Have the Obama Lies worked?

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
As anybody with a brain has been able to see over the past half a year the administration has been lying and lying and lying about the economy. They have manipulated numbers and worded press releases from Washington to make people think that there is improvement across the board in the economy. If you take the time to look at the actual numbers from the data, you know that it is all odoriferous Bullshit so that none can abide the odor thereof.

We all saw the manipulation of the Unemployment Insurance Claims numbers. When they took a nosedive in September, that went against the Obama plan to claim that HIS actions would gradually bring down the numbers, so in September he kept the artificial number that is reported to the public up where it was just a few weeks before. He then gradually reduced the number of claims reported by the states to create the impression that his program was working. It was not as you could plainly see as actual Unemployment Insurance Claims were going UP and UP and UP and UP and UP. Eventually I stopped adding to the chart as the point was obvious, we were rapidly falling into Depression and Obama was lying about it every day.
OBAMALIES.jpg

The important things like New Home Construction and Factory Construction and Factory Orders are still on the Bottom as house and building prices continue their collapse all across the land.

LOSTTRILLIONS.png

NEWHOUSESALESINAMERICA.jpg

MILLIONSUI.jpg

INDUSTRIALPRODUCTIONATENDOFYEAR.jpg

Noam Neusner: I'm the President's Trusted Counselor - WSJ.com

Some people get quoted in presidential speeches by writing heartfelt letters to the president about personal loss, or by doing something heroic, like landing a plane in the icy Hudson River.

I just sit in the Oval Office, and mouth off to President Barack Obama, one inanity after the next. And sure enough, my words—word for word, mind you!—show up in his biggest speeches.

Who am I? Sotus—Straw man of the United States. I'm Mr. Obama's most trusted rhetorical friend.

In his speeches, Mr. Obama says there are "those" who suggest we "can meet our enormous tests with half-steps and piecemeal measures." He suggests there are "some" who are content to let America's economy become, at best, "number two." He says that on health care, "some people" think we should do nothing.

Listen, there is no "some people." He's just quoting me, Sotus.

Why, just a few weeks ago, I said: "Hey, Mr. President, you know, why don't we just fight tired old battles, run up the deficit, and, you know, just chuck common sense to the wind?" Imagine my thrill when I heard Mr. Obama during the recent State of the Union: "Rather than fight the same tired battles that have dominated Washington for decades, it's time to try something new. Let's invest in our people without leaving them a mountain of debt. Let's meet our responsibility to the citizens who sent us here. Let's try common sense." Ouch, Mr. President, you got me there!

And then there was the nice talk we had right before that historic January afternoon, when he was sworn in. I turned to him and said: "Mr. President-elect, our system of government can really only tolerate small plans, and limited ambitions." Think how good it felt to hear my own words echoing across the Mall: "There are some who question the scale of our ambitions, who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. Their memories are short, for they have forgotten what this country has already done." Good one, Mr. President!

A few days later, as we were shooting baskets, I said: "Mr. President, you know, I think that in the face of the biggest financial crisis in three generations, you should really do nothing."

And sure enough, at a press conference on Feb. 9, 2009, he quoted me: "There seems to be a set of folks who—I don't doubt their sincerity—who just believe that we should do nothing . . . I don't think that's what the American people expect, is for us to stand by and do nothing." They don't? Guess I lose again!

And you know, I'm not just about policy. I also care a lot about presidential leadership. My preference: Go slower. Do less. Don't try so hard. Don't care so much. Don't be so bold.

Conservatives cry foul when they hear me quoted. They can't imagine anyone is saying the things that Mr. Obama stands up as arguments that he proceeds to knock down. Of course, they haven't met Sotus.

Some say Mr. Obama should make a stronger case for his opponents' positions than his own. The cynics think straw-man arguments by definition prove that the speaker has no proof or logic on his side. Some would force presidential speechwriters to choose between a nifty setup for a zinger and boring rhetoric that puts audiences to sleep.

See, this straw man thing is pretty easy. I just rattled off three of them. Maybe I need to give some of this material to the big guy. He's been saying he needs more material on false choices

Now, we are looking to see if Obama is going to back off of the campaign of outrageous lies and start to tell the American people the truth about the economy. They may have worked to brainwash the few into believing that it is all getting better and they may infect the rest of America into believing that all is getting better. Perhaps it is true that if enough people believe they will spend their savings and help revive the economy? I doubt it, but what the hell.

I am waiting for Goldman Sachs to tank the stock market again so they can make Trillions off of their Negative Derivative positions. As Goldman goes, with their derivatives, so goes the world. If Goldman is allowed to win "that way" by this corrupt administration I think we will see civil war in this country. Obama actually endorsed the outrageous profits the Bankers have awarded theirselves in a speech yesterday. Just a confirmation that he is still in bed with them. He outright proclaimed that the bankers are just like Pro Basketball stars and they deserve the hundreds of millions they earn. Boy, is he fucked up in the head.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back