Have you ever seen a worse group of GOP candidates? I haven't.

Here's my superficial take on the GOP candidates:

Rick Perry: Reminds me of Howdy Doody. I think he's goofy - but most likeable.

Ron Paul: Too old, cranky and goofy - but I think he's by far the most genuine of the bunch. He is what he is.

Mitt Romney: Reminds me of Daffy Duck on meth. I believe nothing he says.

Newt Gingrich: Psycho! Most dangerous! In love with himself. Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). I believe nothing he says.

Jon Huntsman: Bland and irrelevant.

Rick Santorum: Religious extremist. Batshit crazy. American Taliban.

Michele Bachmann: Religious extremist. Batshit crazy - and STUPID. American Taliban. Also appears to be a chronic liar.​

I'm interested in your description of Obama...

Granted.. I expect silence on this matter...:D

Why? Is he a Republican candidate?

Ron Paul: Too old, cranky and goofy - but I think he's by far the most genuine of the bunch. He is what he is.

Newt Gingrich: Psycho! Most dangerous! In love with himself. Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). I believe nothing he says.

Michele Bachmann: Religious extremist. Batshit crazy - and STUPID. American Taliban. Also appears to be a chronic liar.​

Looks like Obama got another 4 years to finish the job

I think people are heartily sick of Barry just as they were heartily sick of Bush in 2008.

That usually means the party in power takes a hike.

No reason that won't happen in 2012. I'm beginning to think any of the GOP contenders could beat Barry.

Time will tell.

My Golden Retriever could beat Obama.

HaHa So could my 13yr old Border Collie.

I'll bet you $1000 Newt Gingrich doesn't beat Obama, if Gingrich is the nominee.

No decent candidate would run this time arround because they know Obama is going to win it.

The tea party faction of the right has made this a sure thing.

This party will die unless it can shake off these people and get a base that isnt insane.

Keep telling yourself that TDM.

Barry has a record now and it sucks.

Most of America think the country is headed in the wrong direction and to you that means Barry is gonna get another 4 years??

Don't think I'd bet the farm on that one.

Barack Obama: Reminds me of a dangerous Carter. The worst of all running in 2012.

Santa Claus and mohammed could be running but if they were republicans guess what the coyote would say.The truth is that we have never had a worse president and America is in the gravest danger it has ever been in.

Interestingly, unless I missed it, no one said that yes, they have seen a worse group of GOP candidates,

so, without objection, the OP's premise is adopted. No one has seen a worse group of GOP candidates.

No decent candidate would run this time arround because they know Obama is going to win it.

This party will die unless it can shake off these people and get a base that isnt insane.

Most of America think the country is headed in the wrong direction and to you that means Barry is gonna get another 4 years??

the national electorate is NOT the tea party

Last edited:

Most also think that Bush and the republicans gave us this mess.

They also dont want things like unemployment cut during this time.

Your party is not going to win any election by pandering to the tea party crazies.

the pandering your candidates have to do to them will make them unelectable in the general election.

They will have had to say things that will make them un desireable to the national electorate

Interestingly, unless I missed it, no one said that yes, they have seen a worse group of GOP candidates,

so, without objection, the OP's premise is adopted. No one has seen a worse group of GOP candidates.

You would have to go pretty far back

Even the last group in 2008 had McCain, Huckabee as well as Romney and Paul from this bunch

There are no "elder statesmen" in the GOP now. The guy who has been around forever and is nationally recognized. These used to be the guys who got the GOP nod
This group obviously has the GOP voters confused as they jump from one bandwagon to the next

This is the worst GOP candidate field I've ever seen - but I would say that '96 would have been worse if not for Dole.

I would say that the '88 Democratic field was worse and so, interestingly enough, was the '92 field at this point in the race.

This is the worst GOP candidate field I've ever seen - but I would say that '96 would have been worse if not for Dole.

I would say that the '88 Democratic field was worse and so, interestingly enough, was the '92 field at this point in the race.

So if the winner came from that lousy group in 92 (Clinton) then so can the winner come from this batch.

Only one can win anyway. It doesn't matter how much the rest of them suck. Juist look at the idiot they're running against. A guy that can't win unless he cheats. Democrats are just hanging on hoping he gets away with it.

Forum List

Back