Have a nice weekend

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Off to give my mother away at her wedding(along with my brother, we'll be walking her down the aisle), have a great weekend everyone!

Except for OCA;) , may the fleas of 1000 camels nest in thy [fill in the blank]...

Cheers,
James

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Have fun! I'm sure OCA will have flamed you many times over upon your return! :D

Thank you.

How many ways can OCA call me gay? Thought I'd put the flamer to the test...:rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by nycflasher
Off to give my mother away at her wedding(along with my brother, we'll be walking her down the aisle), have a great weekend everyone!

Except for OCA;) , may the fleas of 1000 camels nest in thy [fill in the blank]...

Cheers,
James

James aka Flasher, have fun and read well. Wish I was there for the tapas!

Originally posted by nycflasher

Cheers,
James

I love weddings.... when they're someone else's... :D

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I love weddings.... when they're someone else's... :D

He-he-he.
Thanks for the blessings, all.

I'm going to cut and paste a p.m. I just sent as I NEED to take a nap.

A wonderful wedding weekend full of family, friends and festivities.
I went with the following poem as a reading prior to their exchange of vows, after much thought:

Fidelity
by D.H. Lawrence

Man and woman are like the earth, that brings forth flowers
in summer, and love, but underneath is rock.
Older than flowers, older than ferns, older than foraminiferae,
older than plasm altogether is the soul underneath.
And when, throughout all the wild chaos of love
slowly a gem forms, in the ancient, once-more-molten rocks
of two human hearts, two ancient rocks,
a man's heart and a woman's,
that is the crystal of peace, the slow hard jewel of trust,
the sapphire of fidelity.
The gem of mutual peace emerging from the wild chaos of love.

----

Completely by accident, as I was reading this poem, I turned to my mother and Mike just as I said the words "two ancient rocks"(they are 55 and 60, respectively). This elicited a torrent of laughter from the audience. I wasn't sure why they were laughing, thought I messed up a word or something. Then I realized the implication that they were two "ancient rocks." :D
Well, nice to make people laugh when I wasn't even trying.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words.
Naptime.

-James

That's too cute James..I'm glad you had a great weekend..Hope everyone else did too..God knows I sure did and it's not even over with yet..:cof:

Forum List

Back