Have a 30 yr oldTV with no DRAMA ISSUES

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
works every time

My computer works most of the time (bang-bang-bang) butother times it nightmare slow -response - forno particular reason

I don't understand the off-and on-perf of my computer.

Usually it is bang bang bang - but then out of the blue it slows up.

Is malware some sort of virus?????

I do have anti-virus protection.

I don't understand the off-and on-perf of my computer.

Usually it is bang bang bang - but then out of the blue it slows up.

Is malware some sort of virus?????

I do have anti-virus protection.

Anti-virus "protection" is arguable.
First - almost every single "virus" ever written does not work. I will say that again - 99.9% of all viruses NEVER DO ANY HARM.
And those very few that do - almost always will infect your computer whether you have virus protection or not. That's a fact that virus protection software makers - don't want you to know. All virus protection software does is slow your computer to a crawl.
If you operate your computer in a safe manner - you don't need crappy virus protection, since it doesn't work anyway.
Having said that - your biggest worry is not viruses - but malware and spyware. These DO work and can render your computer damn near useless.
To stop those - install "Adaware" (by Lavasoft) or spybot. Both work pretty well.

To use your computer completely worry free and YEARS of operation as fast as the day you bought it - don't use Windows. Go here - > Homepage | Ubuntu

Usually shutting down my 5 year old computer works. (most of the time is in standy mode)

If it really gets bad - I do a system restore. Always works.

Nortan is GARBAGE - like pouring sand in your computer.

Forum List

Back