Have Republicans forgotten how to negotiate?

The fiscal cliff: Have Republican forgotten how to negotiate? - The Week

We became so accustomed to Obama's earlier habit of making preemptive concessions that the very idea he'd negotiate in a perfectly normal way amazed much of Washington," says E.J. Dionne in The Washington Post. As they have for the past four years, Republicans "seem to hope a deal will be born by way of immaculate conception, with Obama taking ownership of all the hard stuff while they innocently look on." But after the election, it's a different card game now, and Obama is holding a much better hand. In other words, says Paul Krugman at The New York Times, "Obama has demanded that the GOP put up or shut up — and the response is an aggrieved mumble."

you're right about the president making it easy for them before by negotiating against himself.

but i actually feel badly for boehner. i think he's an okay guy and would make a deal in a second

except for his teatards.

We became so accustomed to Obama's earlier habit of making preemptive concessions that the very idea he'd negotiate in a perfectly normal way amazed much of Washington," says E.J. Dionne in The Washington Post. As they have for the past four years, Republicans "seem to hope a deal will be born by way of immaculate conception, with Obama taking ownership of all the hard stuff while they innocently look on." But after the election, it's a different card game now, and Obama is holding a much better hand. In other words, says Paul Krugman at The New York Times, "Obama has demanded that the GOP put up or shut up — and the response is an aggrieved mumble."

you're right about the president making it easy for them before by negotiating against himself.

but i actually feel badly for boehner. i think he's an okay guy and would make a deal in a second

except for his teatards.

ya know there was a democrap talking ass on Fox just a few minutes ago,, he actually called him "boner" right on TV. I almost rolled off the couch. you guys are all pussy headed bat shit crazy. all of ya.

except for his teatards.

No, I'll post it again.

“But if we’re all striving for a solution, I’m confident we can get there. Mr. President, this is your moment. We’re ready to be led, not as Democrats or Republicans, but as Americans. We want you to lead — not as a liberal or a conservative, but as the president of the United States of America. We want you to succeed. Let’s challenge ourselves to find the common ground that has eluded us.”

Read more: John Boehner:

to obama, there is no such thing as negotiation. There is accepting whatever he says, like any dictator. Republicans would do well to walk away and let him do whatever he wants. Prepare for the coming collapse.

great advice!!! That is exactly why the republicans got their asses handed to them in the election. They want their own way like a bunch of spoiled brats. I would say they have learned nothing from the ass handing.

obama's a liar.

He campaigned on $800b in new taxes and some spending cuts, his opening "offer" was $1.6t in new taxes and a spending increase.

Obama's a liar

$blah.jpg

To obama, there is no such thing as negotiation. There is accepting whatever he says, like any dictator. Republicans would do well to walk away and let him do whatever he wants. Prepare for the coming collapse.

Great advice!!! That is exactly why the Republicans got their asses handed to them in the election. They want their own way like a bunch of spoiled brats. I would say they have learned nothing from the ass handing.

Everyone who gets held up in an alley is a spoiled brat. How dare they want to keep what they have! It's unamerican.

Republicans would do themselves well to just walk out. Don't agree. Agreement would let obama say that it must have been a good idea, republicans agreed, his failed policies had bi-partisan support. obama should not be permitted to spread the blame around. Republicans lost the presidential election because the nation has tipped into being more leeches than leech hosts. Still, at least 48% of the population opposes obama. More if you count those who voted for someone other than Romney and those who didn't vote at all. obama needs to own what he's doing.

Gee, I hope they don't do that!!! It would really make them look good. Oh, I'm worried.

except for his teatards.

ya know there was a democrap talking ass on Fox just a few minutes ago,, he actually called him "boner" right on TV. I almost rolled off the couch. you guys are all pussy headed bat shit crazy. all of ya.

Willow, be careful!!! You really cannot afford to hit your head.

Forum List

Back