Hats off to the Giants AND the Patriots for Darned Good SB Game

OK, I confess that I have long hated the NE Patriots. They are like the New York Yankees of the NFL: so much money, resources, players and coaching genius that I just hated them. I hated them worse than the Oakland Raiders or the Philthydelphia Iggles. There are so many times I have watched the Tube and hoped to see Brady get turned into a red smear on the turf that I cant even attempt to estimate them all. I have often considered buying a NE Patriot jersey just so I could take it to the gun range, shoot it up and then burn it in the trash barrel.

But after watching them lose two super bowls with the class and dignity that they continue to show and I am feeling kind of soft-hearted toward them now. Even sympathetic.

The Patriots just never give up, they never stop giving it their very best. They are so professional, so calm and steady that I just have to admit that I kind of admire them as an organization and the style they have. Belichik has got to be one of the top three coaches alive today, and I have to admit that alot of my hate has been motivated by jealousy that my team, the Dallas Cowboys, havent had much in the coaching department primarily because Jerry Jones wants to run the show and what good coach would put up with that kind of crap from an owner?

I am officially removing the Patriots from the top of my shit-list. I actually like them, kind of now. Guess their my favorite team that's not in the NFC East.

And congratulations to the Giants for another Super Bowl. Eli Manning is a Quarteback demi-god.

Even though I predicted that "my" Patriots would lose (on a different thread), it still HURTS to see them lose the way they did.

ya mean the way Brady got hit for a safety on the Patriots' first play of the game...?

or the way Bradshaw stopped short, turned around and planted his butt in the end zone on the Giants' last play of the game... and said "oops, I made a touchdown..."

Tebow is a poser

Yewp, haters keep on hatin'!

Tebow is among the elite of his proffession, having won an NFL play off game.

Can you say the same?

Hundreds of QBs have won playoff games. God just happens to like Eli more than he likes Tebow

Hundreds of quarterbacks have not won NFL playoff games, which is what I said.

Like have you accomplished anything remotely similar in your prefossion?

OK, I confess that I have long hated the NE Patriots. They are like the New York Yankees of the NFL: so much money, resources, players and coaching genius that I just hated them. I hated them worse than the Oakland Raiders or the Philthydelphia Iggles. There are so many times I have watched the Tube and hoped to see Brady get turned into a red smear on the turf that I cant even attempt to estimate them all. I have often considered buying a NE Patriot jersey just so I could take it to the gun range, shoot it up and then burn it in the trash barrel.

But after watching them lose two super bowls with the class and dignity that they continue to show and I am feeling kind of soft-hearted toward them now. Even sympathetic.

The Patriots just never give up, they never stop giving it their very best. They are so professional, so calm and steady that I just have to admit that I kind of admire them as an organization and the style they have. Belichik has got to be one of the top three coaches alive today, and I have to admit that alot of my hate has been motivated by jealousy that my team, the Dallas Cowboys, havent had much in the coaching department primarily because Jerry Jones wants to run the show and what good coach would put up with that kind of crap from an owner?

I am officially removing the Patriots from the top of my shit-list. I actually like them, kind of now. Guess their my favorite team that's not in the NFC East.

And congratulations to the Giants for another Super Bowl. Eli Manning is a Quarteback demi-god.

Even though I predicted that "my" Patriots would lose (on a different thread), it still HURTS to see them lose the way they did.

ya mean the way Brady got hit for a safety on the Patriots' first play of the game...?

or the way Bradshaw stopped short, turned around and planted his butt in the end zone on the Giants' last play of the game... and said "oops, I made a touchdown..."

I suspect we will be seeing that last touchdown for decades in highlight video, lol.

I thought it was a mediocre game played by two mediocre teams (by Super Bowl standards anyways.)

The half-time show was mediocre, to say the least - a 50 year-old woman dressed up like a cheerleader, c'mon!. Even the adds were mediocre.

The end was good though.

This.

Giant fans probably feel different and rightly so, but there was nothing spectacular about this years super bowl.

I was rooting against the NYG all thru the post season. Eli is maybe the most under rated QB in the league. He was just outstanding the last two games in particular.

Yewp, haters keep on hatin'!

Tebow is among the elite of his proffession, having won an NFL play off game.

Can you say the same?

Hundreds of QBs have won playoff games. God just happens to like Eli more than he likes Tebow

Hundreds of quarterbacks have not won NFL playoff games, which is what I said.

Like have you accomplished anything remotely similar in your prefossion?

The NFL has been around for over eighty years....that's a lot of playoff games. Tebow winning one game is insignificant

Only 11 QBs have won two or more SuperBowls. Eli is one of them

this game could have gone either way.when these two teams meet you can always count on an excting game that comes down to the wire.when Brady completed that pass on 4th and 15 picking up 19 yards,I was worried there when he threw that hail mary.I was clutching my hands sweating.with Tom Brady nothing is ever over till its over.Plus I was thinking at that time about the Packers and Giants came when Eli threw a hail mary into the endzone before halftime and his receiver caught it.remembering that.I knew anything could happen.

Yeah it is so amazing game and i was not familiar with this game before but when i checked the trailer
i become a fan of this game.

Lawrence Tynes should have been co MVP with Manning.His clutch field goal kicks in the game were the difference maker and the Giants needed EVERYONE of them to win.

Lawrence Tynes should have been co MVP with Manning.His clutch field goal kicks in the game were the difference maker and the Giants needed EVERYONE of them to win.

Tynes made easy FGs

If anything, Steve Weatherford, the punter deserved credit for continually landing punts inside the ten. He was responsible for that first safety and keeping NE pinned down all day

Last edited:

Tynes made easy FGs

If anything, Steve Weatherford, the punter deserved credit for continually landing punts inside the ten. He was responsible for that first safety and keeping NE pinned down all day

okay I'll go with that.He for sure should have been co MVP easily.

Forum List

Back