Hatred

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
is holding a grudge and thinking you're right. From Don't Bite the Hook by Pema Chodron.

Pema Chodron says that's what the Dalai Lama thinks.

I reaize it means I'm in deep trouble.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure it's thinking you're right as much as it is begrudging someone else for thinking they are right as well. I may think I'm right about alot of things, but I don't hate anyone for disagreeing with me.

• Banned
I think this kind of ordinary hatred pops up on message boards all the time--especially political ones.

It's that idea that MY view is RIGHT and yours is wrong and YOU therefore are dismissible as a human being. It's a grudge that gets fed post after post.

I think this kind of ordinary hatred pops up on message boards all the time--especially political ones.

To me, that is not hatred. How can you hate someone you've never even met? Further, why would a person be so inclined, unless he didn't feel secure with his own views and himself?

• Banned

To me, that is not hatred. How can you hate someone you've never even met? Further, why would a person be so inclined, unless he didn't feel secure with his own views and himself?

Grudges pop up all the time. It's a feeling of ill will toward another. Add to that a sense of righteousness, that I'm right and you're wrong. Think of how they turn up in 'wedge' issues. Think of all the vitriol that goes behind labels like liberal and conservative.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just not hyper-sensitive. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and it doesn't bother me for people to all be different. That's one of the reasons I ditched organized religion many years ago. Peaceful co-existence is about the best I expect because we are all so different.

Kinda like Sky hates Christians because4 they oppose same sex marriages. Well some do anyway. She has gone so far as to declare Christians more dangerous to her then Muslim terrorists.

• Banned
That's right RGS. I have a grudge toward a specific group of Christians because they oppose marriage equality.

I'm honest about it, and it's something I'm interested in overcoming.

Some people have grudges towards Muslims and they aren't interested in overcoming them.

Last edited:
I don't hate anyone on here.

You all are my sock puppets anyway, so that would just be weird if I hated anyone on here.

I don't hate anyone on here.

You all are my sock puppets anyway, so that would just be weird if I hated anyone on here.

I'm not sure the kind of animus you describe qualifies as "hate", Sky Dancer. But I do have a problem with it too....I have an evil sister in law I'd love to (fill in strange and demented form of harm here). I know it isn't good for me, doesn't advance anyone's interests, and doesn't reflect a fair reading of the situation. I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to forgive and forget where she's concerned; I guess I'm a bit protective of my brother.

Does the Dahlia Lama suggest that we try to focus on the hated object and try to find positive things to say? Or that we try to erase them from our thoughts?

hate, hatred, vials of hate, disaffection, disfavor; alienation, estrangement, coolness; enmity; animosity., umbrage, pique, grudge; dudgeon, ...I'll be honest. I have some of these kinds of grudges. I want to overcome them.

I'm studying Pema Chodron CD called Don't Bite the Hook.

The whole point is to catch yourself when you're hating and then not feed it.

I tried to clear up a grudge with another poster today and it didn't work, BTW.

Last edited:
You never know the real impact of your words, Sky Dancer. Many who read them and don't post may be moved...and the one you replied to might just be a tad too hard-headed to admit when he or she is wrong.

You never know the real impact of your words, Sky Dancer. Many who read them and don't post may be moved...and the one you replied to might just be a tad too hard-headed to admit when he or she is wrong.

That's encouraging of you to think so. A bit polly anna but sweet.

I'm just thinking about the Dalai Lama. One would think he would hate Mao Tse Tung, after all Mao ordered the Tibetan Holocaust. When Mao died, HH the Dalai Lama cried. He cried out of compassion because he knew Mao would suffer in the afterlife for his misdeeds.

I'm so petty. With my many likes and dislikes.

Last edited:
I dont have a grudge against anyone. Especially not on a message board.

I am right alot of the time though.

So i guess im a hater, even though I don't feel any negative feelings toward anyone here.

is holding a grudge and thinking you're right. From Don't Bite the Hook by Pema Chodron.

Pema Chodron says that's what the Dalai Lama thinks.

I reaize it means I'm in deep trouble.

Hatred is allowing someone else to control your life and giving your freedom to another person. The grudge is irrelevant, so is you being right or wrong. Set yourself free and deny that person the right to control you and you will be free, sleep batter, and just might make their life more miserable because they still hate you.

Karma works both ways after all.

Forum List

Back