Have we lost the ability to think? This simple problem stumps adults.

You don't even need pencil and paper for this. But apparently adults tie themselves in knots over this basic reasoning question:

6- and 7-Year-Olds Couldn't Solve This Math Test Question, and We're Not Surprised
200_s.gif

172243-Peter-Griffin-omg-who-the-hell-wFVe.jpeg

I didn't find this one hard although I am sometimes stumped by more complicated questions.

But when it comes to blacks, they can't do simple math, and when it comes to hispanics, they can't read or write english so they can't comprehend the question in the first place.

19 off 17 on is a loss of 2
so if there are now 63 after losing 2, there must have been 65 to start with.
and I find it hard to believe that the average, or any adult would be unable to come up with the simple logic for this.

But when it comes to blacks, they can't do simple math, and when it comes to hispanics, they can't read or write english so they can't comprehend the question in the first place.

Nonsense , utter nonsense .
grade averages do show this for some reason.
not utter nonsense. They might have the ability to do simple math, but on average the majority of them refuse to apply any effort to learn.,

not utter nonsense. They might have the ability to do simple math, but on average the majority of them refuse to apply any effort to learn.,

You seem to be unaware of the variables for which you are not correcting. This is leading you to illogical conclusions.

I have and work with many brilliant math and science teachers who happen to be black. I have and do teach many, many Latino students - some of whom have been learning the English language for less than a year - who can comprehend and write logically and persuasively on topics in History and English Literature more effectively and accurately than a certain someone ^^^^^^ ever likely could.

These are not anomalies , they are very bright individuals with ability, drive, support, and opportunity.

You seem to be unaware of the variables for which you are not correcting. This is leading you to illogical conclusions.
ok
Jimmy knows 4 + 4 is 8
Tyrone knows 4 + 4 is 3, or carrot
what variables came into play with Tyrone's stupid answer.

ok
Jimmy knows 4 + 4 is 8

Straw man

ok
Jimmy knows 4 + 4 is 8

Straw man
So you have no answer?
My original statement stands for now,.

Forum List

Back