Have you golfed 119 times in one year?

The number of people living in poverty has now reached the highest level in the 50yr history

Most of them don't pay taxes or have never paid taxes.

Really? :lol:

Everyone pays some taxes. But Those who are listed as poor indeed do not pay Federal Income taxes. The fact that they have money withheld does not mean they actually pay taxes as most of them get it all or even more than they paid in, back at tax time.

i have. is it important?
Really? Honestly? You do realize that that's fully ONE THIRD OF A YEAR?

Now, Boehner is playing at high-end resorts - every third day - spending hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Where is this money coming from? Special interests.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that he pays for it out of his hefty salary.... and there's a possibility that somebody out there is "treating" him for some favoritism. I can't imagine that EVER happening to a politician though...surely this would be a first.

I wonder what kind of secret service detail he has? Oh wait!!! that's reserved for the president....

DAMN! there I go again with those minor details....

The number of people living in poverty has now reached the highest level in the 50yr history of record-keeping. And the Hopey Changey nutters can only whine about Boehner's tan? Yea it's safe to say they're pretty out of touch at this point. Seriously people,give the Dems the boot in November.

and why is that? could it be the systematic destruction of our middle class by false theories of trickle down economics? patronage government and corporate welfare?

sure... i knew it could.

I'm sure that's how you remember it, but nobody on the Left bitched about Bush playing golf. We pointed out that HE LIED about playing golf.

"It's not about the affair with Monica, it's about Clinton LYING ABOUT IT" is the wingnut meme. You don't like it when it's turned around and used against Bush.

Yup - pathetic.

lol. Talk about revising history!

You guys did complain about Bush lying. Funny thing is you never bothered proving it. Even with the policy levels.

This is the first I've ever heard about Bush lying about playing golf. Could you tell me when he did this?

Bush Lied About Giving Up Golf: Video Proof

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

Bush said he made that decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization's high commissioner for human rights.

"I remember when de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life," he said. "I was playing golf -- I think I was in central Texas -- and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, 'It's just not worth it anymore to do.'"​

He said that in August 2003. Here's him playing golf in October 2003:

msnbc.com Video Player

you do know he's not president any more, correct?

:eusa_shhh:

since when the hell did THAT matter? It's the only dead horse they have left to beat.

I'm not sure I get the point of the post about him giving up golf in October just a month and a half AFTER the bombing. Maybe I missed something about him lying.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I failed to see their point about baseless accusations of Bush telling lies. And of course the truth isn't a policy they want to hold up in the current administration...but that's a completely different matter.

Who gives a ripe about his hobbies,The fact that he is part of the established machine in DC is what peple should be looking at.

People have to look beyond party,ether party.We need statesmen and women not career politicians.

Term limits,balanced budget would help,term limits because we can't be trusted,recent primary's come to mind,and balanced budget because the Feds can't be trusted,look at the spending by both parties.

since when the hell did THAT matter? It's the only dead horse they have left to beat.

I'm not sure I get the point of the post about him giving up golf in October just a month and a half AFTER the bombing. Maybe I missed something about him lying.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I failed to see their point about baseless accusations of Bush telling lies. And of course the truth isn't a policy they want to hold up in the current administration...but that's a completely different matter.

The only dead horse? Hardly. Check out the dozens of threads on the latest crop of loons.

Who gives a ripe about his hobbies,The fact that he is part of the established machine in DC is what peple should be looking at.

People have to look beyond party,ether party.We need statesmen and women not career politicians.

Term limits,balanced budget would help,term limits because we can't be trusted,recent primary's come to mind,and balanced budget because the Feds can't be trusted,look at the spending by both parties.

Yeah, I'm sure he pays all those green fees on his middle income salary....not!

The only dead horse? Hardly. Check out the dozens of threads on the latest crop of loons.

But you're still blaming Bush for everything...talk about loons....just sayin

But you're still blaming Bush for everything...talk about loons....just sayin

I never blamed Bush for everything. That would be like a braindead wingnut approach. I blame Bush for what Bush did.

Synthaholic said:
del said:
i have. is it important?

Now, Boehner is playing at high-end resorts - every third day - spending hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Where is this money coming from? Special interests.

Really? Honestly? You do realize that Congress take fully two thirds of the year off, or there about. So he spends about half of his time off golfing. Is there any indication whatsoever that he has missed a vote or skipped a session to golf?

i have. is it important?

Actually ace, if the courses he played were averaging 200 dollars per round in green fees(pretty expensive), that comes to just less than 24,000 dollars....... Michelle Obama took a 757 to Spain, out 757........ the round trip was over 170,000 dollars. Justify that!

Do you realize that you are using Dante as a souce for the 119?

What a fool you are.
Where am I using Dante for anything?
Your absolutely correct, It's not Dante who made the OP, it's you. You two are easy to take for one another.

My apologies.

So, where's your source for 119 rounds of golf? Your own words?
Learn to follow a thread, and you will find your answers.

Whether you understand what you read is another question.

Synthaholic said:
del said:
i have. is it important?

Really? Honestly? You do realize that Congress take fully two thirds of the year off, or there about. So he spends about half of his time off golfing. Is there any indication whatsoever that he has missed a vote or skipped a session to golf?

We should be so lucky.

But there is indication that he votes in favor of his golfing partners. And he doesn't make enough money to play where he plays, and pay for it himself.

Where am I using Dante for anything?
Your absolutely correct, It's not Dante who made the OP, it's you. You two are easy to take for one another.

My apologies.

So, where's your source for 119 rounds of golf? Your own words?
Learn to follow a thread, and you will find your answers.

Whether you understand what you read is another question.
So, where is your source for 119?

I know it's a complicated question, but I'm surprised it stumps you so much.

Forum List

Back