AHD

Welfare in today's context also means organized efforts on the part of public or private organizations to benefit the poor, or simply public assistance. This is not the meaning of the word as used in the Constitution.

Sorry Dave,

I just rechecked that Constitution you just posted. It says that the courts get to decide on the Constitutionality, it doesn't mention Diamond Dave at all

Welfare

Sorry Dave,

I just rechecked that Constitution you just posted. It says that the courts get to decide on the Constitutionality, it doesn't mention Diamond Dave at all

Funny.. I still see the list of enumerated powers and does not have entitlement giver to individuals and certainly does not have health insurance provider....

As stated.. politicians, including those in the courts, have been corrupted by power to expand their power and influence, to pay off political favors, etc.... and that for too long our government has indeed stepped all over the constitution for it's own expansion

get back to me when you show it listed in the enumerated powers, you leftist winger

Yes.. in all actuality.. it is... except when you gain activists in government who try and advance their power and don't follow what is specifically in the constitution...

In other words, yes, except in the real world. you guys are hilarious. If you think that what is wrong with this country is that the wrong guys have been getting on the Supreme Court then I have the simplest of solutions for you...

...put together enough people who agree with you and elect Presidents and Senators who will put guys YOU like on the Supreme Court.

Good idea? Yes, except for the pesky problem of mathematics - there are not enough of YOU PEOPLE in America. You're a perpetual political minority and no amount of magic wand waving is going to get enough of the rest of America to decide to vote against their own beliefs ideals and opinions and sign on with you people.

Yes it does suck, doesn't it?

Yes.. in all actuality.. it is... except when you gain activists in government who try and advance their power and don't follow what is specifically in the constitution...

In other words, yes, except in the real world. you guys are hilarious. If you think that what is wrong with this country is that the wrong guys have been getting on the Supreme Court then I have the simplest of solutions for you...

...put together enough people who agree with you and elect Presidents and Senators who will put guys YOU like on the Supreme Court.

Good idea? Yes, except for the pesky problem of mathematics - there are not enough of YOU PEOPLE in America. You're a perpetual political minority and no amount of magic wand waving is going to get enough of the rest of America to decide to vote against their own beliefs ideals and opinions and sign on with you people.

Yes it does suck, doesn't it?

Yep.. guess there are a lot more entitlement junkies and people who want what government can give them with expanded power... unfortunate for our country and it's a shame

Does not change what is in the constitution that I swore to uphold as a soldier... and those like myself can fight and explain as much as possible to make our voices heard...

Again... I simply asked you to actually show me in the enumerated powers where personal entitlements are a charge of the federal government... especially keeping in mind the meaning of the term welfare within our constitution

Pity you really can't answer that in support of your entitlement mantra

They all spend like drunken sailors. They are all guilty of it and it doesn't look like its going to stop. After all, they are spending taxpayer money.

They all spend like drunken sailors. They are all guilty of it and it doesn't look like its going to stop. After all, they are spending taxpayer money.

Of course.. easy to be generous and buy lots of things when it is someone's else's monies footing the bill

Of course. When the money runs out. They will just print more. The Clowns in DC. Self serving assholes one and all.

Forum List

Back