Have any of you disowned a gay child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2017
Title says it all.
The question is aimed at parents.
Do you have any gay children, and if so, have you disconnected from them or disowned them in any way?
Have you cut off communications with them entirely, or say perhaps, did you refuse to attend their gay wedding, or did you cut off financial support or school tuition?
Anything along those lines.

We've already no doubt seen several discussion threads where gay people have discussed being cut off or disowned by their parents, so now I'd like to see if anyone from the parental side is willing to discuss their side of the issue.

MY own VIEWS are NOT as IMPORTANT, because as it turns out, both my kids are apparently hetero.
For the record, both of us would support/stand by either of our kids if they turned out to be gay, but they are hetero, so I am much more interested in hearing from those who do not share that view, watching the discussion develop between the other members.

You don’t have to worry about a gay daughter being a teen pregnancy statistic.

• Banned

I'm sort of expecting a few supportive parents of gay kids to speak up but I'm betting few if any from the other side of the coin will say much, not PARENTS, anyway.

I'm not so much interested in hearing what people would think IF they had a gay kid as much as hearing from those who DO have one (or more than one) and who have cut them off, or tried to force them into conversion groups, or peppered them with disapproval, or threatened to leave them out of the will, or disconnected from them entirely.
Specifically, I am looking to hear from parents who are proud of having made the decision to never speak to their gay child again, or who rarely if ever speak to them except in an emergency.

Since I do not HAVE a gay kid, it makes very little sense for ME to pass judgment, because I have zero authority and my own opinion is just my personal opinion.
I want to hear what their opinions are.

I'm sort of expecting a few supportive parents of gay kids to speak up but I'm betting few if any from the other side of the coin will say much, not PARENTS, anyway.

I'm not so much interested in hearing what people would think IF they had a gay kid as much as hearing from those who DO have one (or more than one) and who have cut them off, or tried to force them into conversion groups, or peppered them with disapproval, or threatened to leave them out of the will, or disconnected from them entirely.
Specifically, I am looking to hear from parents who are proud of having made the decision to never speak to their gay child again, or who rarely if ever speak to them except in an emergency.

Since I do not HAVE a gay kid, it makes very little sense for ME to pass judgment, because I have zero authority and my own opinion is just my personal opinion.

Why?

• Banned

Why?

Why not?
Many members on this forum have extremely strong religious or moral views on a great many issues, yes?
We all know about the many who WOULD BE extremely upset IF they HAD a gay child.
Tank (user:Tank) just popped in to register his opinion but did not venture into whether he actually HAS any gay kids, or kids at all.
THIS THREAD is a chance for all those who DO HAVE gay children to explain why they may have disconnected from them.

Why not hear them out?

Title says it all.
The question is aimed at parents.
Do you have any gay children, and if so, have you disconnected from them or disowned them in any way?
Have you cut off communications with them entirely, or say perhaps, did you refuse to attend their gay wedding, or did you cut off financial support or school tuition?
Anything along those lines.

We've already no doubt seen several discussion threads where gay people have discussed being cut off or disowned by their parents, so now I'd like to see if anyone from the parental side is willing to discuss their side of the issue.

MY own VIEWS are NOT as IMPORTANT, because as it turns out, both my kids are apparently hetero.
For the record, both of us would support/stand by either of our kids if they turned out to be gay, but they are hetero, so I am much more interested in hearing from those who do not share that view, watching the discussion develop between the other members.

My daughters godmother is a lesbian so I would guess no...

Nope......and I don't have any children that grew up to be pedophiles.....practice beastiality or are ax murderers.

Just curious, do you believe that it's "normal" to crave the intimacy of those of the same gender? That homosexuality should be placed on the same level as that of a man and a woman? Just curious.........

Why?

Why not?
Many members on this forum have extremely strong religious or moral views on a great many issues, yes?
We all know about the many who WOULD BE extremely upset IF they HAD a gay child.
Tank (user:Tank) just popped in to register his opinion but did not venture into whether he actually HAS any gay kids, or kids at all.
THIS THREAD is a chance for all those who DO HAVE gay children to explain why they may have disconnected from them.

Why not hear them out?

There are a plethora or reasons for parents and children to be estranged beside a gay lifestyle.

I suspect your more interested in bolstering your own prejudices against religious people than actually trying to understand an issue.

Why?

Why not?

Why not hear them out?

There are a plethora or reasons for parents and children to be estranged beside a gay lifestyle.

I suspect your more interested in bolstering your own prejudices against religious people than actually trying to understand an issue.

Nope. I am not "religious" in the traditional sense but if anyone in my family or if any of my friends invited me to go to church, or temple, I'd go out of respect for them.
Is it tough for you to actually believe that I have more legit reasons than just sniping at religious people?
If I want to just do that, it would be much easier for me to just construct a thread focused on doing nothing but sniping at them.

But that is not debate, and I do not have an interest in being good at trolling.

Unless eating poop and drinking urine is enjoyed by all, I'd have to imagine that most parents of gays worry regarding the health and welfare of such a child.

That would suck to have gay kid
But you don't personally have a gay child?
No

Having a kid changes you.
I could go on for many pages but all I need to say is just what I wrote.
I guarantee you anyone else here who has kids is going to be nodding in agreement about that, it totally changes everything about who and what you are.

It doesn't change you that much except grow up to become a republican ..

What your kids do is what they do, you have to pay for their quirks , either band lessons, karate, take them to football practice or what ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back