Hatred, when is it too much?

No, that's not it at all, I want people to reclaim the power, not Democrat, nor Republican, but the people. You have fallen for a ploy, the politicians don't care about you, not even the Republican ones. Neither side gives a rat's ass about the people, that's my point. You are going after the wrong people, blaming the wrong people. The little things that you and others (on both sides) have fallen for are minor non-issues, they simply don't make a difference. Spicy mustard ring any bells? Glenn Beck? Olberman? It's all political distractions to keep you at each others throats and keep you thinking it's just the other party while the politicians are basically raping our freedoms.
You are correct on so many levels. I'm not sure how the people are going to get it back. It is going to be a tough battle and it is going to take a majority in a concerted effort to put aside this bickering to retrieve the liberty this nation was designed to have from the beginning.

That's it, but until more people start seeing what's really happening nothing will get better. Worse is that the politicians aren't hiding their bullshit. It's plain as day, especially now. Look at what Obama has done so far, it's almost exactly the same Bush did, just different language and pet projects.

Well don't go into total collapse from despair, because the American people will only be pushed so far, and then the "correction" will begin, more than likely in the way of a revolution, and whether that turns out to be a violent one or not will depend much on how Washington responds.

Well don't go into total collapse from despair, because the American people will only be pushed so far, and then the "correction" will begin, more than likely in the way of a revolution, and whether that turns out to be a violent one or not will depend much on how Washington responds.

How much of the geniune "American people" are actually left?

I'd say the vast majority pard. The recent crowds at town halls for example, but more importantly, the ones that have the back bone for a fight. Most anti gun, anti violence, flower child, old hippie, kumbaya singing, liberals faint at the site of a weapon. What kind of a fight do you think it would be, conservatives against liberals? ... :lol:

Last edited:

I'd say the vast majority pard. The recent crowds at town halls for example, but more importantly, the ones that have the back bone for a fight. Most anti gun, anti violence, flower child, old hippie, kumbaya singing, liberals faint at the site of a weapon. What kind of a fight do you think it would be, conservatives against liberals? ... :lol:

You obviously haven't read the firearms threads at DU :D

This thread is basically about what I talk about all the time, the 'us/them' mentality most people have.

Its interesting to see that a lot of people do it so casually that they don't realize how partisan they themselves are.

The rdean fellow is a good example, he wants to talk about what some call Obama, but has no problem at all at what people call GoPers, to him they 'deserve' it.

This is again why I reject political parties, they make people support things they know are wrong for the good of 'the party.'

I wouldn't be caught dead on that filthy, anti American, liberal hell hole, period.

I wouldn't be caught dead on that filthy, anti American, liberal hell hole, period.

Okay, I won't post any links then :lol:

While the rest I agree with, that particular statement is part of the problem. We have to stop thinking about it as "us versus them" and start thinking we are Americans again. The 'us' should be any legal citizen, and 'them' should be anyone who is not. There shouldn't be a bickering between the left and right. Debate and discussion are important, but not all this attacking each other. We are all Americans, Republican and Democrat supporter, liberal and conservative, we need each other to make this country what it once was because that's what made this country great.

I am sorry KK, but there are operatives that are paid to belittle and fight on these types of forums, and they are also paid to blog

They are alinskyites, and obamatrons, in the highest order

But I understand your concern. It goes against my grain to be a fighter, but when I see my freedom and the Constitution being defamed and used as fodder for the leftists of the world, I cannot sit back and just allow it to go unanswered. That is where the GOP made their biggest mistakes in the past, that is why they are now impotent

Aah, now that makes more sense, I can agree with them being anti-America. However with your concern, I wouldn't trust the GOP either now, if you look very closely both the parties have been on the same track this whole time, this is why I say politicians versus the citizens. The politicians are using their parties as masks to get the blind followers to distract people from the fact that they all seem to be heading toward one goal right now, more government power.

I liked your OP, yet I think many are missing what's going on right now. Many, if not most that post regularly here are very attuned to what is going on in the world, not just Washington or their states. With that said, much of 'the world' focuses on what is happening in Washington so sometimes we are not as attuned as we think we are. (Guess that's one of those chicken & egg thoughts? :doubt:)

It seems to me that for the past year and a half or so, a rapidly growing number of people that rarely, if ever pay attention to 'news' or politics have begun doing so, not out of interest, but rather a 'gut feeling' that somethings are going wrong. They fear something, but don't know what it is. Thus the visceral responses one is hearing in restaurants, nail shops, shopping malls. The tea parties, rapid spending in Washington, auto/bank takeovers, health care, cap & trade, economy, North Korea and 4th of July threats, etc., all these are being commented on by 'average Joes & Janes.' They may or may not understand what they are concerned about, but they are taking sides.

Forum List

Back