Have The Religious Zealouts of the Right Wing Completely Lost Their Minds?

Christian Group Accuses GOP of "Political Gang Rape" Against Todd Akin | Mother Jones

I mean seriously, have they lost their cotton pickin' minds!?!??!??

When will it stop?

What is it Marc? Twenty threads on this Akin thing, and not a word of Obama's accomplishments? If you don't see the desperation, I hope you don't fall off the deep end come November.
Obama has and is doing a bang up job, I'm not worried about him.

I'm worried about the increasingly radical and unstable far right fringe of the Republican party.

Christian Group Accuses GOP of "Political Gang Rape" Against Todd Akin | Mother Jones

When will it stop?

What is it Marc? Twenty threads on this Akin thing, and not a word of Obama's accomplishments? If you don't see the desperation, I hope you don't fall off the deep end come November.

I'm worried about the increasingly radical and unstable far right fringe of the Republican party.

You pussy

You pussy

Oh, the intelligence, the incredible erudite reply:badgrin:

When will it stop?

Perhaps you should worry about all those people out of work.

When will it stop?

Marc, it'll stop when one of two things happens:

The R party self destructs because of it

Or...

They realize the've lost so many people (like myself) who are now voting for Democrats because they got so fucking crazy and tea-drunk with this nonsense.

Perhaps you should worry about all those people out of work.

Oh my. Now you are worried. Where you when Bushie Baby had us bleeding 750,000 jobs a month? A least now the job numbers are positive, even if positively anemic.

When will it stop?

Well, here we have:

American Vision, a Christian nonprofit formed to "restore America to its biblical foundation,"

complaining that:

We expect leftists, liberals, and other miscreants to pounce opportunistically, to lie, cheat, and twist (all the while drooling) over a phrase like "legitimate rape" when uttered by a strong conservative Christian politician. But should we expect the same from alleged conservatives?

And the discussion is now correctly on the path the word "legitimate," as it pertains to "rape" should have been focused on to begin with.

This brand of crazy not only want to eliminate the currently legal access to abortion (as well as all any any other reproductive health care services that, among other things, would make abortion less necessary), but they also want to redefine what "rape" is

According to their "biblical foundation," rape is not something that can be committed against a wife by her husband. Women had to get the vote before certain laws were put on the books protecting wives against such things, as well as to force responding officers and the courts to stop treating beatings and abuse as "family matters."

Remember a couple of months back when we were discussing how new laws were being suggested that changed the language of a rape "victim" to an "accuser" until a perpetrator was found guilty? That pretty well falls in line with the rest of this.

Have The Religious Zealouts of the Right Wing Completely Lost Their Minds?

Yes, they have! I'm 65, and I've never seen anything like it. When will it stop? Good question...

Barry Goldwater nailed it.

goldwater-last-sane-gop.jpg

Rise of the Religious Right in the Republican Party

But hey, if you all can decide that a rape victim isn't a victim of a rape until there is someone convicted of the crime, maybe for your next trick you can redefine "no" to mean "maybe," until a woman is "persuaded" to see things another way.

By her "legitimate" husband...

Forum List

Back