Hatred or Anger?

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
I just posted a response to someone saying that Blacks are full of hate. I would like to expand on that post. I believe there is a big difference between anger and hate.

Most married folks have been angry with their spouse at one time or another. Most parents have been angry with their children. But being angry at them does not mean that we hate them.

Lots of black people are angry, and with good reason. But how free have they been to express that anger? How much have they held back and for how long? When black people express their anger over slavery they’ve been told to forget about it. That was years ago. We’re tired of hearing about the past. Stop blaming your troubles on somebody else. Pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps, etc., etc.

I think that eventually many people stopped expressing themselves and held it in because they always got the same answer. They were told how to think, how to feel and how to respond to something that was done to their ancestors. And all the while they watch other groups hold annual prayer vigils in order to “remember the past, so that we do not repeat it.”

While some folks think we should forget the past, others, like me, believe we should apologize for it. The Southern Baptist Convention passed a resolution apologizing for supporting racism for much of its history. It reads in part, “We unwaveringly denounce racism in all its forms, as deplorable sin; and that we lament and repudiate historic acts of evil such as slavery from which we continue to reap a bitter harvest.”

I think Black people have good reason to be angry. I, as a White person, have never felt the pangs from the stares, the negative vibes from the body language, the rejection from the crossing to the other side that many black people have felt. Every time a white person inches away, screws up their face, follows customers around the store, pulls someone over because he looks suspicious, assumes a child can’t learn, passes over someone for a promotion, pays someone less money for the same job, clutches a purse or quickly locks a car door, it is a reminder that for many white people, color still matters. And I don’t think we can get past it until we face it.

I must finally say that I see a big difference between placing blame and telling the truth. People who refuse to hear and accept the truth have no hope of finding solutions to their differences. People who embrace the truth, no matter how painful or self-revealing it may be, will ultimately find themselves set free.

White people should apologize? Which white people? Slavery ended 150 years ago. All the slaves and all the masters are dead. I owe no one an apology for something done by a guy with the same skin color as me.
That concept is just as wrong the racial profiling you mention above.
Why is anyone angry, black or white? How does something 150 years in the past justify looting businesses? burning businesses? killing your brothers and sisters?
How does slavery justify a murder rate six times the murder rate for while folks?

White people should apologize? Which white people? Slavery ended 150 years ago. All the slaves and all the masters are dead.
The one's who have enough understanding of the "peculiar institution" and its enduring impacts to know that whites who were not slave owners, long after slavery itself was abolished, enjoyed and owe some or all their current station to the primacy that slavery and the subsequent cultural inculcation of notions of superiority established for them.

I mean really. How else is one to construe the part of our history whereby even the most vile of while ne'er do wells, even well after slavery's end, nominally enjoyed, in the eyes of official and unofficial America, a social status as a human being above every black no matter a black person's accomplishments. Even to this day, in the minds of some, a convicted white felon is the better of, say, a black like Dr. Charles Drew, and the only reason for that being so is the color of their skin.

In time, all Confederate Flags are going to taken down, stomped on and torn assunder.

It's racist message needs to be placed in the dust bin of history once and for ever.

Good post OP.

I just posted a response to someone saying that Blacks are full of hate. I would like to expand on that post. I believe there is a big difference between anger and hate.

Most married folks have been angry with their spouse at one time or another. Most parents have been angry with their children. But being angry at them does not mean that we hate them.

Lots of black people are angry, and with good reason. But how free have they been to express that anger? How much have they held back and for how long? When black people express their anger over slavery they’ve been told to forget about it. That was years ago. We’re tired of hearing about the past. Stop blaming your troubles on somebody else. Pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps, etc., etc.

I think that eventually many people stopped expressing themselves and held it in because they always got the same answer. They were told how to think, how to feel and how to respond to something that was done to their ancestors. And all the while they watch other groups hold annual prayer vigils in order to “remember the past, so that we do not repeat it.”

While some folks think we should forget the past, others, like me, believe we should apologize for it. The Southern Baptist Convention passed a resolution apologizing for supporting racism for much of its history. It reads in part, “We unwaveringly denounce racism in all its forms, as deplorable sin; and that we lament and repudiate historic acts of evil such as slavery from which we continue to reap a bitter harvest.”

I think Black people have good reason to be angry. I, as a White person, have never felt the pangs from the stares, the negative vibes from the body language, the rejection from the crossing to the other side that many black people have felt. Every time a white person inches away, screws up their face, follows customers around the store, pulls someone over because he looks suspicious, assumes a child can’t learn, passes over someone for a promotion, pays someone less money for the same job, clutches a purse or quickly locks a car door, it is a reminder that for many white people, color still matters. And I don’t think we can get past it until we face it.

I must finally say that I see a big difference between placing blame and telling the truth. People who refuse to hear and accept the truth have no hope of finding solutions to their differences. People who embrace the truth, no matter how painful or self-revealing it may be, will ultimately find themselves set free.
It's not just a black psychological problem, it exist in all humans, some have to power to overcome it and control it, others can't and let it control them, but your inability to see the blacks as anything else but victims blinds you to the truth...

It's not just a black psychological problem, it exist in all humans, some have to power to overcome it and control it, others can't and let it control them, but your inability to see the blacks as anything else but victims blinds you to the truth...

