Have You Ever Refused A Job

Actually, I am pretty enthused. It is nice to know what he is thinking, and that he is indeed thinking. It is better than the Kennedy years when foreign policy was determined by researches into the works of Ian Flemming.

Thge wife asked me to take the trash out this morning. I refused. Later she asked me to dry the dishes for her. I refused. Then she wanted me to run to the Post Office. I refused. About 10 minutes ago I asked her if she'd like to go upstairs and get frisky. She refused. The nerve of that woman!:(

I was doing MOSTLY computer work for a temp-placement agency back in th eearly 90's when MAINE YANKEE (nuclear power plant) had some kind of accident that needing cleaning up. They called me. I refused.

Thge wife asked me to take the trash out this morning. I refused. Later she asked me to dry the dishes for her. I refused. Then she wanted me to run to the Post Office. I refused. About 10 minutes ago I asked her if she'd like to go upstairs and get frisky. She refused. The nerve of that woman!:(

I was doing MOSTLY computer work for a temp-placement agency back in th eearly 90's when MAINE YANKEE (nuclear power plant) had some kind of accident that needing cleaning up. They called me. I refused.

I just have to ask... How does this apply to my situation?:confused:

I had a really hard time financially for a while...

I did refuse two jobs.

1) A car salesman. What scared me off is that I had to pay a sizable amount of money up front to get some certification. I believe it was $1,500 or so.

2) Driving a truck selling food. I had to pay for the truck rental.

I just had a major problem with paying to work.

I had a really hard time financially for a while...

I did refuse two jobs.

1) A car salesman. What scared me off is that I had to pay a sizable amount of money up front to get some certification. I believe it was $1,500 or so.

2) Driving a truck selling food. I had to pay for the truck rental.

I just had a major problem with paying to work.

I turned down one once with a personnel agency on the same principle. I just couldn't see spending every day at work looking at some person broke and desperate for work and telling them how much they would have to pay out of their first paycheck if I found them a job. So I went to work as a straight temp until I could find a permanent job. The temp agency assigned me to do work at a large local liquor import outfit. I wouldn't want to do that for a living, but boy was it interesting for the month I was there. :)

When I was in my last year of law school I was offered a position as a JAG. I turned it down because they didn't know where they'd send me and I was convinced I'd end up in Minot, ND.

I don't blame you. I've heard Minot is a hellhole.

I did two years ago.

After being on another site for 3 years, the site administrator asked me if I would consider becoming a moderator. I asked him for a job description and after he explained it to me, respectfully declined the opportunity.

Why have you refused a job? :)

Sure...plenty of them.

Not lately though.

Forum List

Back