Have you ever felt.....

Here is another thing.......For you "Street Tuners" I don't think you really need to have lights that blaze with the heat at the center of the Sun, or even the surface for that matter. I mean I like to see the road as well as the next guy but if your headlights BLIND me then it is likely I will end up on the worng side of the road and a part of you NEW even MORE compact car.

between here and the columbia river it is just pretty much strait aways with not many exits because it is all farm land and stupid idiots will stay in the left lane going 65 because they don't want to turn off cruise control.

Watch out Luissa, they train state troopers in Arlington.

In the left lane of any highway, the fastest speed you are legally entitled to due is the posted maximum. That means if the Max Speed Limit is 65, that is the maximum speed you can do. If a person in the right lane is doing 65, you have no reason to pass them.

If anyone had bothered to actually learned how to drive in this country, the signs say, "Slower traffic, keep right".

I've interviewed a couple of police officers for some public affairs programs, and this subject always comes up. Overwhelmingly, the police have told me that if someone is in the far left lane impeding traffic, even if they are doing the speed limit, they will be more likely to pull that person over. It may not be for speeding, but they'll look for something else.

Their reasoning is this: They are there for the safety of the motorists. A driver in the far left lane impeding traffic is more of a hazard to roadways than someone who is going with the flow of traffic. Even if that traffic is 10 miles over the posted limit. That person is making it more likely that an accident will occur and cause harm to other drivers, just because they are being a douche.

Now, you have to keep in mind we're talking about Atlanta interstates here, with 6 to 8 lanes of travel going in each direction. And the posted limits are jokes, and the cops know it. 50mph on an interstate? You'll get your ass run down by everyone if you do only that.
You are correct in the terms of safety, a highway patrol person may cite a driver going to slow in the left lane. However, each and every time that ticket can be fought and won IF, and this is the key, IF the driver is doing the posted maximum.

It does not, however, alter the fact that the maximum speed a person can travel in the left most lane of any multi-lane highway is the posted maximum. Those traveling slower then the maximum must move to the right.

Now, some states (and I agree with this law) will cite drivers for driving to slow even in the right hand lane (usually 10 mph slower then the maximum) for safety reasons.

Speeding is a pet peeve of Mine. I don't really mind the 5 mph over the max as that really is close enough to the flow of traffic that it posses no real danger. But if someone is traveling 80 in a 55 or even a 65...they pose a real threat to the people around them.

The funny thing is, I've talked to (actually have kicked their asses a few times during the conversation) some of these people who think that their going 75, 80 and even 90 mph is acceptable and that it is the people going slower who are the danger...

:eek:

I've started to make a habit of watching cars comming up behind Me. If they are coming up on Me so fast that they'll catch Me in seconds, when they are a mile behind, I'll wait until they get close and then merge in front of them just to see them hit their breaks.

da man does this...drives slow in the fast lane forcing people to pass in the right lane....his rational...o yea he has one..they all do....its the tru lane....hes doing the speed limit...now this is a major problem with me...causing me to drive most of the time....if you fuss...he will get over in the right lane for maybe 10 miles then back into the left and it does not bother him when people pass on the right....while i think its a highly dangerous thing to do....o great now the fight is on...he is now saying you do this to clear the lane for oncoming traffic coming off the ramps.....i mention he does this in the middle of bum fuck wv where there are no ramps coming on....

but this is a major thing....i would love some reason that he is totally wrong other than the fact he is....

and he likes to drive thru parking lots but take shortcuts thru parked cars...another thing i am nutzo over....he has had 3 accidents in parking lots...no he is not on the short bus....matter of fact he is at the high end of the iq scale....doesnt drive worth a shit!

roadrage.gif

to be fair and balanced: he will point out i have had perhaps 14 auto accidents....and had to go to driving school for tickets...speeding and passing on a dble yellow....and that he has never been on a high risk policy....

all valid points but i still dont drive slow in the fast lane.....or in the slow lane
WTF are you going on about?

Now the way I see it there are three possible scenarios with HID headlights....

One......You can see me from 5 miles away. Your headlights blind me as we get closer......I can not see so I drift into your lane and we have a head on collision....

Two we BOTH have HID headlights blinding BOTH of us as we approach each other......Head on collision...

Three we both have high quality headlights like Phillips Bright White headlights......We see each other from a decent distance neither of us are blinded so we pass like ships in the night.....

Now I MAY be biased due to the fact that I am somewhat light sensitive and am prone to seeing glare at night but I am quite sure that a good number of people are blinded by these HID headlights so I beleive it is a significant problem.