The only one here with the psychological problem is you. For the past 30 odd years I have heard nothing but whites crying about being victims and that incudes you. The truth is this, without slavery, laws and policies that eliminated all completion and gave whites every advantage your ass would not be here making the arrogant comments you make.

The only one here with the psychological problem is you. For the past 30 odd years I have heard nothing but whites crying about being victims and that incudes you. The truth is this, without slavery, laws and policies that eliminated all completion and gave whites every advantage your ass would not be here making the arrogant comments you make.
yes I would...and the only one crying is the one that feels the need to wear the victim badge....You poor guys can't seem to get over a damn thing and constantly want to whine about it.You claim to be a self made man and already retired, well dumb-ass, you seem to have made it in a society which holds da black man down...

White people should apologize? Which white people? Slavery ended 150 years ago. All the slaves and all the masters are dead. I owe no one an apology for something done by a guy with the same skin color as me.
That concept is just as wrong the racial profiling you mention above.
Why is anyone angry, black or white? How does something 150 years in the past justify looting businesses? burning businesses? killing your brothers and sisters?
How does slavery justify a murder rate six times the murder rate for while folks?

The "NATION" should apologize. Why? Citizenship, for most, is an inheritance. We as citizens inherit the freedoms and privileges of this nation without playing in a role there creation. As such, we also inherit the liabilities of the nation without regard to personally playing a role in there creation. It's hypocritical to accept the asset of freedom but reject the liability responsibility for racial inequality.

White people should apologize? Which white people? Slavery ended 150 years ago. All the slaves and all the masters are dead.
The one's who have enough understanding of the "peculiar institution" and its enduring impacts to know that whites who were not slave owners, long after slavery itself was abolished, enjoyed and owe some or all their current station to the primacy that slavery and the subsequent cultural inculcation of notions of superiority established for them.

I mean really. How else is one to construe the part of our history whereby even the most vile of while ne'er do wells, even well after slavery's end, nominally enjoyed, in the eyes of official and unofficial America, a social status as a human being above every black no matter a black person's accomplishments. Even to this day, in the minds of some, a convicted white felon is the better of, say, a black like Dr. Charles Drew, and the only reason for that being so is the color of their skin.
If you would restrict your comments to words and phrases you understand, I might actually take you more seriously.
I repeat: Slavery has been over for 150 years. The mere fact that your great great great grandfather was a slave, does not excuse or explain shooting rival drug dealers, looting businesses and burning vehicles and property. It doesn't explain that since the 60s the black family has disintegrated, why 72% of black children are born to un-wed mothers

If you would restrict your comments to words and phrases you understand, I might actually take you more seriously.
I repeat: Slavery has been over for 150 years. The mere fact that your great great great grandfather was a slave, does not excuse or explain shooting rival drug dealers, looting businesses and burning vehicles and property. It doesn't explain that since the 60s the black family has disintegrated, why 72% of black children are born to un-wed mothers
I've already responded to that remark. If you don't understand my reply, either ask for clarifications of specific elements of my reply or don't respond.

In time, all Confederate Flags are going to taken down, stomped on and torn assunder.

It's racist message needs to be placed in the dust bin of history once and for ever.

Good post OP.
When my avatar stops getting a reaction, I'll likely change it to something else that will piss you off, Marc.

yes I would...and the only one crying is the one that feels the need to wear the victim badge....You poor guys can't seem to get over a damn thing and constantly want to whine about it.You claim to be a self made man and already retired, well dumb-ass, you seem to have made it in a society which holds da black man down...

And so my experience means there is no more racism by whites. Ha! My one example shows that whitey is not holding anyone down. You have not lived my life and you don't know what I had to endure to get to where I am that you would not because of my race. I am of the belief that you do not build your treasure on earth. That means I will fight to end racism until I die or it ends before I do so. My 32 years pf work was primarily in helping people affected by racism. Helping people deal with it and helping them cope with the feelings that come with being disrespected by no class ignorant white maggots like you who could not wipe my ass, much less tell me what I am supposed to do and how I am suppose too be living.

It also doesn't seem to explain that all of what you just said is trash.

And so my experience means there is no more racism by whites. Ha! My one example shows that whitey is not holding anyone down. You have not lived my life and you don't know what I had to endure to get to where I am that you would not because of my race. I am of the belief that you do not build your treasure on earth. That means I will fight to end racism until I die or it ends before I do so. My 32 years pf work was primarily in helping people affected by racism. Helping people deal with it and helping them cope with the feelings that come with being disrespected by no class ignorant white maggots like you who could not wipe my ass, much less tell me what I am supposed to do and how I am suppose too be living.
Well it'll make for a good movie on Lifetime....I don't doubt your victim mentality, what I do doubt is your humanism..I could recant stories of derogatory interludes in life, but I'm not like that. I prefer to live now and not yesterday..My 40 years of work was to stay out of poverty( I liked to eat) and to live decently..I had and have no special powers or position on the planet. My wealth is what I have had to make, I have been given nothing but life from my Mother, the rest, was up to me...

Well, color matters to the phony reverend Jesse Jackson, does it not? Why else would he have described feeling relieved once he found out those footsteps behind him on a dark sidewalk belonged to a white guy and not a black guy? He worries when a black guy is behind him but not a white guy and that says a lot IMO.

Good post OP.
Soon, those flags will only be available on the black market.

Reparations for slaves ...

Cel9ffbP.jpeg

Forum List

Back