Have we been reduced to--------

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
having "cram the mall in DC with people" contests as some kind of evidence of who is the more popular party ? I mean really ?? and then we analyze the demographics and the trash ?
Really ?

"We" haven't, just some people seem to feel validated by all that crap, just like posting 25 threads about poll numbers et al.

It keeps 'em off the streets I guess~

having "cram the mall in DC with people" contests as some kind of evidence of who is the more popular party ? I mean really ?? and then we analyze the demographics and the trash ?
Really ?

So let it be written, so shall it be done.

at least til we get them out of power.

Aw, let 'em have their fun. Even been to a protest march, dilloduck? Very heady experience. I dun begrudge anyone...that's what the Mall is for.

At least MLK's speech is getting re-read. Mebbe some of it will sink in, eh?

"We" haven't, just some people seem to feel validated by all that crap, just like posting 25 threads about poll numbers et al.

I was using the royal "we" to comment on how as a country WE get bombarded with this shit. Anyone wanting to bitch about the shape our country is in can start looking here.
People are willing to cram themselves onto the DC Mall like it was a Volkswagon but unwilling to help out their neighbor.

I was using the royal "we" to comment on how as a country WE get bombarded with this shit. Anyone wanting to bitch about the shape our country is in can start looking here.
People are willing to cram themselves onto the DC Mall like it was a Volkswagon but unwilling to help out their neighbor.

Amen my brother, Amen.

Aw, let 'em have their fun. Even been to a protest march, dilloduck? Very heady experience. I dun begrudge anyone...that's what the Mall is for.

Heady experience ? Oh please.

Only if they were stoned out of their minds maybe.

Naw, I felt that-a-way at other public love fests long after I quit getting stoned. I think you are being a buzz-killer, dilloduck.

Really ?

Yes.

Most of us dance well when others pull the strings.

Naw, I felt that-a-way at other public love fests long after I quit getting stoned. I think you are being a buzz-killer, dilloduck.

I'll tell you what kills my buzz--------Idiotic hyper partisan bullshit giving people the illusion that they are making a difference.

Last edited:
Just another opportunity for people to demonstrate their competitive nature.

and to pretend they are making a difference.

Do you think it does more harm than good?? Anything can be taken to an extreme, but apathy also sucks.

Creates false hopes--people hang out at the mall for a day and convince themselves they accomplished something other than being a number.

and to pretend they are making a difference.

Do you think it does more harm than good?? Anything can be taken to an extreme, but apathy also sucks.

Apathy is no good.

But thinking you're "fighting the good fight" by calling people names on the internet isn't good either.

Don't think that folks who didn't cram the mall are apathetic. Turning this into a competition only serves to make people so stubborn that they will lie through their teeth to win.

Forum List

Back