Have a Happy Easter..

S

Sandy73

Hope the Easter Bunny is good to each and every one of you !

Don't eat too much candy !

Hey Lanyce we are having a Easter crawfish boil !!! :clap1:

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Sandy - better get on that plane soon and get up here and make me some crawfish!

Happy Easter to ya'll too!

I have stayed up all nite (grrrrrrr-lol) playing easter bunny and preparing today's easter dinner.

We're having crown roast of lamb with polish stuffing (which Ive never made in my life, God help me), grilled asparagus with roasted garlic and lemon, jackson salad and rosemary roasted potatoes. For desert Ive made a trifle with raspberries and grand marnier (grrrrr those things are soooo bastardly to make) and a peach jello cream pie for the kids because 'like, they wont TOUCH that trifle crap'. LOL

The kids wanted not only regular eggs dyed - which we did. But they wanted the jello jiggler eggs too. Well I only have one mold and couldnt find another, so Ive made those things until I never want to see jello again. every. blah.

I know that DK is going to get pissy because I was up all nite and didnt wake him to help, so if you dont hear from me after today..... lol.

What is everyone else doing for today?

Have a WONDERFUL Easter, everyone!

Many, Many Blessings,
Lanyce

awwwwww - Im an only child and have no contact with my parents by choice (they live in another state anyway)

DKs parents live far away. So our family holiday gatherings are the family we've created :)

Have fun Jim!

Oh, it should be fun alright! Thank God John will not be here to get the kids riled up more than they already are! I'm still finding Jelly Beans from the war he started with the kids last year! And yes, I was dumb enough to buy more Jelly Beans! I am making a turkey and a ham - turnips, mashed potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and God knows what else. Oh, yes, we're also having deviled eggs and german potato salad (for sandwich time after dinner). Should be a fun filled day, good to have the family together, but we will miss John and his crew! By the way - Happy Birthday to my own Little Bunny! Today is Sir Evil's Birthday!

LOL - Sir Evil sounds like he is just a big kid himself.

SOunds like youre going to have quite a crowd and quite a spread! How wonderful :)

Have a great time and make Jim do da dishes! :p:

:cof:

Originally posted by Joan
Oh, it should be fun alright! Thank God John will not be here to get the kids riled up more than they already are! I'm still finding Jelly Beans from the war he started with the kids last year! And yes, I was dumb enough to buy more Jelly Beans! I am making a turkey and a ham - turnips, mashed potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and God knows what else. Oh, yes, we're also having deviled eggs and german potato salad (for sandwich time after dinner). Should be a fun filled day, good to have the family together, but we will miss John and his crew! By the way - Happy Birthday to my own Little Bunny! Today is Sir Evil's Birthday!

Damn, sounds like you cooked up a storm there, hope the potato salad and deviled eggs and stuffing didn't exert you too much making it!!!!! :finger:

Originally posted by jimnyc
My Dad is in Florida but I only need to travel about an hour into NJ to be with my Mom.

Being alone with your 'created' family is a blessing as well. There are many people that have no one to share the holidays with and nowhere to go. Those of us that have loved ones to share these times with are truly blessed.

Ok, I hate sounding pathetic. Let me add that I always throw food at my sister at holiday dinners and today will be no different! :D

Hope you have fun too!

Dream on buddy! I will give you throw food! this year, Jordan will for sure learn how to throw the stuffing at Daddy! hahahah!

Just as there are NO WIRE HANGERS - there will also be NO FOOD FIGHTS!! If you throw it, you will clean it! The pizza parlor is closed Jim so you're SOL, and as for beer, german or any other - I had my fill of that in High School, and never want to smell it again - ever play Thumper and lose? It is sad! James, if you want wine, I suggest you bring it.

I guess Janeen was hinting for me to tell you that she made the stuffing - I boiled the eggs, and she took them home to make the deviled eggs (minus the ones we ate).

damn, im going to spend my easter looking for a fax machine! looks like its me and bk today....lol

Originally posted by KLSuddeth

We're having crown roast of lamb with polish stuffing (which Ive never made in my life, God help me), grilled asparagus with roasted garlic and lemon, jackson salad and rosemary roasted potatoes. For desert Ive made a trifle with raspberries and grand marnier (grrrrr those things are soooo bastardly to make) and a peach jello cream pie for the kids because 'like, they wont TOUCH that trifle crap'. LOL
Yummy, I want to be at your house for Easter.

Originally posted by Dan
Happy Easter everyone! I'm making Tuna Helper for me and my roommate later! :D

Gee Dan, couldn't you even atleast get deli meat, turkey, TUNA HELPER??? guess better than nothing, so happy easter anyway.

OCA, I am coming to your house! hahahahha

toss another lamby on the fire OCA..you be having lots of company today!!!! sounds like you are giving the locals an education about ouzo. and early in the morning, Oh Boy!

I spent my with my family (how fun) and didn't do to much.. but i didn't get a easter basket this year..i feel so unspecial..:cry: I think no one likes me anymore..Anyway hope everyone had a great day..

Happy Easter

I didn't get a basket either but I will be hitting my kids basket soon !! :D

We had out annual crawfish boil and I should be posting pics of the event soon ! :cof:

I am not too sure who does get any baskets anymore! Was always fun digging into the kids baskets though!

Forum List

Back