Hatred

There's so much hate expressed on this board.

People are looking for somebody to blame.

Some of us blame the poor, some of the rich, some of us government, some of us corporations and on and on and on.

And we can all find plenty of data to support our own personal POVs, too.

But what most of us must do is IGNORE evidence that doesn't support our POVs.

And your evidence for that is?

Just because someone doesn't accept your evidence doesn't mean that they ignored it.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to believe anyone ever feels "coldly rejected" by Sky Dancer, Avatar. Nobody strives harder to be nice to people she disagrees with, IMO, not on USMB anyway. God knows, I have never seen her be half the bitch I can be.

I guess we can all stand improvement, huh?

I disagree. I think you are nicer.

We still have our differences though.:lol:

Me??????????

Holy cow, The Light...that's some high praise there. I might not be able to get my head through my own door for awhile.

You are pretty sweet yourself, sir.

Hey, be nice to the Hindu cows. They're sacred you know.:lol:

Thanks. :)

You'll notice I am very opinionated and more often than not those are STRONG opinions, but I always love the people.

Avatar may well give money to his faith. I don't see a thing wrong with helping fund endeavors you believe in.

What have you done to help the next guy, Hister?

Apparently helping others is a bad thing. Who knew?:)

Helping others is good, of course (don't tell that asshole who has no kids and pays a little more tax... lol). What's bogus is giving your money to organized religion, ever notice how big the pope's house is for a guy who doesn't have a job? Ever notice the expensive cars and houses your elders live and ride in? Not bad for peeps with no job... It's a pyramid scheme, plain and simple. And Av is one of the guys at the bottom.

Av, as for your freedom, you follow the mormon script by the letter, don't you? They're TELLING you how to live. You're in a prison that's captured your mind.

Avatar may well give money to his faith. I don't see a thing wrong with helping fund endeavors you believe in.

What have you done to help the next guy, Hister?

Apparently helping others is a bad thing. Who knew?:)

Helping others is good, of course (don't tell that asshole who has no kids and pays a little more tax... lol). What's bogus is giving your money to organized religion, ever notice how big the pope's house is for a guy who doesn't have a job? Ever notice the expensive cars and houses your elders live and ride in? Not bad for peeps with no job... It's a pyramid scheme, plain and simple. And Av is one of the guys at the bottom.

Av, as for your freedom, you follow the mormon script by the letter, don't you? They're TELLING you how to live. You're in a prison that's captured your mind.

Wrong. If Av so decided to leave his faith at any time he could do so, but what you call "telling you how to live" is actually Av's choice to follow his convictions. Is there anything wrong with denying ones own selfish ambitions? No one is ever "tempted" to tithe I can assure you of that. ;)

ABS, I'm an agnostic who believes that at this point in human history, we just don't know what happens to us when we die. I think that what little evidence there is POSSIBLY points to part of us being re-incarnated continuously.

Lite: If Av decided to leave his faith, he'd lose all his friends, family, would have to move, would be shunned... It's not like a normal person who decides to go from taoism to buddhism and all his friends go: huh? laugh, and move on. So if Av doesn't do exactly as he's told and give them the amount of money that they want, he's fucked, sorta like a protection raquet. Whereas if the buddhist strays, nobody gives a fuck.

The thing I notice most about anger is that often people who have real reasons to be troubled are looking for somebody to dump their frustrations on.

Their lives aren't going well, and there's damned little they can do about that, so they are seeking out targets to vent their rage upon. I doubt they do this consciously, but the pattern of a perpetually angry person is pretty obvious.

Hey, admit it, we pretty much all do this once in a while. Some of us are doing it all the time. We invest enormously complex theories to explain it, like for example, it's all the liberals fault or its all the conservative faults.

We seek to blame others when in fact our problems might simply be the outcome of fate over which none of us have much control.

Sometimes what's motivating our behavior is even a mystery to us.

Often, in fact.

Last edited:
The thing I notice most about anger is that often people who have real reasons to be troubled are looking for somebody to dump their frustrations on.

Their lives aren't going well, and there's damned little they can do about that, so they are seeking out targets to vent their rage upon. I doubt they do this consciously, but the pattern of a perpetually angry person is pretty obvious.

Hey, admit it, we pretty much all do this once in a while. Some of us are doing it all the time. We invest enormously complex theories to explain it, like for example, it's all the liberals fault or its all the conservative faults.

We seek to blame others when in fact our problems might simply be the outcome of fate over which none of us have much control.

Often, in fact.

Somehow Christians make a great target for people's frustrations.

Last edited:
ABS, I'm an agnostic who believes that at this point in human history, we just don't know what happens to us when we die. I think that what little evidence there is POSSIBLY points to part of us being re-incarnated continuously.

Lite: If Av decided to leave his faith, he'd lose all his friends, family, would have to move, would be shunned... It's not like a normal person who decides to go from taoism to buddhism and all his friends go: huh? laugh, and move on. So if Av doesn't do exactly as he's told and give them the amount of money that they want, he's fucked, sorta like a protection raquet. Whereas if the buddhist strays, nobody gives a fuck.

Interestingly enough, Judaism, Hinduism and Tao all point to souls being recycled or reincarnated in their belief systems. Interestingly enough, there was a rabbi who was well known for being able to see if people had lived lives before, because he'd asked someone why they didn't know a certain thing, because they'd already lived 16 times before.

And, if you want to unite theology and science, realize this........energy can neither be created nor destroyed, according to the laws of thermodynamics. And, if you go into physiology, you'll find out that the thing that runs your body is electricity (your brain generates 20 watts continuously) as well as powers your whole nervous system.

So, where does the energy go when you leave your meat suit? According to Hindu and Judaic beliefs, you can be placed back here on earth and re-born.

As far as Tao? If you would invest a bit of time and research, you would see where Judaic theology and Tao are VERY similar, as well as there are many similarities between Buddhist teachings and what Yeshua taught.

Interestingly enough, Judaism, Hinduism and Tao all point to souls being recycled or reincarnated in their belief systems. Interestingly enough, there was a rabbi who was well known for being able to see if people had lived lives before, because he'd asked someone why they didn't know a certain thing, because they'd already lived 16 times before.

And, if you want to unite theology and science, realize this........

Also interesting to me- I read a book a couple of years ago, written by an American psychiatrist who had a rather unusual experience with one of his clients, which resulted in his belief in reincarnation. I don't adhere to any specific religion, dogmatic or otherwise, but it was a really interesting (to me) read, and some really odd events led him to his new views on the subject. It certainly gave me something to think about.

Often, in fact.

That's becuase not many people are aware of themselves or their experiences. We dont let ourselves feel our feelings. We dont let us see whats around us. We dont let ourselves actually hear the sounds around us. we are on autopilot.

If people were aware of themselves and their current state I think they wouldnt be the same way they are.

Forum List

Back