Have you abandoned the awarding of trophy points?

I ain't here to win brownie points or gloat that I talk so damn much I get to be on the leader board as numero uno. It's stupid, lame and pretty much shows how moronic some can be when it comes to such petty shit.

I'm here to visit. Kinda like going to the local coffee shop or bar..depending on ones mood...and then leaving when the initial fun moments begin to turn shitty. Which is why boards are great for socializing. Go when you feel like it, log off when yer not.

Your top trophy points in my book Gracie.
:smiliehug:

Ditto.

I ain't here to win brownie points or gloat that I talk so damn much I get to be on the leader board as numero uno. It's stupid, lame and pretty much shows how moronic some can be when it comes to such petty shit.

I'm here to visit. Kinda like going to the local coffee shop or bar..depending on ones mood...and then leaving when the initial fun moments begin to turn shitty. Which is why boards are great for socializing. Go when you feel like it, log off when yer not.

Hey, most of my posts are related to arguing politics. Check it out. :D
Since I have been here...I think I have looked at profiles maybe 4 times. That, too, is not a biggie for me.

Well, that is how you can tell who is a quality poster, much more than "likes" received or trophy points. Some people can say "Obama sucks" and get 6 likes for that! :wink_2: True story.

Cuz that is just so "quality"....

Since I have been here...I think I have looked at profiles maybe 4 times. That, too, is not a biggie for me.

Well, that is how you can tell who is a quality poster, much more than "likes" received or trophy points. Some people can say "Obama sucks" and get 6 likes for that! :wink_2: True story.
You're kidding, right? You base "quality posters" on whatever points they have? Really? Oy

Yeah, and you can also get points for starting a lot of threads. Lol.

JR should have a lot more trophy points then oy vey!

There are birthday trophies, anniversary trophies, but I just checked and I was mistaken, no starting thread trophies. However, if anyone thinks that some of these people who have accumulated a lot of trophy points are quality posters, then they need a brain scan, seriously. :D

Of course, some of them ARE good posters, but not all of them. Just check profiles and you shall see what I mean. ;)

I'm at the bottom of the class so I can't say much. :cool-45:

Congrats to the High Trophy Pointers :tongue:

And you are one who should have higher trophy points than some of the others. :) That's what I'm talking about.

Aww Thanks ChrisL, I try to be nice to everyone most of the time but I am no good at debate on the issues like you or Emily.

I don't really contribute enough to the site I am here more for the social engaging.

You're kidding, right? You base "quality posters" on whatever points they have? Really? Oy

No, I said the opposite. You can't base it on likes or trophy points but by reading the posts. Like I said, a person can say "Obama sucks" and get 6 likes for that. That's not a quality post.

No, I said the opposite. You can't base it on likes or trophy points but by reading the posts. Like I said, a person can say "Obama sucks" and get 6 likes for that. That's not a quality post.
ok

I like pie...but only the crust. I scoop out the fruit. But I WILL force myself to eat a few peaches in a hot peach pie or cobbler. IF it has vanilla ice cream to go along with it.

No, I'm talking about that dude, Pillars.

Pillars has really hot legs. I don't think she's a guy.

I think it's a tranny. :p And how would you know, is it sending you pictures?

G-d bless USMB. Only in USMB can one go from trophy points to rhubarb pies to trannies in just 40 postings.

Creativity!

I don't like rhubarb pies. I told you, apple and cherry.

Indeed, Cherry can be delicious.

There are birthday trophies, anniversary trophies, but I just checked and I was mistaken, no starting thread trophies. However, if anyone thinks that some of these people who have accumulated a lot of trophy points are quality posters, then they need a brain scan, seriously. :D

Of course, some of them ARE good posters, but not all of them. Just check profiles and you shall see what I mean. ;)

I agree; it seems pretty much a bullshit value system. Looking over that list of "notables", one sees some that are very notable, others very forgettable, some longtime posters, some short-time -- it's all over the map. If it's gauging posters' "worth" by that formula as spelled out, as it appears, then clearly the premise isn't matching the conclusion.

Or to put it another way, the fact that XYZ company sells the most widgets is in no way a measure that XYZ's widgets are the "best", or any good at all.

Personally I don't post for the purpose of amassing numbers of "thanks" -- I post to express ideas. If everyone was agreeing with those ideas, I'd figure I was doing something wrong.

Now check the damn "thanks" thingy right over there -------------------------------------→

;)

I like pie...but only the crust. I scoop out the fruit. But I WILL force myself to eat a few peaches in a hot peach pie or cobbler. IF it has vanilla ice cream to go along with it.

Now you did it. I am lusting in my heart after Peach cobbler. With Vanilla Ice Cream and a dab of maple syrup.

Can you top that?

:tongue:
Well, I'm pretty sure I can but what pose would you like me to take? :lol:

I agree; it seems pretty much a bullshit value system. Looking over that list of "notables", one sees some that are very notable, others very forgettable, some longtime posters, some short-time -- it's all over the map. If it's gauging posters' "worth" by that formula as spelled out, as it appears, then clearly the premise isn't matching the conclusion.

Or to put it another way, the fact that XYZ company sells the most widgets is in no way a measure that XYZ's widgets are the "best", or any good at all.

Personally I don't post for the purpose of amassing numbers of "thanks" -- I post to express ideas. If everyone was agreeing with those ideas, I'd figure I was doing something wrong.

Now check the damn "thanks" thingy right over there -------------------------------------→

;)

I just got awarded this one for participating in this thread from cereal_killer . It really hurt my feelings, I better get a pie trophy and asap !

z0410055.jpg

Toro seems intelligent, but I understand that he drinks a lot of scotch.
^^^

This one for example. Have yet to see anything intelligent out of his pie hole. All he does is sit his fat cellar dwelling arse in the Flame Zone and insult other posters. Yeah, that's some REAL quality. :lol: Now I suppose it will go back to it's hole and start more threads. ;)

"pie hole".

That's scary.

My daughter and I, we just baked a pie a couple of days ago. You've not lived until you've had really good North German Rhubarb pie, yesirree.

Now, to mention a Homo Sapiens having a "pie hole" is an insult to Rhubarb Pies all over the world.

I thusly object!

Please replace "pie hole" with "little debby orifice".

Thank you,

the pie police.

I'll keep that in mind for the future. :D Did not mean to insult the pies.

Cuz I love to get my mouth around a delicious pie! Rhubarb pie!

My favorites, apple and cherry. :)

Jeff Davis!

Now you did it. I am lusting in my heart after Peach cobbler. With Vanilla Ice Cream and a dab of maple syrup.

Can you top that?

:tongue:
Well, I'm pretty sure I can but what pose would you like me to take? :lol:

Show me your chocolate side, please.

Thank you,

the peach mafia

Forum List

Back