Have you abandoned the awarding of trophy points?

AngelsNDemons just sent me this trophy:

cfp-trophy-set11-620x462.jpg

I have no idea what it represents.....

Yeah, and you can also get points for starting a lot of threads. Lol.

JR should have a lot more trophy points then oy vey!

There are birthday trophies, anniversary trophies, but I just checked and I was mistaken, no starting thread trophies. However, if anyone thinks that some of these people who have accumulated a lot of trophy points are quality posters, then they need a brain scan, seriously. :D

Of course, some of them ARE good posters, but not all of them. Just check profiles and you shall see what I mean. ;)

I agree; it seems pretty much a bullshit value system. Looking over that list of "notables", one sees some that are very notable, others very forgettable, some longtime posters, some short-time -- it's all over the map. If it's gauging posters' "worth" by that formula as spelled out, as it appears, then clearly the premise isn't matching the conclusion.

Or to put it another way, the fact that XYZ company sells the most widgets is in no way a measure that XYZ's widgets are the "best", or any good at all.

Personally I don't post for the purpose of amassing numbers of "thanks" -- I post to express ideas. If everyone was agreeing with those ideas, I'd figure I was doing something wrong.

Now check the damn "thanks" thingy right over there -------------------------------------→

;)

Perhaps it is because you make the mistake of thinking the system should value your opinion more than anyone else's.
It isn't a perfect system ... And simply rates things on what others think and respond to.

In a manner of input alone ... It gauges what gets positive input ... Not your particular opinion of the input.
If you think it is a contest for a Pulitzer Prize ... It isn't ... It is only a reflection of what people go through the trouble to read and like.

Last edited:

There are birthday trophies, anniversary trophies, but I just checked and I was mistaken, no starting thread trophies. However, if anyone thinks that some of these people who have accumulated a lot of trophy points are quality posters, then they need a brain scan, seriously. :D

Of course, some of them ARE good posters, but not all of them. Just check profiles and you shall see what I mean. ;)

I agree; it seems pretty much a bullshit value system. Looking over that list of "notables", one sees some that are very notable, others very forgettable, some longtime posters, some short-time -- it's all over the map. If it's gauging posters' "worth" by that formula as spelled out, as it appears, then clearly the premise isn't matching the conclusion.

Or to put it another way, the fact that XYZ company sells the most widgets is in no way a measure that XYZ's widgets are the "best", or any good at all.

Personally I don't post for the purpose of amassing numbers of "thanks" -- I post to express ideas. If everyone was agreeing with those ideas, I'd figure I was doing something wrong.

Now check the damn "thanks" thingy right over there -------------------------------------→

;)

Perhaps it is because you make the mistake of thinking the system should value your opinion more than anyone else's.
It isn't a perfect system ... And simply rates things on what others think and respond to.

In a manner of input alone ... It gages what gets positive input ... Not your particular opinion of the input.
If you think it is a contest for a Pulitzer Prize ... It isn't ... It is only a reflection of what people go through the trouble to read and like.

Stop being a fuddy-duddy and start to enjoy this thread.

That is an order.

Thank you,

the fuddy-duddy vice patrol

^^^

This one for example. Have yet to see anything intelligent out of his pie hole. All he does is sit his fat cellar dwelling arse in the Flame Zone and insult other posters. Yeah, that's some REAL quality. :lol: Now I suppose it will go back to it's hole and start more threads. ;)

"pie hole".

That's scary.

My daughter and I, we just baked a pie a couple of days ago. You've not lived until you've had really good North German Rhubarb pie, yesirree.

Now, to mention a Homo Sapiens having a "pie hole" is an insult to Rhubarb Pies all over the world.

I thusly object!

Please replace "pie hole" with "little debby orifice".

Thank you,

the pie police.

I'll keep that in mind for the future. :D Did not mean to insult the pies.

Cuz I love to get my mouth around a delicious pie! Rhubarb pie!

My favorites, apple and cherry. :)

Jeff Davis!

Who's Jeff Davis? :dunno:

;)

In a manner of input alone ... It gages what gets positive input ... Not your particular opinion of the input.

Stop being a fuddy-duddy and start to enjoy this thread.

That is an order.

Thank you,

the fuddy-duddy vice patrol

She's a young entrepreneur, I've noticed she can be funny when she's in the mood to. :)

;)

Au contraire, chère. I have no expectations that the system should be analyzing my posts at all. I post for other posters, not a robot.

(I don't play well with robots. You should hear me on the phone with them. Particularly their use of personal pronouns. :death:)

Anyway -- my posts are not for quickie thankses. They're for deep profound rumination, the sort of brain-worm that plants itself like a seed, mixes a metaphor, and ages in the intellectual cellar like a fine wine until some day 26 years from now when you suddenly jump out of bed and go, WHAT! Yes... yes, I see.... I see it now...."

That's simply not going to be reflected in a list of "notables". Which really means "sellables".

Last edited:
Well, fellow pie eaters, gute Nacht. I must now sleep, it is past 01:00 hier in Magic Land and I have a gig in the morning. Keep those hot trophies coming in.

And Gracie, remember: chocolate side, chocolate side. Svelte. Peach cobbler eyes.

"pie hole".

That's scary.

My daughter and I, we just baked a pie a couple of days ago. You've not lived until you've had really good North German Rhubarb pie, yesirree.

Now, to mention a Homo Sapiens having a "pie hole" is an insult to Rhubarb Pies all over the world.

I thusly object!

Please replace "pie hole" with "little debby orifice".

Thank you,

the pie police.

I'll keep that in mind for the future. :D Did not mean to insult the pies.

Cuz I love to get my mouth around a delicious pie! Rhubarb pie!

My favorites, apple and cherry. :)

Jeff Davis!

Who's Jeff Davis? :dunno:

Why, only the main ingredient in Jeff Davis Pie of curse!

719797.jpg

Forum List

Back