Have you ever taste frog's lambs or snail?

Dodax

Rookie
May 18, 2011
Metz
French food is weird but really amazing!

I'm fond of frog's lambs :razz: (sry I can't post image because of URLS yet)

And you ?

I've had snails and frog legs. Snails were pretty disappointing, they didn't really taste like much (it was gratine too, so the cheese entirely overpowered the snails). Frog legs were pretty tasty, and yeah, they taste like chicken.

Escargot is one of my favorite things.

But I've always wondered how hungry the first person must have been who cooked it up in some garlic and oil. :dunno:

Pretty hungry.

They were the same people who decided they could eat frogs. And they were starving at the time.

Hehehehehe

Yes because in french it is " cuisse (lambs) de grenouille " and not " jambe (legs) de grenouille".

Wtf is a frog lamb??
Anyway, NO...a big fat NO, I have never eaten snail, or frog legs and I do not ever intend to!!!
*blech*
Good God make me wanna hurl just thinking about it.
Frog legs maybe, but snails??
And caviar??...fish eggs! Oh for fuck's sake!
Are we meant to eat shit like that?? ~LoL~

I've tried frogs' legs once...never again for the reason Ringel noted.

Escargot are edible, but anything served with enough butter and garlic can be made so. I find them not worth the price.

I've had snails and frog legs. Snails were pretty disappointing, they didn't really taste like much (it was gratine too, so the cheese entirely overpowered the snails). Frog legs were pretty tasty, and yeah, they taste like chicken.

escargot gratine? really? i can't imagine it. the best escargot i ever had was at a restaurant that no longer exists in upstate new york called La Mingotiere. they prepared the escargot in oilive oil and garlic and covered them in a bit of puff pastry.

You people are nuts! LMAO~
Snails, ercargot, frog legs (poor froggies), fish eggs (little baby fish swimming in your tummy now).

Escargot is one of my favorite things.

But I've always wondered how hungry the first person must have been who cooked it up in some garlic and oil. :dunno:

And me!

Whenever I'm in France, I always make sure to find time to dine on escargot, and moules et frites. Two of my favorite French dishes. :eusa_drool:

I've eaten escargot many times.

Done properly it's terrific. Done badly, it's like eating garlic flavored rubber

The first time I had it was in a restaurant in Paris.

Don't recall the name of the restuarant but the place had a plaque suggesting that Victor Hugo had once lived there.

Forum List

Back