In the left lane of any highway, the fastest speed you are legally entitled to due is the posted maximum. That means if the Max Speed Limit is 65, that is the maximum speed you can do. If a person in the right lane is doing 65, you have no reason to pass them.

If anyone had bothered to actually learned how to drive in this country, the signs say, "Slower traffic, keep right".

I've interviewed a couple of police officers for some public affairs programs, and this subject always comes up. Overwhelmingly, the police have told me that if someone is in the far left lane impeding traffic, even if they are doing the speed limit, they will be more likely to pull that person over. It may not be for speeding, but they'll look for something else.

Their reasoning is this: They are there for the safety of the motorists. A driver in the far left lane impeding traffic is more of a hazard to roadways than someone who is going with the flow of traffic. Even if that traffic is 10 miles over the posted limit. That person is making it more likely that an accident will occur and cause harm to other drivers, just because they are being a douche.

Now, you have to keep in mind we're talking about Atlanta interstates here, with 6 to 8 lanes of travel going in each direction. And the posted limits are jokes, and the cops know it. 50mph on an interstate? You'll get your ass run down by everyone if you do only that.

You are correct in the terms of safety, a highway patrol person may cite a driver going to slow in the left lane. However, each and every time that ticket can be fought and won IF, and this is the key, IF the driver is doing the posted maximum.

I said that they ticket may not be for speeding. Failure to signal....following too close...failure to yield....all either very subjective or very hard to disprove. Fact I was trying to get across is that if you are in the far left lane, going below the speed of the flow of traffic, you are more likely to get pulled over. Even if the ticket is not for speeding.

It does not, however, alter the fact that the maximum speed a person can travel in the left most lane of any multi-lane highway is the posted maximum. Those traveling slower then the maximum must move to the right.

Now, some states (and I agree with this law) will cite drivers for driving to slow even in the right hand lane (usually 10 mph slower then the maximum) for safety reasons.

Speeding is a pet peeve of Mine. I don't really mind the 5 mph over the max as that really is close enough to the flow of traffic that it posses no real danger. But if someone is traveling 80 in a 55 or even a 65...they pose a real threat to the people around them.

Don't move to or drive in Atlanta.

One more thing....You know that watch holder on the left hand side of the steering column? Yeah it's NOT a watch holder it's a thing called a TURN SIGNAL selector. When you want to go left you pull it towards the floor of your car if you want to go right you push it up........You see this amazing little device lets you keep other drivers aware of your intentions......Try it you'll get flipped off WAY less often.

The sad truth is that maximum MPH are OUTDATED. Newer cars with anti-lock brakes better handling and crumple zones are FAR more than able to handle higher speeds. The max MPH on a highway should be more like 85-90 MPH.

And compound the potential devastation from road rage? Oh yeah, I can't wait for some yahoo to start riding my ass on the freeway doing 90 MPH.

Well if you are not in the FAR LEFT LANE then you won't have to worry about it. Heck even I get tailgated. I give them a brake tap to let them know to back off. If that doesn't work I give them the HARD tap which shows them I may stop at ANY time and they usually back off. If that doesn't work I will slow down until they get the F off my ass.

Like everyone is passing you? THEY ARE!!! Get the fuck in the far right and let people get the fuck around you. Personal peeve.

Big PET PEEVE of mine!
I swear, some stay in the left lane purposely to piss people like me off!
I travel the highway M-F and during the early morning commute when traffic is still light, I run into them all the time! Get the hell over into one of the other lanes if you want to drive like a pansy!

I'm not generally an aggressive driver, it's just I can't stand morons.

Agreed!
I travel a four-lane highway and I can't tell you how many times I've flown by ( doing 80-82 MPH ) a police officer sitting on the side of the road and he/she has done nothing. I was going with the flow of the traffic in the far-left lane.

Like everyone is passing you? THEY ARE!!! Get the fuck in the far right and let people get the fuck around you. Personal peeve.
When you live in a little back woods town like I do, this is something you NEVER have to worry about. If there's more than three cars at a stop sign, it's a traffic jam... :lol:

I love it.

When you live in a little back woods town like I do, this is something you NEVER have to worry about. If there's more than three cars at a stop sign, it's a traffic jam... :lol:

I love it.

I find the tractors and manure trucks a bitch, though.

I love it.

I find the tractors and manure trucks a bitch, though.

Yeah but they're few and far between. Nothing to get all tense about, like in the OP.

Forum List

Back